• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Why would anyone want to leave the UK? They have a rotten old queen for a ruler and a slightly less old rotten queen for an heir.

I should not say things like that about her high mucky muck majesty the queen. She's old and pretty soon she will be a good queen. Then I'll probably feel bad for saying things like this...unless I remember my history, then I'll laugh and wish her son becomes a good king soon after, then all their filthy line.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why would anyone want to leave the UK?

Because of the Walter Mitty Effect.

If you read about REVOLUTION, always somewhere else of course, or in an L. Neil Smith novel, then you may have to go to your gig on Monday morning but you have a full belly, hot shower and warm bed.:laugh:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Maybe the native Scots are finally going to show the gonads displayed by the Scots-Irish in America!
    Thank you for not calling us Scotch-Irish.:yesway: There is no such thing as that. Scotch is drink (which I also like!:D)

Best of luck to them! My family traces a lot of it's ancestry to the Highlands, so I am really rooting for them.
    Mine too. With a lot of Irish thrown in. Funny, and it may just be silliness on my part, but when I hear Scottish or especially Irish music, it's like something calls to me. It's late though, and it may be the Scotch talking!:D
    I spend a good deal of time in Wales. I can tell you that the Welsh do NOT like the English.
    My wife's family is from Wales and she is rabid about secession from England for the Welsh. (Come to think of it, she is nearly as pro-secession for our states as J_Wales is. And they both make excellent arguments for it!)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    As American's that was once under the rule of England we should stand behind them. "TIE what may be Tied we are the Haigs of Bemersyde'' Knights of the lowlands and my blood.

We're still busy in Afghanistan. Let the King of France come to their aid this time. :):

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    But what does Washington's army have to do with Scotland?

My point was the Scots-Irish percentage of Washington's army (who were fighting for the collective colonies' freedom, and getting to kill a bunch of English in the bargain.) Try not to be so disingenuous, you bloody twit. :rolleyes:

MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    I'm no great Francophile, but the fact of the matter is that if it had not been for the assistance of the French, we would still be saluting the Queen.
    Dont you mean if it wasnt for the American soliders the French would be saluting Hitler.:draw:

Top Bottom