• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikestripe

Marksman
    Jul 21, 2012
    seymour,in.
    What do currently have in stock,I have a Mosin and a 8mm 1942 Chez Mauser,looking for something like a 1903 or maybe a K31 OR VZ24 Mauser.and do take pistols in on trade.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I was just in there 30 minutes ago. 91/30s and M44s were all I saw. At least I think they were M44s. I didn't take a really close look since it wasn't anything I was interested in.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    FYI, there were only 2 of those T53's left when I was in there early this afternoon if anyone is looking to get one of these.

I wasn't buying today so I didn't want to pull anyone from a potential sale. Also, my 10-year-old was with me and I have a couple of things to get him for Christmas. It was my first time in there and it appears that there are several things that I need to get myself for Christmas.

A question on the 91/30's. The thread on here somewhere about these has sparked me to get one or two. I see that they vary in price by a range of $20 or so. Some of the tags say "matching" on them. Being my first time even looking at these, is there something I should be looking for?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What's the condition? All the ones I've seen have ratty bores and rattier stocks.

I picked one up while I was in there because it was in such rough condition. Awful is more like it. Stock looked like someone had used it for dart practice. I joked with Mr88GT that it was one of the ones that the proverbial tank actually did drive over. I'm not trashing Bradis's stock. (I wanted to take home that Swiss Model 1911 even though it was it pretty rough shape, but the Mr said no. Can you believe that?) I just think we're that far into the milsurp market and the only things left are the bottom of the barrels. Or the ones still being scrounged off the Russian steppes. The good stuff always get offered and bought first.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I picked one up while I was in there because it was in such rough condition. Awful is more like it. Stock looked like someone had used it for dart practice. I joked with Mr88GT that it was one of the ones that the proverbial tank actually did drive over. I'm not trashing Bradis's stock. (I wanted to take home that Swiss Model 1911 even though it was it pretty rough shape, but the Mr said no. Can you believe that?) I just think we're that far into the milsurp market and the only things left are the bottom of the barrels. Or the ones still being scrounged off the Russian steppes. The good stuff always get offered and bought first.

Did you happen to look at 91/30's, and if so were they in similar condition? I was just thinking about buying one. Sounds like I may have waited too long.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Did you happen to look at 91/30's, and if so were they in similar condition? I was just thinking about buying one. Sounds like I may have waited too long.

They looked about typical for a crap Russian firearm that is how old? ;) :D (91/30 is not high on my list of faves, obviously.)

Sorry, I didn't take any special notice of them. None stood out as just dreadful, but none seemed overly fine either. You should stop in a take a look. There was definitely a range of condition. I wouldn't be surprised if you found a good (enough) one.

92LX

Marksman
    May 20, 2012
    91/30s

Their 91/30 looked like almost all other 91/30s. Probably a few gems in there.

Ahhhh

I miss the days of Finnish Mosins, Enfields, Mausers galore, Swiss Rifles, and $59.00 M44s.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Thanks guys. Today the bridge on Ronald Regan finally opens, and it will make our journeys to Plainfield and beyond much simpler. Sounds like enough of an excuse to go down to Camby and have a look.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Thanks guys. Today the bridge on Ronald Regan finally opens, and it will make our journeys to Plainfield and beyond much simpler. Sounds like enough of an excuse to go down to Camby and have a look.

Oh, Happy Day!!!!!!!! I hate having to scoot over to Dan Jones or Raceway (and take the truck through that horribly narrow underpass).

Just beware. When you cross 70 and RR becomes Ameriplex Parkway, there's an IMPD LEO who stations himself just after the wide left curve immediately south of the highway. He was there last Tuesday around noon and I saw him there again pulling away from a traffic stop around 9am today. He's all about making the stops and generating that revenue too. Professional and respectful, but no warnings, all tickets.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    My wife and I are stupidly happy about it too. We live just north of the new bridge and have been watching...and waiting...and waiting...

Thanks for the warning. I don't have any desire to post a "LEO Encounter" thread. :)

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Oh, Happy Day!!!!!!!! I hate having to scoot over to Dan Jones or Raceway (and take the truck through that horribly narrow underpass).

Just beware. When you cross 70 and RR becomes Ameriplex Parkway, there's an IMPD LEO who stations himself just after the wide left curve immediately south of the highway. He was there last Tuesday around noon and I saw him there again pulling away from a traffic stop around 9am today. He's all about making the stops and generating that revenue too. Professional and respectful, but no warnings, all tickets.

Yep. IMPD is large enough to have dedicated traffic cops. That is all they do. They don't wander or move a lot, they find a spot and milk the hell out of it. Doesn't actually curtail speeding any because the locals quickly learn where they sit. The Traffic cops could care less about other crimes to don't even ask the leading questions. Just here is your ticket, now move along.

The new road really does make it easier to get down to Braidis from the westside.

Top Bottom