• ...and so much more!
  • charless917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North East Indy
    SWFA had this combo deal Millett 1-4x24 DMS / Burris P.E.P.R. Combo

Anyone think this is a good scope for my AR....its a BCM 14.5 w/ 2in flash.

I currently have a Primary arms m3 red dot but want some magnification for 100 yards ect . I dont think I want to go with the add on magnifier, I would rather have it all in one. So I want my AR for short to medium range but my eye sight sucks so want to magnification. I want to try to get it for this weekend. Anyone know someone who sells this so I can see it in the store?

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    That is practically next to my office. I have that combo at home, unfortunately I will be on the road the next several days and out of town. I don't know anyone who sells it locally, are you in a hurry?

charless917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North East Indy
    yeah Im in a little bit of a hurry, I really want to get this for the weekend so I would have to order it today or tomorrow to get it in time. Several co worker and I are going shooting. Im just debating on waiting and researching more or just going ahead and get it. Most places dont offer a return on scopes so I dont want to get it and not like it at all and have to sell if for less than I bought it for.

charless917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North East Indy
    other than being big and heavy I hear nothing but good things about it (minus some who had fungus thing). Just dont want to waste money if I should just save and get something better. I dont think the weight is going to be a big deal to me.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I was the same as you when I pondered whether to buy it or not. There are several on the board that has this combo and i never heard anything bad from them.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have my DMS1 in an armalite mount.

Scope has done amazing for me on multiple different guns. It's what made me start hating my red dots actually. Now my aimpoint is sitting on my desk all alone.

For the dimensions and weight, I haven't really seen better. Nothing has a better reticle, I know that for certain.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My office is on the northeast side (116th and I-69) and I have that scope in a LaRue mount on my .223 AR and was thinking of another for my .458 SOCOM. Let me know if you want to see it up close and personal and I could bring it with me. If you don't like the Millett/PEPR, let me know and I would be interested in it. I've got the .458 on order...going on 10 weeks now... and will need glass for it once it arrives.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    My dad ended up buying this setup for his 458 deer gun. Great budget combo. Holds up to the hammer from the big rounds. Look around and you should be able to find a used setup for $150- $200 used.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I have a DMS-1 in a LaRue mount, I've used it on 3 different uppers.
    Like the others have said it's on the larger/bulkier side, but I haven't found that to be much of a downfall. Mine's an earlier one, I've had it quite a while, and it does have the fungus thing but it's only noticeable at the higher brightness settings. I currently have the scope on my 3-gun upper and not a SHTF gun so it's not as much of an issue to me, the scope works great even with the illumination turned off anyway.
    The glass is clear for the price, 1X is close enough to a true 1X at anything past 20 feet or so, the scope has a rugged feel to it and it holds zero. I don't have firsthand experience with the P.E.P.R. mount but this deal looks nice.

Top Bottom