• ...and so much more!
  • .45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I just ordered two 40 oz cans of whole dried eggs from Emergency Essentials. Got powdered milk. That's the easiest way to go.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All will freeze. Milk just needs to be shaken once it is thawed. Eggs need to be broken out to freeze. A better alternative to freezing them is the dehydrated version.

Yep! Freeze eggs in ice cube trays. Very easy to thaw and use! (If you freeze eggs in the shell they will break and make a mess trying to thaw and use.) Powdered milk is easier to store and use than frozen, IMHO.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Two weeks ago I'd bought a case of soy milk and another case of rice milk. It's good for about a year and that's probably how long it will take to go through it.

I've cooked with both and the rice milk does well in baking and my wife likes to drink the soy milk. I have not tried making cream sauces with the rice milk yet, but will do so soon.

The soy milk has a sweetener added even though it is marked 'Plain', and doesen't do well for me in Mac 'n Cheese, but again, the wife likes it just fine in her Mac 'n Cheese so that's good enough.

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    I've thought about potatoes. How obvious. Thanks

And yeah I know, but I have plenty of extra water. plus I don't have to worry about it really going bad.

I'd thought water only lasts so long in plastic?

I've been looking at putting in a hand pump for the well, it would come in handy during the what seems to be weekly power outages we have around here if nothing else

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What if you hard boiled the eggs, then froze them?

I know, game changer, right??!!!
    Pickling might last longer. Not sure how well a hard boiled egg would hold up to freezing. Regardless of it's state, though, it has a very limited life in the freezer. A few months, at best.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom