• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The Anthrax that the military got is the same as the one Vets have been taking since the early '70's. Unlike the current H1N1 Vaccine that is being used. :):

I remember it as a big stink with some refusing it and jeopardizing their careers over it during Gulf War I (IIRC). I am 99.9% sure it was in the basic group of shots in 1990/1991 for those going through basic (not that soldiers in basic were the ones that refused :): ).

I am not saying it was a bad vaccine, or new, just one some soldiers felt uneasy about enough to speak publicly.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I am not saying it was a bad vaccine, or new, just one some soldiers felt uneasy about enough to speak publicly.
    I was in the fleet at the time on an aircraft carrier. The word I got after receiving the shot was that it was a mix of four vaccines, three of the four were not FDA approved (being rushed to the fleet because no other drugs were approved yet), and none of the four vaccines were approved to be mixed together into one shot.

/threadjack/

Anyone else miss those hypo-injectors that they used to shoot the meds at 100-120 psi through the skin? Being a diabetic, I still dislike needles even after 10 years.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I was in the fleet at the time on an aircraft carrier. The word I got after receiving the shot was that it was a mix of four vaccines, three of the four were not FDA approved (being rushed to the fleet because no other drugs were approved yet), and none of the four vaccines were approved to be mixed together into one shot.

/threadjack/

Anyone else miss those hypo-injectors that they used to shoot the meds at 100-120 psi through the skin? Being a diabetic, I still dislike needles even after 10 years.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    No Blue Tile,, but I miss the plain ol' needles. They've been giving us the FluMist vaccine for the past three years. Bad enough that I'm gonna get sick from it, but do I really have to have a runny nose feeling for 2 hours afterwards?

Looking forward to my first year in a long time without getting sick. Ahh, to be a civilian again and able to say "nope, I'm not taking a vaccine".

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Didn't read it. Came straight from the source. Oh, and it's not tin foil hat friends either.

Maybe not everyone got the cocktail. Or maybe they lied to you. Or both.

It's ok to say..I must have the wrong info, or I'm sorry I will look into this a bit more. No one was jumping on you personally, just maybe start giving things you read on the 'net, even at sites that "usually" are not prone to exaggeration, a bit of skepticism.
    Stating your personal opinion is one thing, people can disagree with it..but it's yours. Stating propaganda as fact is another thing altogether.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Those hypos were great. I was enlisted for 8 years and I got the flu every time, right after getting the vaccine.
    What bothers me is doing this on a broad scale of our military seems like a strategic mistake.
    If it turns out to be a bad vaccine, how weakened have we become?
    A saying comes to mind about not putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I can honestly say that during my time in service I cannot count the number of needle sticks I received (Anthrax, Yel Fev, Deng, Fev, Flu,....)

I had never before, or have been as healthy as I was during those years.

Although, it could have had something to do with Top's 12 miler's on Friday mornings followed by alchohol infusions on the weekends.

:);):rockwoot::yesway::cool::draw::patriot::laugh::twocents::welcome:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's ok to say..I must have the wrong info, or I'm sorry I will look into this a bit more. No one was jumping on you personally, just maybe start giving things you read on the 'net, even at sites that "usually" are not prone to exaggeration, a bit of skepticism.
    Stating your personal opinion is one thing, people can disagree with it..but it's yours. Stating propaganda as fact is another thing altogether.

Aww, look who came to bash! Sorry, no, I heard this from two active duty service members. Thanks for playing though. You still have won an all expenses paid vacation to your local Flu Shot clinic to take the H1N1 Vaccine shot! Take comfort in knowing you're more likely to get the H1N1 and will have other GREAT side effects!

Oh, and go ahead and take the H1N1. I'll take great pleasure in laughing at you. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Guys, I will say this about all the innoculations I received while in the military:

While the shots may have cause some/all of my disability problems, I have not had the flu or a cold since I separated in 1994. Not one. Not even sniffles.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I remember it as a big stink with some refusing it and jeopardizing their careers over it during Gulf War I (IIRC). I am 99.9% sure it was in the basic group of shots in 1990/1991 for those going through basic (not that soldiers in basic were the ones that refused :): ).

I still think that experimental shot was the cause of the so-called "Gulf War Syndrome."

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I still think that experimental shot was the cause of the so-called "Gulf War Syndrome."

I know some people do, and it might be. I know many people personally who got it to no noticeable effect, but the sample is only like 4 people so it is beyond statistically useless. Who knows, maybe it will help in the next Anthrax plague, but otherwise it is just a funny line on a vaccination card.

As for:

I can honestly say that during my time in service I cannot count the number of needle sticks I received (Anthrax, Yel Fev, Deng, Fev, Flu,....)

I had never before, or have been as healthy as I was during those years.

Although, it could have had something to do with Top's 12 miler's on Friday mornings followed by alchohol infusions on the weekends.

I would assume to that you were not given time or permission to be sick.
    :):

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I hated the mandatory vaccinations. When was the last time the plague shot was needed?
    And the flu shots? I used to get sick every year, and no, I'm not allergic to eggs or chickens. And of course when I got sick shortly after my wife and kids got sick.
    I was discharged 15 years ago, haven't had a flu shot since. I won't say that I don't ever get the flu, but I don't get sick every freaking year like I used to, either.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I remember reading somewhere that the vaccine had some traces of mercury in it. Can anyone confirm this?

If so, why in the world would they put mercury into something when they say mercury is bad for you? Isn't that the same with some of the other vaccines that are now being attributed to autism?

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Aww, look who came to bash! Sorry, no, I heard this from two active duty service members. Thanks for playing though. You still have won an all expenses paid vacation to your local Flu Shot clinic to take the H1N1 Vaccine shot! Take comfort in knowing you're more likely to get the H1N1 and will have other GREAT side effects!

Oh, and go ahead and take the H1N1. I'll take great pleasure in laughing at you. :D
    ok little boy, i'll play. my post was about the way YOU have to call anyone who differs with you a liar. It has to be that your sources are impeccable and the other is wrong, despite the fact that in the past you have been shown the error of your ways several times. When you reach puberty and gain a few years of life experience you will see that having to be right ALL the time more often than not just shows your ignorance and immaturity.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    ok little boy, i'll play. my post was about the way YOU have to call anyone who differs with you a liar. It has to be that your sources are impeccable and the other is wrong, despite the fact that in the past you have been shown the error of your ways several times. When you reach puberty and gain a few years of life experience you will see that having to be right ALL the time more often than not just shows your ignorance and immaturity.

Hey, when you get proved wrong this time, I won't tell you I told you so.

Oh, and I think they've just shown examples of many times when the military has mixed shots together. Go run along little boy. Your ignorance doesn't phase me. I love you anyway! :D

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    My ignorance shouldn't phase you SE. Ignorance just means you don't know something, shouting what you don't know as fact isn't ignorance..it is stupidity. As yet I have never called you a liar, just questioned why you feel so defensive about someone who might have the temerity to doubt your sources. "I heard this from two active duty service members" isn't really a source to cite is it? You have several military members on this page telling you they stood in line and got shots and never new what they had in them...but your two know exactly what was given to them..ok, I'll buy it...but once again you are missing the point, someone disagreed with you and you screamed LIAR...that junior is the point.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My ignorance shouldn't phase you SE. Ignorance just means you don't know something, shouting what you don't know as fact isn't ignorance..it is stupidity. As yet I have never called you a liar, just questioned why you feel so defensive about someone who might have the temerity to doubt your sources. "I heard this from two active duty service members" isn't really a source to cite is it? You have several military members on this page telling you they stood in line and got shots and never new what they had in them...but your two know exactly what was given to them..ok, I'll buy it...but once again you are missing the point, someone disagreed with you and you screamed LIAR...that junior is the point.

You never called me a liar? Ok, re-read your own words as if I said them to you...

It has to be that your sources are impeccable and the other is wrong, despite the fact that in the past you have been shown the error of your ways several times.

So your not saying that's calling someone a liar? Please.

When you reach puberty and gain a few years of life experience you will see that having to be right ALL the time more often than not just shows your ignorance and immaturity.

And then you go off an insult me and expect it to pass. Well I'm sorry, but you don't insult a man and expect them to let it pass. Some will, but not me. You called me out and I responded. Pull your panties out of your crack.

You don't have to believe what I was told. Find out the hard way. I don't really care. I'm not the one being force to take shot after shot without knowing what's in it. I'm just trying to warn those that do. If you don't think the military hasn't lied to it's soldiers you REALLY need to go restudy history.

Top Bottom