1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Military to get mandatory swine flu shots soon
    Sep 29 05:52 PM US/Eastern
    By LOLITA C. BALDOR
    Associated Press Writer

ap.gif

WASHINGTON (AP) - U.S. military troops will begin getting required swine flu shots in the next week to 10 days, with active duty forces deploying to war zones and other critical areas going to the front of the vaccine line, a top military commander said Tuesday. Air Force Gen. Gene Renuart also told The Associated Press that as many as 400 troops are ready to go to five regional headquarters around the country to assist federal health and emergency management officials if needed as the flu season heats up.
    The Pentagon has bought 2.7 million vaccines, and 1.4 million of those will go to active duty military. National Guard troops on active duty are also required to receive the vaccine, as are civilian Defense Department employees who are in critical jobs.

As a result, the military is expected to provide health officials with an early assessment of the vaccine.
    "Because I can compel people to get the shots, larger numbers will have the vaccine," said Renuart, commander of U.S. Northern Command. "They will, as a percentage of the population, be vaccinated more rapidly than many of us. So we may see some objective results, good or not, of the vaccinations.

the rest of the story here: Military to get mandatory swine flu shots soon

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    They did the same thing to us during the first swine flu epidemic back in the late 70's.

Set up clinics and herded us all in for shots.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ummm.... Hate to break it to you, but if you're active duty and they gave you a regular flu shot, you got the H1N1 Vaccine. It was a cocktail.

Oh, and you might not want to ask what else is in it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've heard about these mandatory shots they give you and it sounds like horsecr@p!

My friend told me that in Marines boot camp a couple years ago they gave him a shot that screwed up his urine flow, like he lost some control of when it started and stopped.

Government lab-rats...

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Just read this morning that up in British Columbia they are stopping giving shots since people were twice as likely to get H1N1 after getting the flu shot. I'll have to search for the news page when I get more time.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Just read this morning that up in British Columbia they are stopping giving shots since people were twice as likely to get H1N1 after getting the flu shot. I'll have to search for the news page when I get more time.
    This

Province may suspend flu shots after vaccine's safety questioned

And or this....

The "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT!" Campaign

On topic....It's crap they are putting this on the soldiers...you know, the ones who are fighting like crazy for our rights/freedom.
    I personally think they should test such drugs on politicians!!!!

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Ummm.... Hate to break it to you, but if you're active duty and they gave you a regular flu shot, you got the H1N1 Vaccine. It was a cocktail.

Oh, and you might not want to ask what else is in it.

Sorry to burst your bubble SE, but it was just the plain ol' influenza shot. No cocktail of shots. Sometimes you really should not believe everything that you read... ;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sorry to burst your bubble SE, but it was just the plain ol' influenza shot. No cocktail of shots. Sometimes you really should not believe everything that you read... ;)

Didn't read it. Came straight from the source. Oh, and it's not tin foil hat friends either.

Maybe not everyone got the cocktail. Or maybe they lied to you. Or both.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009

Correct!

We in the military get tons of shots. Some even get the special secret squirrel shots that we are hiding from the civilian population.:drill:

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    I got stuck with the Anthrax and Smallpox vaccines when we knew we were going into the Persian Gulf a couple of years back.

I was young and really didnt think twice about it at the time. It was just another in a long line of shots I had received since boot camp.

I will say that looking back, at least the vaccines I mentioned were fairly well tested and had been in use for years and years. I dont think they have done the testing yet on the new swine flu vaccines that would allow me to feel safe getting stuck with it.

Interestingly enough, it was the militarys of the world (especially America's) that kicked off the worldwide spread of the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1919. From what I've read, the strain started off in the states, got into our doughboy population, and rode on those trans-atlantic voyages to Europe, festered and followed our boys into every village and town that our Army did. When our troops mingled with the local populace as well as other armies, we spread the flu to them.

Top Bottom