• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    While I do in all honesty respect where you are coming from, I find it highly unlikely that the federal government will start dragging people out of their homes and ordering their execution when I wake up tomorrow. There were precursors to the Holocaust, and if you are concerned about an event like that happening again, you should probably look into them. Whats the old saying "History repeats itself".

One of the most powerful "weapons" of totalitarian regimes is simple disbelief that "this can't be happening" and "they can't do that."

The "precursors" are only obvious in hindsight. Some people sounded warnings. Most people ignored them. Kind of like now.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    One of the most powerful "weapons" of totalitarian regimes is simple disbelief that "this can't be happening" and "they can't do that."

The "precursors" are only obvious in hindsight. Some people sounded warnings. Most people ignored them. Kind of like now.

:+1: and repd.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    While I do in all honesty respect where you are coming from, I find it highly unlikely that the federal government will start dragging people out of their homes and ordering their execution when I wake up tomorrow. There were precursors to the Holocaust, and if you are concerned about an event like that happening again, you should probably look into them. Whats the old saying "History repeats itself".
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._2nd_amendment/13686-who_am_i.html#post158166

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Please tell me you are in no way shape or form trying to compare Barack Obama to Adolph Hitler. Second, when congress hands over total power to the president, then I may be worried. Please, do not compare anything that is going on in the United States to the Holocaust, IMO it is an insult to the survivors and those who died during those times.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Martial law or anything close to it doesn't have to progress to dragging people out of their homes and killing them to ruin what is left of our lives.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Martial law or anything close to it doesn't have to progress to dragging people out of their homes and killing them to ruin what is left of our lives.

I never said it did, but martial law and holocaust are 2 way different things. And if you read my post, I am in no way in favor of using the military as a police force.

archer2500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The military has THOUSANDS of square miles to train in the US. There is NO reason they need to be training in US cities.

I take that back, there is a reason; to make us complacent with seeing our military running around on US streets, violating Posse Comitatus.

I'm a veteran, so I truly support our troops, but I am totally appalled by this.

Actually there is every reason to train in US cities, Ive done is numerous times myself. Every Marine Corps MAGTF that deploys must complete urban combat training prior to deployment, its a fact of todays world that our Marines need to be skilled in urban combat, and a training facility on base is a great skill set builder, but at the end of the day nothing else compares with operating in and over a large metropolitan city.

A spin off of this skill set is being able to just snap to and conduct SAR missions such as the ones we did after Katrina, I myself participated in relief ops in NC after fran and bertha hit in 99.

But also, there are numerous scenarios where an excuse could be used as a catalyst for a deployment.

3mustg Im sorry, but I completely disagree with you, and I think that we as a nation/society need to realize that there is a possibility. The moment we blindly run about saying it will never happen....we might as well go back to believing the "duck and cover" public service announcements.

Actions such as these have ALREADY happened, within the last decade! Waco, and Ruby Ridge are some excellent examples. Not to say that the branch dividians were not potentially dangerous BUT it is irresponsible to just sit back and say, "that would never happen in America" you cant sit idly by and believe something will or will not happen. Action ensures our freedom's are preserved and action/dilligence ensures they are maintained.
    Right now dillegence is vastly lacking and complacency has ruled for the last few decades and the wrong action has been stealthily encroaching upon the bedrock principles of this Republic.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Actually there is every reason to train in US cities, Ive done is numerous times myself. Every Marine Corps MAGTF that deploys must complete urban combat training prior to deployment, its a fact of todays world that our Marines need to be skilled in urban combat, and a training facility on base is a great skill set builder, but at the end of the day nothing else compares with operating in and over a large metropolitan city.

A spin off of this skill set is being able to just snap to and conduct SAR missions such as the ones we did after Katrina, I myself participated in relief ops in NC after fran and bertha hit in 99.

But also, there are numerous scenarios where an excuse could be used as a catalyst for a deployment.

3mustg Im sorry, but I completely disagree with you, and I think that we as a nation/society need to realize that there is a possibility. The moment we blindly run about saying it will never happen....we might as well go back to believing the "duck and cover" public service announcements.

Actions such as these have ALREADY happened, within the last decade! Waco, and Ruby Ridge are some excellent examples. Not to say that the branch dividians were not potentially dangerous BUT it is irresponsible to just sit back and say, "that would never happen in America" you cant sit idly by and believe something will or will not happen. Action ensures our freedom's are preserved and action/dilligence ensures they are maintained.
    Right now dillegence is vastly lacking and complacency has ruled for the last few decades and the wrong action has been stealthily encroaching upon the bedrock principles of this Republic.

I said I find it highly unlikely that something like this will happen, which I do. Aliens could land tomorrow and take over the world, it could happen, but I find it highly unlikely. We could all be killed from a major asteroid impact tomorrow too, it could happen, but I find it highly unlikely. Our sun could go supernova tomorrow, it could happen, but I find it highly unlikely.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    That's fine. Aliens could land tomorrow. You hold on to what you believe.

I see things that my 44 years on this earth tell me we are all headed in a very bad direction, and quick. I carried a rifle for my country, I went to college and I spent several years thus far running a business and creating wealth for me and the people that work for me.

10+ trillion in debt and printing/spending money in a way that would make any drunken sailor blush. Hyper inflation on the way that would make even Jimmy Carter take note.

That's fine. You keep on thinking that it will take an asteroid impact tomorrow to end us.

Unlikely? As you wait for the Supernova, I'll watch.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Please tell me you are in no way shape or form trying to compare Barack Obama to Adolph Hitler. Second, when congress hands over total power to the president, then I may be worried. Please, do not compare anything that is going on in the United States to the Holocaust, IMO it is an insult to the survivors and those who died during those times.

If Congress hands over total power to the President it will be too late.

If this is the kind of thing you mean by a "precursor" then you've got to rethink your terms.

The "comparison" are an attempt to avoid going down that path. Yeah, the Holocaust was bad. That's a reason to sound warnings about dangerous directions in which the country is going, not to ignore them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Lets think about something away from the holocaust-LIKE scenario.

First, Obama has two wars which are serious threats to anything he could possibly want to do to us. He can't just pull out of either war at a moments notice without ruining whatever credibility he has in the world. And trust me, the world is messing their pants over this guy. On the other hand, if he pulls out of Iraq, the terrorists seize the opportunity to take the Country, they get bold, he "allows" a small inciedent to happen here at home, declares martial law in "fear" of more attacks, disarms the populace, he rules the Country with an "Iron Fist". Not likely, but very possible.

Second thing is the economy. He's got a lot to face and millions screaming change. Money is tight so disarming the public with force is pretty much out of the question. But that's not to say he and Congress can't try, or won't try, to disarm us over a series of years and bad bills. Granted he must find solutions to the economic problem but he also has time to do many things at once.

People, if you don't believe that martial law isn't a possibility, think long and hard what another "terrorist" attack on this Country would mean. Small or big, the fear of other cells will be on everyone's mind giving BHO every excuse he needs to declare martial law and anyone who resists a terrorist.

We may not be able to stop a terrorist attack, but we can stop our Government from declaring martial law.

As necessity creates the rule, so it limits its duration; for, if this government is continued after the courts are reinstated, it is a gross usurpation of power. Martial rule can never exist where the courts are open, and in the proper and unobstructed exercise of their jurisdiction. It is also confined to the locality of actual war.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Money is tight so disarming the public with force is pretty much out of the question.

Consider that between Congress, the Treasury and the FED the Federal government has spent or assumed over 8.5 TRILLION dollars of debt (can't call it spent it because we don't have it to spend) in less than six months. Link

NEVER say money is tight. They can, will and DO spend (borrow) whatever they want, when they want to.

Also, if money is that tight, people will be lining up to join the gun tasks force to get a paycheck so they can put food on the table.

A collapsed economy and high unemployment will cause many sheeple to run into the arms of government employment or soup lines. They'll have all the "force" they need.

Would they do? Who knows, but money wouldn't be what would keep them from doing it. They can always borrow/print more.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    good point and thanks for the "put in check" post! LOL

Either way, it's still up in the air with what this government does next. Regardless I'm fearful for whatever they might do and preparing best I can for stupidity that will surely follow.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    That's fine. Aliens could land tomorrow. You hold on to what you believe.

I see things that my 44 years on this earth tell me we are all headed in a very bad direction, and quick. I carried a rifle for my country, I went to college and I spent several years thus far running a business and creating wealth for me and the people that work for me.

10+ trillion in debt and printing/spending money in a way that would make any drunken sailor blush. Hyper inflation on the way that would make even Jimmy Carter take note.

That's fine. You keep on thinking that it will take an asteroid impact tomorrow to end us.

Unlikely? As you wait for the Supernova, I'll watch.

So you obviously you criticize me,

But I will be waiting for my supernova, you keep waiting for the feds to go block by block and place a death sentence on AMERICANS without due process.

Hmm, you know I think I may even go buy some sunglasses tomorrow.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    If Congress hands over total power to the President it will be too late.

If this is the kind of thing you mean by a "precursor" then you've got to rethink your terms.

The "comparison" are an attempt to avoid going down that path. Yeah, the Holocaust was bad. That's a reason to sound warnings about dangerous directions in which the country is going, not to ignore them.

Precursor IMO:

A poverty stricken country in a state of complete economic destruction
    A charismatic leader from a NON CONVENTIONAL party
    A mindless following of this leader
    A blaming/hatred from the leader to a particular segment of society
    The dismissal of that segment of society from any of its societal roles by the leader
    Formation of an unregulated police force
    Dissolution of Trade w/other countries
    Withdrawl from the UN
    Disbanding of all other political parties
    Finally Congress hands over complete and utter control of the country to 1 man/woman

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I do agree with certain points above, like economic collapse. I think this is a real danger we are facing. Who knows what could potentially happen in a time like that, we can only speculate.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Precursor IMO:

A poverty stricken country in a state of complete
    economic destruction

Working hard on it.

A charismatic leader from a NON CONVENTIONAL party
    You make too much of the specifics of the party. Charismatic leader is sufficient so Check

A mindless following of this leader
    Check.

A blaming/hatred from the leader to a particular segment of society
    Check

The dismissal of that segment of society from any of its societal roles by the leader
    Working on it

Formation of an unregulated police force
    "We need a civilian national security force, just as strong, just as powerful, and just as well funded [as the US military," so working on it.

Dissolution of Trade w/other countries
    You'll have to explain how that's a significant factor.

Withdrawl from the UN
    Exactly backward. The UN kleptocracy is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Disbanding of all other political parties
    Amnestying 12 million illegal aliens could serve the function here--create 12 million more democrat voters by fiat pretty much ensuring that any alternate party was completely impotent. More subtle than ourtright "disbanding" but just as effective.

Finally Congress hands over complete and utter control of the country to 1 man/woman
    The only question is whether it's Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, or Harry Reid. (Note the forms followed for public consumption don't matter much, nor does the "absolute power" have to be in the hands of the President.)

Seems to me that we're making some pretty scary moves down that road, enough to warrant warnings about the danger of continuing down it.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Working hard on it.

You make too much of the specifics of the party. Charismatic leader is sufficient so Check

Check.

Check

Working on it

"We need a civilian national security force, just as strong, just as powerful, and just as well funded [as the US military," so working on it.

You'll have to explain how that's a significant factor.

Exactly backward. The UN kleptocracy is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Amnestying 12 million illegal aliens could serve the function here--create 12 million more democrat voters by fiat pretty much ensuring that any alternate party was completely impotent. More subtle than ourtright "disbanding" but just as effective.

The only question is whether it's Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, or Harry Reid. (Note the forms followed for public consumption don't matter much, nor does the "absolute power" have to be in the hands of the President.)

Seems to me that we're making some pretty scary moves down that road, enough to warrant warnings about the danger of continuing down it.

Those are basically Hitlers steps (summed up) in rise to power. While you interpret us as working on some of those, I disagree. While there is some mindless following of barack, there are PLENTY of people out there that question him. Hence our conversations right now. What group of society has he publicly denounced? What group of society has he disbanded? What political parties has he disbanded? How would legalizing 12 million illegal aliens(which I assume you are speaking of Mexicans) gurantee him 12 million more democrats?

Top Bottom