• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Then you better give up shopping everywhere and get your butt off your communist built computer and modem. Get rid of your "American" car, too. Loads of commie stuff in there. I'll trust Walmart to do what they say they're going to, because all eyes will be on them and they actually do a lot of good in this country. Not that many people can see past their nose to that.

FTW

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I do not shop at Wal Mart because half of the time I tend to have a bad experience. I don't do much shopping, my wife does all of that but when I do have to get something I choose smaller local stores or meijer or Kroger if I can.

To those of you that think Wal Mart price gouges and doesn't give fair pricing...
    They are the largest company in America in terms of Revenue but are not the largest for profit, they actually are 25billion below Apple (Who is 6th) and within 3 Billion of GE (Who is 8th largest) Wal Mart has a model of buy large quanities at a low price and then resell at the lowest price. This model I am fine with it is the service I receive while in the store I don't like.

However it is nice to see our largest company put some more money back into america. Maybe they could instead give a percentage of each line in the store to american products. 15% of all clothes american made, 50% of all furniture american made, 5% of all electronics american made and so on and so forth.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I see this as a good thing. I like seeing more products made in America.

As the point was made a few different times over the course of previous pages, Walmart pays market wages, not unfairly low wages. There are also opportunities to move up the ladder at Walmart if you exercise initiative. If you do your job, you may keep your job, but if you do more than your job without demanding compensation RIGHT NOW, you are far more likely to work yourself into a better job with better pay and more responsibility. Some call it brown-nosing, I call it intelligent.

Now, personally, I don't shop at Walmart all that much. It's not a philosophical thing. I usually go to the smallest store I can to get what I need. I'll pay a quarter or a dollar to not have to negotiate a huge store to get a few items. My wife shops there, but if she sends me out to pick up a few grocery items, you'll find me at Al's in South Haven.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    WM is in the making money business. if THEIR CUSTOMERS buy enough of the U.S. made products and they can make money of them, they will sell. they do carry plenty of U.S. made products right now.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What reason would anyone have to send hate mail for saying they're going to sell American goods? I fully support this initiative.

Because they do not want big corporations. Especially corporations that are not under union control. They would rather have lots of small businesses that could be bullied into being what ever the left wants as they would be too small to fight back. Everyone would be powerless, everyone divided and under fire so that the left is the only one with power.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    My wife & I will NOT shop at WM if at all possible. I think I have been there twice in the last 10 years. My wife is from Shelbyville, where WM pretty much decimated all the little mom+pop stores. There is now nowhere else to go to buy the commodity stuff WM has anymore there.

The problem I have with WM is that those products you *think* are the same for less are not the same. WM has pressured many mfgrs to design lower quality/price products exclusively form them. They may look the same but do not last as long as the non-walmart sourced items and you see this by little part/model number differences.

I will always attempt to buy from a local store and when possible USA made products even at slightly greater expense to keep them in business. I just don't see the logic in saving 49 cents on an item that costs at least 10's of dollars to begin with. I shop by VALUE, not price (ok, so many USA made products are terrible values - see the US auto mfgrs. My last Acura (Honda) car lasted me 16 years before it began to fall apart, none of my GM cars ever went that long without needing major repairs).

Would you rather buy two $100 dollar products over 5 years or one $150 product that lasts a decade or more?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife & I will NOT shop at WM if at all possible. I think I have been there twice in the last 10 years. My wife is from Shelbyville, where WM pretty much decimated all the little mom+pop stores. There is now nowhere else to go to buy the commodity stuff WM has anymore there.

The problem I have with WM is that those products you *think* are the same for less are not the same. WM has pressured many mfgrs to design lower quality/price products exclusively form them. They may look the same but do not last as long as the non-walmart sourced items and you see this by little part/model number differences.

I will always attempt to buy from a local store and when possible USA made products even at slightly greater expense to keep them in business. I just don't see the logic in saving 49 cents on an item that costs at least 10's of dollars to begin with. I shop by VALUE, not price (ok, so many USA made products are terrible values - see the US auto mfgrs. My last Acura (Honda) car lasted me 16 years before it began to fall apart, none of my GM cars ever went that long without needing major repairs).

Would you rather buy two $100 dollar products over 5 years or one $150 product that lasts a decade or more?

Nice union line. Sorry but even American made will not have workers. We no longer need uneducated blue collar workers. Easier to automate a factory. Even the skilled trades are now requiring more and more education up to the associates level.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If you want the unions left put of a Walmart debate, they should stop actively campaigning against the company.

Take a look at these "grass roots" web sights.

About Us - ForRespect

Making Change at Walmart

While I can see where some might take that as ALL unions are against Wal-Mart because of these websites, what I see when reading them is a list of unreasonable demands from uneducated people. Some of what I saw there would be like a private in the army knocking on the generals front door to complain about the food in the mess hall.

The thing that most people fail to realize, Union does not automatically associate that one group with any other group of unionized workers. Some unions are laughable in their demands, while others have an understanding that they have a vested interest in the profitability in the companies they are associated with. All unions have good and bad sides, but then, I think just about any organization could fall into that category, union or not.

Im pretty sure that everyone here is familiar with the NRA, and for the most part believe in what they work toward in their lobbying efforts. Keeping that in mind, I can also promise you that any one of us that does our research will find something that we do not agree with them on, or think that they are being unfair to one group or another.

The biggest think that I see wrong with the Wal-Mart unionization, the workers that are complaining are asking for wages, benefits and treatment that is above and beyond anything that Wal-Marts competitors are doing for their employees. If they actually achieve their goals, it would very likely drive Wal-Mart out of business, and them out of a job.

Americans have lost sight of the "work" part of the American dream. As a kid growing up, I was always told, if you dont like something, work to change it. Standing in the same spot and crying about it never solved anything. If they are unhappy in the position that they find themselves in, they are free to go elsewhere, and improve their station in life. If they don't want to work to achieve anything, shut up, fall back into line, and do their job. If a company is that bad, and employees are unfairly treated and paid, eventually they will go under because nobody will work for them.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Walmart is to blame for none of this. They can't purchase American-made products that don't exist.

We need to properly place 100% of the blame on government interference.

• OSHA
    • Legislative support for Unions
    • FDA
    • Outrageous taxes
    • EPA

The list goes on and on.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Walmart is to blame for none of this. They can't purchase American-made products that don't exist.

• OSHA
    • FDA
    • Outrageous taxes
    • EPA

The list goes on and on.

I can get on board with this.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

• OSHA
    • FDA
    • Outrageous taxes
    • EPA

The list goes on and on.
    Yup. And this is what will cool off the Chinese. Export liberalism and higher wages (it's already begun). Once they reach a level point with the West, Chinese goods will not be as attractive.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Nice union line. Sorry but even American made will not have workers. We no longer need uneducated blue collar workers. Easier to automate a factory. Even the skilled trades are now requiring more and more education up to the associates level.

UNION line? Neither I nor my wife or our families have any union members. I fact I am against unions in their current form (see mandatory union dues & PAC contributions).

I was brought up lower-middle class and even though my parents couldn't afford many things, they always bought us kids quality clothing, toys, etc. because they knew in the long run, spending a little more up front saved more.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Yup. And this is what will cool off the Chinese. Export liberalism and higher wages (it's already begun). Once they reach a level point with the West, Chinese goods will not be as attractive.

Once that happens, we're gonna start seeing inflation in our durable goods as well. That's going to be bad times.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Once that happens, we're gonna start seeing inflation in our durable goods as well. That's going to be bad times.

Once we reach the point, if ever, that China reaches our level the goods will just be produced somewhere else. A lot of manufacturing is already leaving China for cheaper places like Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar. When SE Asia is developed to our level, which will take a VERY long time, production will move to other places like Africa.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

• OSHA
    • FDA
    • Outrageous taxes
    • EPA

The list goes on and on.

Crap! Now I'm having to agree with this guy, too! What is this thread coming to?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

More like that the Chinese have exported their communist wages. Ever noticed that the communists have lower wages, no social security (parents are cared for by their children, maybe a modest pension) and extremely poor environmental standards (high pollution)?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    WM certainly can't expect much external help in this process. The union hacks are blinded with rage that Wal Mart, as a non-union company, doesn't participate in the time-honored American tradition of generating political "protection money" (dues) to the unions to prop them up. So since Wal Mart doesn't "pay to play"...they can expect to be attacked no matter what.

This may be a learning experience for Mike Rowe, as well. He laments the lack of respect for blue collar jobs. Once he goes a few rounds with the people who gave "blue collar" a bad name in the first place (the unions)...he may come to have a deeper understanding where some of this lack of respect originated, in the minds of many Americans.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom