• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I had a great time! Thanks Sadclownwp! Stake N Shake hit the spot. I should have bought one of those ARs in back. I just wasn't ready to pull the trigger...

I hope we do this again.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    WOW what a great event. Thank you Blythes. Yes it was me that won the door prize a one year membership to the range. I hope I did not make t_star jealous by giving darkkevin a hug and kiss on the cheek. Thanks for picking my card. I will get that box of ammo to you soon :D Melensdad that Detonics is by far the best .45 that I have ever shot. I could have put a hundred rounds throw it. Even the wife like it. I am really kicking my self for not buying one of those 10/22. That would have been a great Xmas present for my son. It's hard to come across one of those deals. Thanks to KLB and Sadclown I will be selling off the Glocks :( and going to the M&P to make the wife :) She has decided to leave the kahr pm9 and go to the M&P9c. There was a lot of new face. I wish we had name tags so we could put faces with screen names. I hope the new faces make it out to the NWI INGO meet & shoots in Winamac Indiana. Thanks again Blythes for putting this on.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    gunbunnies said:
    Melensdad, that Detonics is really nice, and if 45 acp ever goes back down I know that if I want to add a double stack 1911A1 design that is the sh**... on a Gunbunnies prop note... ya we are gonna have to setup a shot with the whole 1911A1 thing going and use your Detonics as the centerpiece, with the model of course...

I'm sure we can make arrangements for the new Detonics (and a couple other Detonics models if you need them) to show up at a photo shoot.

Anything to spread to the word that 1911 pistols are still the most awesome guns on the planet, even after 100 years of world domination, they still can get around :fogey:

. . . I will get that box of ammo to you soon :D Melensdad that Detonics is by far the best .45 that I have ever shot. I could have put a hundred rounds throw it. Even the wife like it. . .

No need. I brought the ammo to share. Just show up at the Open Carry Night in November and we'll call it even. :yesway:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Thanks IN_Sheepdog for the card.
    Didn't mean to interrupt the shooting.
    That was a nice carbine. I think you said it was a Kahr??

No, I think you are referring to the keltec sub2000 that folds in half. What really makes it 'work' is the red lion foreend that allows the rotation of the optics etc out of the way. That, and replacing the front POS sights with the metal style from Red Lion. It's a fun gun to shoot. I'll have to bring it to the next meet and shoot.

Pinkfather was going to shoot it.... until he found out it used .40 cal Glock Magazines. This, can NOT be allowed to come in contact with the king of PInk.
    Kind of like garlic, sunlight, or a crucifix with Dracula!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks to all for coming out, you guys made it a very enjoyable night.

Gratz to Lone on winning the free year range pass.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Pinkfather was going to shoot it.... until he found out it used .40 cal Glock Magazines. This, can NOT be allowed to come in contact with the king of PInk.

Rumor has it that lonehoosier is making up a special sign for Jedi's car. It says GLOCK LOVER. But instead of sticking it on with adhesive its really just a stencil and is simply painted on :):

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No, I think you are referring to the keltec sub2000 that folds in half. What really makes it 'work' is the red lion foreend that allows the rotation of the optics etc out of the way. That, and replacing the front POS sights with the metal style from Red Lion. It's a fun gun to shoot. I'll have to bring it to the next meet and shoot.

[STRIKE]Pinkfather[/STRIKE] Jedi was going to shoot it.... until he found out it used .40 cal Glock Magazines. This, can NOT be allowed to come in contact with the king of PInk.

FTFY

Da PinkFather has no issues with GLOCKs and or Apple Products. He understand that they are just as good tools as a 1911 and Android based products.

Jedi on the other hand (whom IN_Sheepdog talked to when he gave him the KEL-TECH with NO GLOCK magainze is afraid of all things GLOCK and Apple Based. He won't touch them and if he does screams and :runaway: like a little girl!

A big THANK YOU to Blythes and who ever else was involved organizing this event! My wife and I had a fun time.

Dan & Paula T

Make sure you sign up with the NWI INGO social group (see the link in my sig) to get updates on the next events.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks to all on behalf of the new members, this was my first event and I brought my wife, brother, his wife and another friend-all new to the club. Extra thanks to the bylthe's employee that showed me the proper way to grip my m&p, it tightened up my pattern considerably during the 250 round break in of my new purchase

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks to all on behalf of the new members, this was my first event and I brought my wife, brother, his wife and another friend . . .
    Speaking for some of the 'old timers' here I can tell you its always good to have new people join in. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Honestly I think about 1/3 of the people attending this event were new faces!!! Or so it seemed.

The beauty of the group is that we each bring a different perspective to the group. Some are 'tactical' type guys. Some are, or were, competition shooters. Some came in to gun ownership through hunting, others via collecting, and many from the personal/self-defense perspective. We each can contribute in some way, and even people brand new to both guns and the group can provide a unique perspective that can open the eyes of the most experienced shooters.

Come out to as many events as you can, be they social events or shooting events. I listed 3 upcoming events earlier in the thread. But don't forget about the NWI INGO GENERAL THREAD. Its often about silly stuff, but there are some serious discussions about upcoming events, planning for informal meet ups and get togethers with other group members, sale announcements for ammo and supplies at local shops, etc.

LINK TO NWI INGO THREAD => https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/234752-nwi_ingo_general_post_part_3_a.html

goneshooting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    gunbunnies, sorry I left range early , ran out of ammo for MG went to go buy some more, then ended up buying a scope . Thanks melensdad for the targets. Had a good time, name tags would have been nice. Will try and make more events.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom