• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Looking more likely for me to attend this shoot.

Probably only going to bring 1 gun. I want to give the Detonics a good workout.

1-26.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh yeah.
    Giving a wallet to a woman with a gun that I'm NOT involved with,
    With an armed Dark Kevin.....

That can't possibly be a Dr. Phil episode.
    :)

Hey at least you won't end up on the Maury show.
    The DNA test says you ........ the father! :D

1-26.jpg

Make sure you bring lots of ammo cause I'm using yours and clifs guns and ammo. :laugh:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

1-26.jpg

yes bring it, I have a 1911 at the store that has never seen such a fine piece of machinery. You should bring your other one, not to shoot, just to be marveled at and drooled over.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    S&W M&P has no safety.
    2 members have .40s, and one a 9.

I will likely have my .40 M&P there if she wants to try it out... PM me back though as I will have to remember the smaller backstraps... I have ..... hmmm large Meaty hands... Will also likely have my EDC Walther PPS which I think is a nice shooting nine MM...

Actually I have been thinking about the S&W Shield for Mrs. Sheepdog (if you can find one) .... At least that is what I have been telling her, is that it is for her... :)

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I will likely have my .40 M&P there if she wants to try it out... PM me back though as I will have to remember the smaller backstraps... I have ..... hmmm large Meaty hands... Will also likely have my EDC Walther PPS which I think is a nice shooting nine MM...

Actually I have been thinking about the S&W Shield for Mrs. Sheepdog (if you can find one) .... At least that is what I have been telling her, is that it is for her... :)

I'll have my M&P9 and my M&P40 with the 9mm conversion kit there. We also have a Shield for rent at Blythes so she can try it out.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Make sure you bring lots of ammo cause I'm using yours and clifs guns and ammo. :laugh:

I'll bring what I have but I'm pretty low on 45. You might have to use some of your own.

One thing I know about his gun, it does NOT like weak reloads. Its got a triple recoil spring set up for full power premium ammo and runs flawlessly with full power loads but will hiccup with lighter loads because they can't cycle the springs.

OH, AND ONE MORE THING . . . absolutely NO ALUMINUM CASE BLASER rounds. The aluminum cased rounds don't have enough power and this gun has a very tight chamber and aluminum case ammo will jam this gun up fast! Found that out the hard way.

Last edited:

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI

I'll have my 40c there. My extra backstraps are in my range bag, so no worries if you forget yours.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll bring what I have but I'm pretty low on 45. You might have to use some of your own.

One thing I know about his gun, it does NOT like weak reloads. Its got a triple recoil spring set up for full power premium ammo and runs flawlessly with full power loads but will hiccup with lighter loads because they can't cycle the springs.

OH, AND ONE MORE THING . . . absolutely NO ALUMINUM CASE BLASER rounds. The aluminum cased rounds don't have enough power and this gun has a very tight chamber and aluminum case ammo will jam this gun up fast! Found that out the hard way.

So bring light reloaded in aluminum cases. Got it! ;)

At this point it looks like "indy" sister is going to bail. :rolleyes: She BTW now works in downtown Chicago and has something else to do on SAT. :n00b:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

Guaranteed to shoot perfectly ONCE.

The BLASER stuff barely pushes back the slide, same with weak/light target reloads. You get it to fire, but not to properly cycle.

Its not a flaw, per se, but rather the reality of a TRIPLE wound captured recoil spring system is simply optimized for FULL POWER loads. I have lighter weight spring sets, but I've never bothered to swap them into this gun. I just shoot full power loads and don't much worry about it.

If anyone wants to shoot it they are welcome to do so, but if they try to use light reloads, etc they will not have much luck.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

At this point it looks like "indy" sister is going to bail. :rolleyes: She BTW now works in downtown Chicago and has something else to do on SAT. :n00b:

Why don't you bring the wife or we not good enough for her :D

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well you can all thank melensdad for informing me about this shoot. I might just meander over to Porter county and stop by.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom