• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I just saw this dashcam footage this morning. These police officers were very well trained to make it through that hail of fire alive and take the suspect down. I am angry that crazy people keep making a stronger case for the AWB in the eyes of the left.

For every one crazy bastard that decides to go down in a blaze of glory there are hundreds of thousands of lawful citizens with similar arms who must face this growing stigma against gun ownership thanks to the nutjobs. Quite frankly it is whackos like this that give me cause to be armed.

The suspect is killed on camera, but it is not gory.

GRAPHIC VIDEO: Dash cam video shows deadly shootout with Middlefield police during traffic stop
    1st kudos to the officers. I hope they have a complete recovery. As for being getting angry at the thugs and lunatics who abuse firearms because it gives "ammo" to the anti-gun lobby etc, let's be clear about what blame to assign to whom.
    I despise criminals who choose to act like vampires and live off the blood of the rest of us--may they all drop dead and the sooner the better!
    Lunatics? I'm reminded of Patricia Gratia-Hupp saying that she wasn't angry at the lunatic in Lubby's cafe--"that would be like being angry with a rabid dog"--but that she was angry with the legislators who violated her right to self defense.
    That brings me back to the anti-gun lobby and other PC bigots who blame us and our guns for the actions of criminals and lunatics. THEY are to blame for being liars and hypocrites (OK, some of them are what Rush calls "low info voters" who only "know" the lies they've been told--time for outreach and edu.). I'm not going to give them a pass because some thug gives them some anecdotal "proof" for their lies. BTW I bet this thug had a criminal record longer than the NY times, and his rifle was likely stolen. This is probably a call to ENFORCE existing laws rather than to enact more that the DOJ will ignore, unless it's politically useful.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1st kudos to the officers. I hope they have a complete recovery. As for being getting angry at the thugs and lunatics who abuse firearms because it gives "ammo" to the anti-gun lobby etc, let's be clear about what blame to assign to whom.
    I despise criminals who choose to act like vampires and live off the blood of the rest of us--may they all drop dead and the sooner the better!
    Lunatics? I'm reminded of Patricia Gratia-Hupp saying that she wasn't angry at the lunatic in Lubby's cafe--"that would be like being angry with a rabid dog"--but that she was angry with the legislators who violated her right to self defense.
    That brings me back to the anti-gun lobby and other PC bigots who blame us and our guns for the actions of criminals and lunatics. THEY are to blame for being liars and hypocrites (OK, some of them are what Rush calls "low info voters" who only "know" the lies they've been told--time for outreach and edu.). I'm not going to give them a pass because some thug gives them some anecdotal "proof" for their lies. BTW I bet this thug had a criminal record longer than the NY times, and his rifle was likely stolen. This is probably a call to ENFORCE existing laws rather than to enact more that the DOJ will ignore, unless it's politically useful.

Eh, not so much...

Middlefield shooting: The secret life of James Gilkerson | wkyc.com

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Note to self: I know who I am and that I am no threat to an officer, but the officer has no idea who I am or what I might do.

Glad the officers responded so well and prayers for their complete recovery.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

This article was a joke, this is no terrorist. He was an untrained rank amateur loser with visions of grandeur. I love how the word terrorist can be applied to anybody nowadays?? Maybe my standards are different than the articles author but if it will fit in a duffel bag I doubt it is an "arsenal", another media buzzword. And he had 400 rounds of ammo better watch out:rolleyes:

Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    Saw this the other day - makes you sick until you see the guy go down and read that the officers were "ok". No matter the injuries, these officers will never look at traffic stops the same again. Probably why officers I know say there is no routine traffic stop.

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Schererville
    To me, one of the scarier parts, is the fact that these officers KNEW he was hiding something and suspected at the time it might have been a shotgun (if you listen closely before they got out of the car) and yet STILL got out to do their job....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    This article was a joke...

...if it will fit in a duffel bag I doubt it is an "arsenal", another media buzzword. :rolleyes:

Per the modern Libtard "journalist's" official list of firearms Daffy
    daffy-duck-002.gif
    -nitions :nuts::

1 firearm + 2 rounds of ammo (doesn't need to be of the same caliber of the firearm) + a blade of any sort, or a book about guns =

"OMGWTF!!?! THAT NRA-LOVIN' MANIAC HAD A FREAKIN' ARSENAL!!!!"

:rolleyes: :nuts: :bs: :nuts: :rolleyes:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    as I've said before, kinda strange how many of these "incidents" have happened since 2008.

Anyone get the feeling that these two cops might have stopped yet another dude on his way to shoot up a mall/school/theater and he thought they were onto him?

There is a pattern here...

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    as I've said before, kinda strange how many of these "incidents" have happened since 2008.

Anyone get the feeling that these two cops might have stopped yet another dude on his way to shoot up a mall/school/theater and he thought they were onto him?

There is a pattern here...
    I had not thought about it that way, but I think you may be on to something! Glad in this case that he confronted armed LEOs instead of unarmed civilians, and that they were not seriously hurt.

Top Bottom