• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The current implant chips are not nearly complex enough to generate a radio signal that can be tracked, let alone produce GPS data. It is just like a barcode under the skin, it can only produce a number when scanned.

This is true. Whoever is talking about GPS is just plain wrong. GPS devices need a power supply. Just like your phone, your car navigator, etc. They need to be charged every day.

That said, I am wholeheartedly against any implantable device, even if it is just a passive one used for scanning my ID.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Question for everyone. I understand about death before impant for yourself, but what if your child had a disease and they only way to get the medicine was for them to be implanted with a chip. What then?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I think it's funny how folks are saying that it doesn't say anything about tracking or monitoring of the individual. "it's all about the safety of the device"

GPS was originally used by the military to ensure proper navigation, now it's used to monitor the location of criminals and has the ability to determine your location through your cellphone. Let me remind the readers that we're talking about devices that an individual will carry inside their body forever. Today, it might be about the safety and function of the device. 3yrs from now, it might be about using that to pull medical records from a central location electronically. 10yrs from now, it might be used to track that individual. No one can say what it will be used for in the future.

[tinfoilhat]
    What's to stop the .gov from installing rfid scanners in the metal detector you walk through every time to go into a government building, airport, or any of a number of other locations. What do you think makes that damn alarm go off at walmart when the checkout girl forgets to swipe your Xbox game? (edit: this is EAS and not RFID, but you get the idea)
    [/tinfoilhat]

Would any of you agree to a national ID card if full nationwide reciprocity for your Indiana LTCH was included? (please skip posting if your only response revolves around the 2A and "we shouldn't need a license")

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Would any of you agree to a national ID card if full nationwide reciprocity for your Indiana LTCH was included?

I would be very against a National ID card. Its a state function, not a federal one. One more leap forward for the Federal Government. Absolutely not.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Question for everyone. I understand about death before impant for yourself, but what if your child had a disease and they only way to get the medicine was for them to be implanted with a chip. What then?

You hit it on the nail! :yesway:
    YOU (the reader) or anyone in your family need medical services you better have the implant or NO medical services for you or anyone in your family.

So will you leave your 3 year old die becuase that "swine flu" she picked up at school has her at 102 fever for 3 days now?

I'm sure you can find a "back market" doctor to help you out. Off course that is going to cost you and if you are caught it's a Class AA Felonly for failure to use .gov approved health care services. So you can kiss your guns good-bye as well.

:popcorn:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You hit it on the nail! :yesway:
    YOU (the reader) or anyone in your family need medical services you better have the implant or NO medical services for you or anyone in your family.

So will you leave your 3 year old die becuase that "swine flu" she picked up at school has her at 102 fever for 3 days now?

I'm sure you can find a "back market" doctor to help you out. Off course that is going to cost you and if you are caught it's a Class AA Felonly for failure to use .gov approved health care services. So you can kiss your guns good-bye as well.

:popcorn:

If it can be implanted to allow my child to receive care, it can be removed afterwards.

I can find a way to anesthetize the area and I can do it under sterile conditions.

For those who make the statement that the chips do not have GPS capability, you are correct; they do not. Ever ship a package by UPS or FedEx? Ever use the internet to track that package's journey to your doorstep? Those don't necessarily have RFID on them, but they do have a number.

The point is that the implanted device doesn't need to do anything but be scannable. The device doing the reading is what can do the tracking.

Here's the next question: So many of us have said they would die before being chipped.
    Imagine the following:

Your ID has been tied to what was once known as your credit card. It's also been tied to your bank account, and to your employee ID at work, and to your medical records.
    Now of course, there are security features in place such that your work can only deposit your check into, not remove money from, your account, and they cannot access your medical info or gov't info at all. Similarly, your doctor can access your medical records and, similar to today, you can authorize access to your account to pay for your care (if that's still the way things work, as opposed to you simply going in, being seen, and the gov't healthcare system pays for your care.)

Ok, so.. You cannot get care, food, or pay without a chip. You cannot go to work without your ID being verified. If you own your own business, you're already identified, because you couldn't get your business license or tax ID # without your chip, and while anyone can make a deposit, you can only withdraw by scanning your chip. You can't fuel your vehicle without being scanned.

In short, our current way of life is only different in that there's no actual cash exchange, and instead of showing your DL, insurance card, credit/debit card, etc. for what you do, you scan your hand or forehead, as that's the only method of payment anyone accepts.

No one's forced you to be chipped, they've just made any other option untenable.

What do you do?

Blessings,
    Bill

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    No one's forced you to be chipped, they've just made any other option untenable.

What do you do?

Hopefully, enough folks will have pushed back to not let it get to this point. But, if we are unable to stop the avalanche and it becomes necessary to 'take the mark', then I will pack up my family, grab my Jerry D. Young PAW stories, and head for the nearest Christian enclave.

If we're all killed in the process, so be it. With the exception of my son, who is only 6, all of my family have already made their reservations upstairs. I have enough weapons and ammo to ensure that we will not be the only ones moving on to the afterlife that day, too.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    That's all well and good until. " the gov has decided that the 30 round clip in your rifle is the root of all evil. It is now a felony. Bam!! Your now a felon. Time to get your mandatory chip!!

My rifle doesn't have 30 round clips, magazines yes clips no.

Sorry couldn't resist

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You know, They could end up setting up scanners for the devices starting in Gas Stations, Grocery Stores, etc. Then they'll put your CC or Bank info on it and cold hard cash will be done away with. Then you'll see scanners setup in every place imaginable scanning every move you make outside the home.

Think Minority Report and replace retinal scanners with RFID scanners....

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Remember the movie Demolition Man? With Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes? They had the rebels living in the sewers, they had their own city down there, because they refused to follow orders from the government. I can see that happening...

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I thought this was interesting.

Because the pilot program is being provided to the school district at no cost, it did not require approval from the Rhode Island ethics commission.

So as long as we don't have to pay for it, we don't care if it's ethical?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom