• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    I was bumming on the net, many moons ago I bought a milled AK receiver from a pretty small machine shop called CNC Warrior, it has been a great piece, so I decided to give them another look. I had another project in mind, a Saiga 12 but if I can't SBS it, it's just not the same. So...this site happens to have all parts in one little group, a new uncoated machined micro receiver, and a full kit with barrel. This is my first venture into the NFA and I have a question. I know you can't buy a SBR upper and have a ready to attach lower for AR platforms until the stamp comes back, but can I buy the kit and receiver all at once, they do not easily mount with out a great deal of work? Also a question about the Galil itself, anyone here own/run one, do they accept standard AR mags or are the Galil mags?

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    And for the sake of argument, if I can't/shouldn't buy everything at once, is it possible to have my fiancé buy the kit, while I buy the receiver, or even have my mother purchase and hold the kit until the stamp comes back. If I have my Fiancé buy the kit all parts will be under one roof, that could be bad I guess, but at my mothers at least parts will be separated by a few miles.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    I really know nothing about NFA guidelines, never seen the paperwork before. Full of noob questions.

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    When I built my Krinkov, I bought all of the components and sent them off to build while I waited on my stamp to come back. Since the Galil is an AK design, I would be led to believe that you could do the same. If I recall correctly it has to do with the riveting process where an AR just pins together without any tools.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    In this case, since the "kit" will require a substantial amount of work to become a working firearm, having the kit in your posession is a none issue.

What many folks without the tooling or knowledge to build the gun themselves do, is purchase the "kit", fill out a form 1 and after they receive their approved paperwork, they ship the kit off to a builder who specializes in that type of gun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom