• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What a guy may do in college is little more than an indicator of his NFL potential. You have to remember, his good preseason was likely played against guys who also got cut.
    ^This^ SEC Co-Defensive player of the year does not necessarily equate to Pro caliber material. There have been Heisman trophy winners that have'nt been able to cut it in the NFL.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Players lacking skills don't win their conference Defensive Player of the Year award (Sam tied for the award), especially when they play in the SEC.

There's been a lot of Heismann winners that couldn't make the NFL. College skill sets can be very lacking when setting one's sights on making the NFL.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just noticed that some one who posted in this thread got "shootered" New member. Shill account?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Today, the NFL is a pure meritocracy. If he is good enough and can contribute, he'll play somewhere. If not, he won't. Winning outranks whatever biases may exist. In this case, it really is as simple as that. That's the way it should be.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    This. Not only that, Michael Sam took the cut like a man should and didn't play any cards about it being because of anything else. Not only that, I saw a story in the last week where several players on the team told ESPN and SI to stop asking about it because none of the players cared and it was obvious that ESPN and SI were the only ones that did.

Also, a heck of a lot of folks on here that are afraid of the gay for some reason. You don't have to like them, but they're not going to harm anything. Also a lot of folks that need to go back and reread Matthew 7. Apparently they didn't quite understand what was being said there.

Since you brought some scripture into this, which is against the TOU. CULTS starts from misrepresenting scripture, and taking it entirely out of context. I can create a case for anything you can think of based off of one passage in the bible.

Don't judge others right? Unless you want to be judged likewise? If you are a drunkard preacher, I'm calling you out on it. If you are an adulterous whorebag, I'm calling you out on it. If you're a person who has a sexual flavor of the same sex, I'm calling you out on it. Judge not lest ye be judged has to do with hypocrisy, not tolerating any such BS under the sun. There's a time for EVERYTHING right. Everything is permissible right? There's no new thing under the sun?

You are misquoting a scripture and using it OUT of context to define something that your faith should utterly detest and call out, yet you defend it. It's this wishy washy churchianity that has me turned off to all organized churchianity.

I am aware of the TOU, and I probably broke it. But dammit I needed to say something to address this. :)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Probably some crude innuendo, i've seen worse on here though, but he should have known better than to joke about one of the protected classes.
    I don't know if it was this thread that garnered the "shooter" title but I did'nt see anything anywhere here or else where that was worthy. That's why I speculated about a possible shill account.

Of course there is always a chance that something out of bounds may have been posted and got deleted along with the banation. Who knows.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Maybe Sam took the cut like any cut player should, but the timing of his coming out seems dubious. That's just an honest observation. Sam got his shot. He didn't make it. Maybe some other team will pick him up if they think he can contribute to their success. Either way, life goes on beyond the circus.

I think you're saying those people are saying something they're not saying. And I'm not going to claim you're being intellectually dishonest. You may just be parroting the propaganda you hear from people with an agenda, or maybe your imagination can't concoct a scenario other than a sense of fear that could motivate people to reject something you accept.

I'm neither pro-gay nor anti-gay. It's not up to me to condemn or condone what consenting adults do in private. Neither is it up to me to judge the motives of people who do that. But the term "homophobe" is a straw man. Maybe some are prejudiced, some bigots, some just hate people who are different, some simply disagree with or reject the lifestyle because of religious or moral reasons. But none of those reasons logically conclude in a basis of fear. By putting yourself in a place to judge their motives against your own morals, you're in no better footing than those people judging against their own morals, what other consenting adults do in private.

I'm not judging anyone, nor do I intend to. That's also not my business. Simply pointing out that some people would choose to judge a man by something, as you say " other consenting adults do in private". It's clear that to the team that it's not an issue, it's clear to Michael Sam that it's not an issue. But comments along the lines of 'The lord works in mysterious ways' sound awful judgmental.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Since you brought some scripture into this, which is against the TOU. CULTS starts from misrepresenting scripture, and taking it entirely out of context. I can create a case for anything you can think of based off of one passage in the bible.

Don't judge others right? Unless you want to be judged likewise? If you are a drunkard preacher, I'm calling you out on it. If you are an adulterous whorebag, I'm calling you out on it. If you're a person who has a sexual flavor of the same sex, I'm calling you out on it. Judge not lest ye be judged has to do with hypocrisy, not tolerating any such BS under the sun. There's a time for EVERYTHING right. Everything is permissible right? There's no new thing under the sun?

You are misquoting a scripture and using it OUT of context to define something that your faith should utterly detest and call out, yet you defend it. It's this wishy washy churchianity that has me turned off to all organized churchianity.

I am aware of the TOU, and I probably broke it. But dammit I needed to say something to address this. :)

TOU be damned but I have to point out something that apparently you and some other Christians forget: about love the sinner, hate the sin. I don't hold the Christian faith, and the faith that I do hold is of no one's business but my own.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The good lord works in mysterious ways.

Initially I laughed at your comment. That laughter was soon quelled by a deep sense of sorrow. I feel sorry about your condition. The good news is that there is help available should you choose to seek it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    TOU be damned but I have to point out something that apparently you and some other Christians forget: about love the sinner, hate the sin. I don't hold the Christian faith, and the faith that I do hold is of no one's business but my own.

That's why bringing religion into a discussion like this is pointless. Everyone believes something. People get to believe. And people tend to judge others against their own standards, even if others don't believe in those standards. Pointless.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That's why bringing religion into a discussion like this is pointless. Everyone believes something. People get to believe. And people tend to judge others against their own standards, even if others don't believe in those standards. Pointless.

No. It isn't pointless to oppose supernatural mandate. Handwaving away such proclamations is dangerous to mankind. Applying such logic to the situation is to believe that Sam was cut for a reason, while simultaneously allowing Ray Rice to continue his career. What an odd arbiter. Lets stay within the natural world when discussing such matters else the proverbial Pandora's box runs roughshod. It isn't pointless, there is a correct answer to that argument.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. It isn't pointless to oppose supernatural mandate. Handwaving away such proclamations is dangerous to mankind. Applying such logic to the situation is to believe that Sam was cut for a reason, while simultaneously allowing Ray Rice to continue his career. What an odd arbiter. Lets stay within the natural world when discussing such matters else the proverbial Pandora's box runs roughshod. It isn't pointless, there is a correct answer to that argument.

It's not pointless to oppose any kind of tyranny. Other than that, yeah, it's a whole lot like none of your ****ing business what or even that people believe. If you think it's your mission to coerce your belief through shame or by whatever other means other than appealing to reason, then you are just as much an enemy of free thought as you think they are.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It's not pointless to oppose any kind of tyranny. Other than that, yeah, it's a whole lot like none of your ****ing business what or even that people believe. If you think it's your mission to coerce your belief through shame or by whatever other means other than appealing to reason, then you are just as much an enemy of free thought as you think they are.

I'm not utilizing shame. Quite the opposite and said as much in my original post on this topic. There are folks with whom he/she can speak that will most certainly help. But you see, it is my business. Both of us inhabit the same world as the person who made such a comment. The same types of statements are made about catastrophic weather events. Some went as far as to say that 9/11 was the result of this exact train of thought. WBC. It is funny that you mention tyranny. NSA spying, PATRIOT Act, putting the screws to the 2A, all a result of opposition to a perceived supernatural mandate. This line of thinking infects your day to day life. Myself, I will not be subject to this line of thought. I will defend liberty for all.

That said, Sam wasn't good enough to make the team. He was cut like anyone else. He isn't NFL quick off the edge. Being a pass rusher, not a multi-tool DL on a loaded DL team, means that you get cut.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom