• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joshnbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It is absurd to card everyone. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that I should have to card my 61 year father if he were to come into a store and I was the one selling him beer. Me being 40, I am pretty sure my dad is old enough, so what is the point in this silly law? and as far as carding goes I do not care if someone sells my 13 year old kid cigarettes or beer, it is not their problem but mine. The government needs to quit trying raise my kids for me.

i am sorry but i would like to think that if you found out that your child was smoking and drinking at age 13 and found out that he/she purchased it from a liquor store or gas station repeatedly that you would be livid with the fact that a simple "can i see your id please" was too much to ask..

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I just read a book that mentioned this. It is laughable. Why would they go through all that trouble when people line up at stores for the next high tech phone that they can track AND listen to you anytime they want?

Smoke and mirrors.

Lol...good point.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    i am sorry but i would like to think that if you found out that your child was smoking and drinking at age 13 and found out that he/she purchased it from a liquor store or gas station repeatedly that you would be livid with the fact that a simple "can i see your id please" was too much to ask..

Obviously, you've never paid someone to buy beer and cigs for you.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I will just tell them my religion doesn't allow me to have my picture taken. So, I don't have a photo ID. I'm exempt from this law...just like the Amish.

last time I checked the amish aren't big liquor store patrons.:):

Man, what Amish have you been watching?

You should have seen all the pissed off Amish at the liquor store the first week of July. I was getting new tires so I sat and watched them go in, and come back out empty handed with disgusted looks on their faces...

No, Amish aren't exempt, and yes, Amish are BIG time liquor consumers... I've got lots of stories if you'd like to hear some...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Not their responsibility to raise ans nurture my children.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    One of the liquor stores in my town has two or three signs on the entrance doors about the new law, stating that they are required to card every person purchasing alcohol. The kicker is the other signs on the door saying that they require three IDs.

Wifey wanted her margarita mix while she was on vacation last week, so we stopped at the store. I have not been in the store since the new law, so I asked the clerk, "Umm, I can come up with two picture IDs, but I don't think I can do three for ya."

He looked down at my firearm, looked at my hands holding my wallet, and said, "Drivers License is all I need from ya," and he rang up the sale.

Scuttlebutt around town has it that that store is requiring the triple IDs to combat the alleged illegal population in town.

Top Bottom