• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Even if drugs were legalized it still wouldn't stop all the violence in Mexico. The cartels will still fight each other and any company that tries to become legally involved in the trade because there will still be a lot of money at stake. All the members of the cartels would still have crimes to answer for and they won't go down easily for those.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Even if drugs were legalized it still wouldn't stop all the violence in Mexico. The cartels will still fight each other and any company that tries to become legally involved in the trade because there will still be a lot of money at stake. All the members of the cartels would still have crimes to answer for and they won't go down easily for those.
    Their main incentive is money. Pure and simple. When the profit motive is taken away and the price drops to the same level as beer they'll no longer have any incentive to seek money in the black market. No-one will want their inferior products, sold at inflated prices. They'll go the same route that the rum runners did. With their demise will come an end to the violence between themselves and the Mexican government.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Other than to lock the border down I don't know how to solve our with mexico .

As far as Indiana is concerned , I think if we'd legalize it we would solve a lot of our budget problems .

I know that in 1995 , in both a state and county level , we waisted A LOT of money "fighting" the drug war specifically on marijuana right here .

I assume we're all smart enough to realize who's winning that one .

The state and counties waste a lot of man hours and over time pay to eradication / interdiction efforts without any tangible gains .

What I can't figure out is why we've been using the same tactics for over 30 years now and still haven't gained any ground in this fight .

Um , hello ! It's well past time to try something new ! Legalize and tax it !

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I know that in 1995 , in both a state and county level , we waisted A LOT of money "fighting" the drug war specifically on marijuana right here .

I assume we're all smart enough to realize who's winning that one .

The state and counties waste a lot of man hours and over time pay to eradication / interdiction efforts without any tangible gains .

You mean the all those helicopters and narcotics agents running through the fields of Madison county ripping out ditchweed aren't aren't helping to win THE WAR?

I am ex-farmer so I get a kick out this. Legalize it. Don't tax it. We have enough taxes as is.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You mean the all those helicopters and narcotics agents running through the fields of Madison county ripping out ditchweed aren't aren't helping to win THE WAR?

I am ex-farmer so I get a kick out this. Legalize it. Don't tax it. We have enough taxes as is.
    It's rather hard to tax something that you can easily grow in your home. Out of sight of TPTB. They'd insist on a tax of the marketable type, tho. Just as they do for beer, wine and liquor. That's just the way they are. If the capos in DC don't get their cut, nothing gets done.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It's rather hard to tax something that you can easily grow in your home. Out of sight of TPTB. They'd insist on a tax of the marketable type, tho. Just as they do for beer, wine and liquor. That's just the way they are. If the capos in DC don't get their cut, nothing gets done.

I prefer the mafioso term "wet your beak" or "get a taste of that". Times are tough down at the 'Bing.

I also want to clarify something that I just realized. When I said I was a farmer, I meant dairy farmer. Not a marijuana farmer. Just wanted to clear that up before my door gets kicked in. :)

Top Bottom