• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Now, if you find the right entrance, there is no sign. For the other entrances, I just don't notice them & walk right in. I have spent a GREAT many hours in there with no problems, even slept in my wife's room for several nights.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    That's a set up...

IU Health is an "Alliance". It presents a "unified" or "single" front for health care. I'm not sure how best to, **cough single payer**, say it.

I know I'm a little late to this party but... You are close but not quite right. I've been working for, formerly Clarian and now IU Health, for 8 years now. IU Health is a non-profit organization that owns and operates Methodist, University, Riley, West, Saxony, Arnett, Ball Memorial, and North hospitals. We also are tightly affiliated with Goshen, LaPorte, Tipton, Bloomington, Bedford, Morgan County and White County Hospitals. We negotiated with Indiana University to use the name because we give between $50 million and $75 million to the Indiana University School of Medicine each year, and we give those aspiring doctors someplace to hone their skills. We are partnering with the University on countless research projects as well. We are trying to become the next Mayo or Cleveland Clinic. We really want to bring that quality of care to the residents of Indiana.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I know I'm a little late to this party but... You are close but not quite right. I've been working for, formerly Clarian and now IU Health, for 8 years now. IU Health is a non-profit organization that owns and operates Methodist, University, Riley, West, Saxony, Arnett, Ball Memorial, and North hospitals. We also are tightly affiliated with Goshen, LaPorte, Tipton, Bloomington, Bedford, Morgan County and White County Hospitals. We negotiated with Indiana University to use the name because we give between $50 million and $75 million to the Indiana University School of Medicine each year, and we give those aspiring doctors someplace to hone their skills. We are partnering with the University on countless research projects as well. We are trying to become the next Mayo or Cleveland Clinic. We really want to bring that quality of care to the residents of Indiana.

Meanwhile the rebranding is costing millions, and some of the employees are getting screwed..

(my wife works there too btw)

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Meanwhile the rebranding is costing millions, and some of the employees are getting screwed..

(my wife works there too btw)

I am a recent hire at IU Health. If another person in my department wasn't moving elsewhere I would have been laid off because they were cutting down a position. I think they are re-tooling so to say for the potential income hit from the "Obamacare".

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Under an oppressive government
    that's what I thought, so it's not a state-owned kinda thing so really not an issue from a legality standpoint. I don't believe they have a 24-hr lockup, esp so close to Wishard that does.

Wishard's jail section is really a cool setup. the ED part is scary but the main prison portion is a unique experience. I highly recommend getting arrested, going to jail, then shoving a pen up your penis, getting a nasty infection, then being admitted to Wishard so you too can experience it. At least for a day.

Back in the 90's, I pulled a few shifts there. I saw some really weird ***** while on duty. However, I would not recommend the pen trick.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy

So...this...alliance wouldn't be the reason that ST Francis is now an "alliance" as well? It just so happens that competing local hospitals decided to change their names to something with alliance in them. All around the year 2009. They also decided to slash their budgets, for alliance's sake, and stop building plans. Yeah, sounds plausible.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I've seen signs at Methodist (downtown), the Clarion out in Avon, and up at St. Vincent (86th Street).

Is it a "secure correctional health facility"?

Or a county/municiple hospital?

These can all still have rules against carrying on their property.

I was about to be like: "I thought localities couldn't make laws that conflict with the state." Then I realized how old this post was. Or, maybe I'm still wrong and there is some magic that allows city/county hospitals to ban firearms but I don't think they can.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    There used to be a sign on the door I use @ Community North that said no weapons and had a knife/gun symbol. For whatever reason it was removed a couple of weeks ago. Anyone know anything about this?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I was about to be like: "I thought localities couldn't make laws that conflict with the state." Then I realized how old this post was. Or, maybe I'm still wrong and there is some magic that allows city/county hospitals to ban firearms but I don't think they can.

They can. That was one of the exceptions carved out in the law, God knows why.

IC 35-47-11.1-4
    Not prohibited by chapter
    Sec. 4. This chapter may not be construed to prevent any of the following:
    (1) A law enforcement agency of a political subdivision from enacting and enforcing regulations pertaining to firearms, ammunition, or firearm accessories issued to or used by law enforcement officers in the course of their official duties.
    (2) Subject to IC 34-28-7-2, an employer from regulating or prohibiting the employees of the employer from carrying firearms and ammunition in the course of the employee's official duties.
    (3) A court or administrative law judge from hearing and resolving any case or controversy or issuing any opinion or order on a matter within the jurisdiction of the court or judge.
    (4) The enactment or enforcement of generally applicable zoning or business ordinances that apply to firearms businesses to the same degree as other similar businesses. However, a provision of an ordinance that is designed or enforced to effectively restrict or prohibit the sale, purchase, transfer, manufacture, or display of firearms, ammunition, or firearm accessories that is otherwise lawful under the laws of this state is void. A unit (as defined in IC 36-1-2-23) may not use the unit's planning and zoning powers under IC 36-7-4 to prohibit the sale of firearms within a prescribed distance of any other type of commercial property or of school property or other educational property.
    (5) The enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting or restricting the possession of a firearm in any building that contains the courtroom of a circuit, superior, city, town, or small claims court. However, if a portion of the building is occupied by a residential tenant or private business, any provision restricting or prohibiting the possession of a firearm does not apply to the portion of the building that is occupied by the residential tenant or private business, or to common areas of the building used by a residential tenant or private business.
    (6) The enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting or restricting the intentional display of a firearm at a public meeting.
    (7) The enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting or restricting the possession of a firearm in a public hospital corporation that contains a secure correctional health unit that is staffed by a law enforcement officer twenty-four (24) hours a day.
    (8) The imposition of any restriction or condition placed on a person participating in:
    (A) a community corrections program (IC 11-12-1);
    (B) a forensic diversion program (IC 11-12-3.7); or
    (C) a pretrial diversion program (IC 33-39-1).
    (9) The enforcement or prosecution of the offense of criminal recklessness (IC 35-42-2-2) involving the use of a firearm.
    (10) For an event occurring on property leased from a political subdivision or municipal corporation by the promoter or organizer of the event:
    (A) the establishment, by the promoter or organizer, at the promoter's or organizer's own discretion, of rules of conduct or admission upon which attendance at or participation in the event is conditioned; or
    (B) the implementation or enforcement of the rules of conduct or admission described in clause (A) by a political subdivision or municipal corporation in connection with the event.
    (11) The enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting
    or restricting the possession of a firearm in a hospital established and operated under IC 16-22-2 or IC 16-23.
    (12) A unit from using the unit's planning and zoning powers under IC 36-7-4 to prohibit the sale of firearms within two hundred (200) feet of a school by a person having a business that did not sell firearms within two hundred (200) feet of a school before April 1, 1994.
    (13) A unit (as defined in IC 36-1-2-23) from enacting or enforcing a provision prohibiting or restricting the possession of a firearm in a building owned or administered by the unit if:
    (A) metal detection devices are located at each public entrance to the building;
    (B) each public entrance to the building is staffed by at least one (1) law enforcement officer:
    (i) who has been adequately trained to conduct inspections of persons entering the building by use of metal detection devices and proper physical pat down searches; and
    (ii) when the building is open to the public; and
    (C) each:
    (i) individual who enters the building through the public entrance when the building is open to the public; and
    (ii) bag, package, and other container carried by the individual;
    is inspected by a law enforcement officer described in clause (B).
    However, except as provided in subdivision (5) concerning a building that contains a courtroom, a unit may not prohibit or restrict the possession of a handgun under this subdivision in a building owned or administered by the unit if the person who possesses the handgun has been issued a valid license to carry the handgun under IC 35-47-2.
    As added by P.L.152-2011, SEC.4. Amended by P.L.6-2012, SEC.232.

(red emphasis mine)

Blessings,
    Bill

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    Well that is stupid. Strange that the Anderson Community Hospital has a 'no concealed weapon' sign on the door. I've open carried there twice and got confronted once but never asked to leave or not the carry on the property. Is this the case with other Community Hospitals?

Top Bottom