Mens wedding bands.. titanium, tungsten?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Another note:

Anything but Tungsten WILL show scratches, dents, and/or dings.

If you get a "satin" or "brushed" finished Ti, stainless steel, or sterling Ag ring, it'll scratch and you'll have little shiny marks in the brushed portions.

I work with my hands a fair amount at work, including having them inside some tight spaces as I work to screw/unscrew nuts and bolts & such. I didn't want a ring material that'd show the wear and tear.

-J-

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Another note:

Anything but Tungsten WILL show scratches, dents, and/or dings.

If you get a "satin" or "brushed" finished Ti, stainless steel, or sterling Ag ring, it'll scratch and you'll have little shiny marks in the brushed portions.

I work with my hands a fair amount at work, including having them inside some tight spaces as I work to screw/unscrew nuts and bolts & such. I didn't want a ring material that'd show the wear and tear.

-J-
    So a tungsten ring with a precious metal inlay would defeat the purpose of tungsten?

I realize that it will show marks etc, but how much so?

This Triton Tungsten Carbide ring with silver inlay is the one I want.
    TRITON_11-2098S7C.jpg

But now you're making me doubt myself... :dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    So a tungsten ring with a precious metal inlay would defeat the purpose of tungsten?

I realize that it will show marks etc, but how much so?

This Triton Tungsten Carbide ring with silver inlay is the one I want.
    TRITON_11-2098S7C.jpg

But now you're making me doubt myself... :dunno:

#1, that ring looks SHARP.

#2, the non W bits WILL show bumps, lumps, and bruises should those sections be knocked around.

The link that I posted in my first reply in the thread... The ring has a brushed section in the center that's still Tungsten. Shopping on Amazon.com for your ring, once you've gotten your size, should be a cinch. Can buy 2-3 rings from Amazon for the cost of 1 ring from a jewelry store...and they're not tall that expensive from a store. (Mine was $100 from Osterman)

As to how much it'll show marks... Hard to say. That's all dependent upon how much you bang your left ring finger into stuff.

All in all, though, still up to you. Having "battle scars" on a ring can also be seen as a reflection of one's own life and marriage. We ALL go through trials and struggles. Sometimes we bear physical reminders (scratch on a ring...); but marriage is tough.

Sorry to get all philosophacles on you.

-J-

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    All in all, though, still up to you. Having "battle scars" on a ring can also be seen as a reflection of one's own life and marriage. We ALL go through trials and struggles. Sometimes we bear physical reminders (scratch on a ring...); but marriage is tough.

Sorry to get all philosophacles on you.

-J-
    Thanks for the words... not sure why I was worried about a few bumps and scratches... I've never been worried before... guess I was just having a moment.

Anyways, I think I'm going to order that one from mensringstore.com. I couldn't find that exact one on amazon and mensringstore.com has it quite a bit cheaper than the local stores. Still not "cheap" at $309. But Triton rings have a life-time warranty for sizing etc (can't be sized so has to be replaced if you change sizes).

I'm still torn between silver and platinum inlay though. I want platinum but it more than doubles the cost of the ring... I'm too cheap to just spend that kind of money on a thin strip of metal...

JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    I have a Tungsten ring with a gold inlay with 11 diamonds in the gold inlay. Like i said in my previous post, no problems for over 3 years now. The gold doesnt look as shiney as when it was new but it still shines and looks good.

p.s. I work with my hands for a living and have drug chains and been covered to my elbows with mud and grease and just cleaned it real good and it looks just fine.;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I got a nice plain gold band. Never even thought about another metal. Interesting read to say the least.

What I really want looks like this, but with a little smaller stone.
    rb8043y.jpg

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    heres another question while were on the subject. did any of your wear rings before your wedding? my fiance brought up the other day that shes showing that shes taken and im not. i didnt have an explanation for her except, dudes dont do that. go bake a pie. was i right?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Never wore any jewelry before I got married. Now, even my ring feels a little funny, but almost exactly a year later I'm getting used to it.

techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    heres another question while were on the subject. did any of your wear rings before your wedding? my fiance brought up the other day that shes showing that shes taken and im not. i didnt have an explanation for her except, dudes dont do that. go bake a pie. was i right?
    right on

Top Bottom