• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Granted this isn't 100% gun store, they sells no firearms, but it is a great accessories, ammo, knives, Surefire, Cigar, and Shirts store. (Hope it is ok to post this review since it isn't exactly a gun store here, but there really isn't any other place to post it).

I took my wife to Nashville, IN last weekend for her 30th Birthday, she loves the place. If you haven't been there, it has a lot of kitschy little shops that mainly specialize in Women's stuff. However there are a few that will specialize in or at least have a section of guys stuff.

But overall, the Men's Toy Shop was like an oasis in the shopping desert. When I first noticed the Maxpedition stuff and immediately knew that this place was different. The "mens" section in other shops, particularly knives, tend to be Flea Market quality stuff. Their knife selection was of good quality brands like Zero Tolerance, Esee, and Cold Steel. The cigar section seemed to be good quality too, although I'm a little behind the times in cigars since I mostly filled up my humidor a couple years ago and only buy a few of what I like since I don't smoke much, but there were the brands you expect like Drew Estate and Cohiba.

I ended up buying a dual output Surefire G2X to replace my G2 for EDC and a box of Hornady Critical Defense 9mm, one of my carry loads. The ammo was a good price, and the G2X was about $30 off of current internet pricing. He said that he ordered a batch right before the prices went up. In general, the prices seemed to be decent, especially for being in Nashville. I wanted to buy a lot more but I first got there right at closing time on Saturday and by that time we were about out the budgeted spending money. Plus it was the wife's birthday trip, so I couldn't really bring home more than her :D Despite getting there right at closing on Saturday, they were happy to help us and even gave me a Surefire catalog when he saw I was interested in the G2X and showed that I was carrying a G2. I knew I wanted to give the place some more time, so we waited around Sunday for it to open. It was a similar experience Sunday, a great time shooting the breeze about different things and a "hey, did you see we have this or that" instead of high pressure "buy this now". I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Nashville!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Anymore I avoid Nashville like the plauge, but this shop might be worth checking out. Where is the shop located? In the little strip mall by the high school (where the old knife shop used to be), or is it close to the "main strip" on Van Buren Street?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Good info to have! I've found myself chauffeuring wife and MIL to Nashville a few times, all the while thinking "Now what the hell am I going to do..."
    Nice to know there's a place I can burn some time.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We stop in Nashville pretty regularly and eat at That Sandwich Place. I'll have to walk down to the Men's Toy Shop next time. Thanks for the report!

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    +1
    Was there this past weekend. The owners were great! Not too busy to talk with you or answer your questions whether about tobacco, prep items or the gear they carry.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Was in there today.

Lots of good knives, funny tee shirts, cigars, etc.

Top Bottom