• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Interesting issue, but all I'm going to say is this (for now), the idea that men and women are completely interchangeable and there are no true gender roles anymore? Baloney.

That being said, as our society has become less agrarian and moved indoors, many chores that men used to traditionally do have been greatly eased or eliminated. Traditional tasks that women have performed, eased somewhat but not eliminated. In this regard, men need to consider getting off their.....getting up and doing something useful more often.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think their study shows that women who are willing to take it in the chores department are willing to take it in the sex department too.

God says the husband is supposed to be completely self sacrificing. IMO, that means doing the laundry, cooking meals, and cleaning, instead of watching TV or playing video games, going out, etc. However, you need to be proactive in this. Waiting to get yelled at before you get up and do something won't score you any points.

tackdriver47371

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Jay County
    In my 11 years of marriage, me helping more around the house makes her life a little easier. This inturn keeps her happy with me and I can buy more guns and still get lucky.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think their study shows that women who are willing to take it in the chores department are willing to take it in the sex department too.

God says the husband is supposed to be completely self sacrificing. IMO, that means doing the laundry, cooking meals, and cleaning, instead of watching TV or playing video games, going out, etc. However, you need to be proactive in this. Waiting to get yelled at before you get up and do something won't score you any points.

Very true. I saw it as a submissive role for more sex in the traditional role of housewife rather than not liking when men help out.

In my 11 years of marriage, me helping more around the house makes her life a little easier. This inturn keeps her happy with me and I can buy more guns and still get lucky.

well said.

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    Are we talking quality or quantity here; any woman who isn't tired and stressed out over having everything done around the house would be more interested. Doing the housework together is time together and frees her mind and energy up for other pursuits. Has the age of romance ended?

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Spending my time cooking, cleaning, doing the dishes, doing the laundry, changing diapers, generally running around chasing kids, running errands, feeding the dog, changing the litter box, etc etc etc makes me tired. When the day is over, the only thing I want to think about is my bed...as in sleeping in it. When I have a little help with all of those daily chores, I have quite a bit more energy. I still want to think about my bed at the end of the day, but maybe not the sleeping part. I understand it's a fine line. I grew up in a very traditional and old school family. Whether gender roles are right or wrong those roles have been ingrained into me. I do like some help around the house but if he tries to do everything it messes with the roles that my brain says are acceptable. Basically, do nothing and I'm exhausted, do everything and I'm not interested, help out a little and I'll rock your world. Just balance it out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I had the opportunity to be Mr. Mom for extended periods of time repeatedly in my 31 year marriage. The wife had sever medical issues that had to be addressed through surgery every 3 to 5 years and this kept her down for 6 weeks to 3 months at a time. I became the cook, cleaner, laundry tech, Grocery go getter, school function and car pool manager, sports coordinator and her direct assistant for all needs medical. Add working full time. This experience showed me that what she deals with is a full time job in it's self. It formed a bond with my kids and she knows I am ready and capable of taking care of her no matter what.
    I have points to spare. I would have preferred getting them another way but life is like that.

shadowangel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    I help out around the house some and my wife loves it...but I also spend quite a bit of time actually fixing things around the house. If she likes seeing me do the dishes, she REALLY seems to enjoy watching me fix an electrical outlet or something!

tucson26

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Northest Indy
    ok....did anyone else notice that the men reported sex 5.2 times a month and women reported 5.6?? hmmmmmm......where are they getting the extra .4 times?

just saying..

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    depends of your definition of relationship. there are MANY definitions, and i've lived several of them, from partnership to.. more exotic.

as it regards to partnership.. remember that key word their. PARTNER. equal. when you make someone increasingly useless, they BECOME increasingly so.
    'you did all the house work, took care of the kids and animals, and everything is sorted? awesome, now i can go do my own thing now, thanks.'
    i'm sure many men as well as women can equally relate to that statement.
    do not allow someone to become lazy, as they will come to rely and depend on you to support them as their laziness grows.

simpler terms - consider welfare abusers: when everything is provided for you, why work for any of it?

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I know other women say they love to have their husband cook for them, but I find nothing sexy about my husband cooking or doing household chores. Now let him come in the back door covered in grease from repairing a piece of equipment and :faint:

It's not like he ever sits down and is lazy, this man works 12 to 14 hours a day almost every day. The least I can do is care for his need of food, shelter and comfort. But I am ancient with old fashion beliefs of male and female roles.

The younger generation might like their young bucks gelded, but I like my old man all male.

darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    I have noticed if I do chores around the house such as laundry and dishes she seems to be in a better mood and makes scoring a much easier chore for papa,lol

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This may explain things.

french-maid-costume-halloween.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My wife expects me to do chores around the house and then complains that its not done her way. But if something breaks, she won't give the slightest effort to fix it. One day she told me the toilet flush handle wasn't working. I pulled the lid off and the nut that holds the handle in place was off. She couldn't even bother to look.

The problem it seems is that some women expect their men to expand their role while not expanding their own.

Top Bottom