• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Your picture won’t open for me for some reason, but depending on how big they are, I have used a torch to melt off parts to get the rest to fit in my 20lb Lee pot. Or, when making alloy, I use a cheap Walmart ditch oven on a turkey fryer base and use a ladle to pour the alloy into my ingot molds. I have read of guys salvaging keep weights out of sailboats which are very larch, with a chainsaw. Put it over a tarp to catch the chunks. Personally, I’d like to see that in person!

At work, the carpenters and to cut some blocks for a radiology room that were a couple inches thick. They used a jigsaw on low speed and had someone spritz it with water. Lead, being very soft will clog up a blade very quickly so even a larger toothed blade, like a wood sawzall blade will end up coated in melted lead easily of you go too fast and hard.

Well, now it opened. I see five pound plumbers lead and dive weights. The dive weights being kind of open will cut or partially melt pretty easy. The muffins of plumbers lead is a bit tougher. A thrift store soup pot and a camp stove or a side burner on a grill will make it all liquid fairly easy.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    U
    Another thing you could do to break up those blocks is use a chisel or a splitting wedge and just split them up.

Get a cheap Amazon or Harbor Freight one and just smack it with a 5 lb sledgehammer
    Yeah, cold chisel and a hammer.
    Drive a screw into one side, tie a wire to the screw, hang it over the pot and propane or mapp gas torch it in.

Top Bottom