• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    So first, a little background. My girlfriend was 100% against me owning a handgun back in October. I told her that it was something that was important to me, and bought one against her will. After I had one, the collection started growing, and new guns were being rotated in and out of the collection. I am now happy with what I have, Rock Island 1911a1, Glock 19, Ruger 22/45 mkIII.

So, tonight I come home and instantly notice my Rock Island 1911 .45 tucked into my girlfriends waist band in the 5 o'clock position! At first I am a little concerned, so I ask what is going on. She says that she heard a strange sound and felt safer having a gun on hand! She has only gone shooting with me twice, but I was amazed she went right for the "big guns" and is becoming more open to the idea of owning guns for personal protection. She even mentioned considering the purchase of her own gun, to which I replied I would happily "sponsor" her in getting her first handgun, and an Indiana license to carry handgun, but any future purchases would be on her own dime ;)

Needless to say, I was really impressed, and this will be a great turning point in our relationship of four years.

She's a keeper for sure!

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So first, a little background. My girlfriend was 100% against me owning a handgun back in October. I told her that it was something that was important to me, and bought one against her will. After I had one, the collection started growing, and new guns were being rotated in and out of the collection. I am now happy with what I have, Rock Island 1911a1, Glock 19, Ruger 22/45 mkIII.

So, tonight I come home and instantly notice my Rock Island 1911 .45 tucked into my girlfriends waist band in the 5 o'clock position! At first I am a little concerned, so I ask what is going on. She says that she heard a strange sound and felt safer having a gun on hand! She has only gone shooting with me twice, but I was amazed she went right for the "big guns" and is becoming more open to the idea of owning guns for personal protection. She even mentioned considering the purchase of her own gun, to which I replied I would happily "sponsor" her in getting her first handgun, and an Indiana license to carry handgun, but any future purchases would be on her own dime ;)

Needless to say, I was really impressed, and this will be a great turning point in our relationship of four years.

She's a keeper for sure!

And where were YOU, presumably unarmed, that she had the choice to "go for the big guns"? Mmm?

I'm kidding, of course. Good for you and good for her!

Blessings,
    Bill

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    And where were YOU, presumably unarmed, that she had the choice to "go for the big guns"? Mmm?

I'm kidding, of course. Good for you and good for her!

Blessings,
    Bill

I was at work (no carry allowed), and have not figured out how to secure a gun in my jeep with no top yet. I just don't trust the cheesy little lock on the center console. I think I will be investing in an instatrunk, then bolting a lockbox to the inside of that.
    Bestop 42636-01 - Bestop® Instatrunk™ for 07-09 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

I am hoping she will start making more frequent range trips with me, and maybe do some training together.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    I guess from reading these post I, like Slacker am one of the lucky guys out there. The night I first met my wife I was carrying a S&W 66 when she noticed it she commented that she also liked the stainless.
    She has her permit to carry and likes to shoot when ever time allows for her and I to sneak back into the woods. She is also the Johnson County Chairperson for the Friends of NRA committee in this county.
    The only thing she asks is that I allow her to put some of her jewelery in the gun safe with the rest of the valuables.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    There have been several occasions when I have purchased a new firearm, but was unable to get to the range for a few days after. I'm not joking when I say if I made the mistake of not waiting for her to go to the range with me and I come home, I'm pretty damn that when she asks me "where have you been?" I'd get a better reaction if I told her I was out with another woman.:):

Top Bottom