• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As mentioned above, whenever I order anything gun related, I add a brick of decent .22LR ammo.

I'm also a firm believer in loading up on the grocery store 10/$10 name brand stuff that I will use and will store.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I heard a preacher once say that in the last days a days work will buy a loaf of bread when talking about this verse in Revelation, "And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and [see] thou hurt not the oil and the wine" .....He was saying that there would not be much food but plenty of alchohol. You will be doing whatever you need to do to eat if you are here during the last days.

Go here for all the translations take on this verse cause it pretty much lines up with what he was saying.

Revelation 6:6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I heard a preacher once say that in the last days a days work will buy a loaf of bread when talking about this verse in Revelation, "And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and [see] thou hurt not the oil and the wine" .....He was saying that there would not be much food but plenty of alchohol. You will be doing whatever you need to do to eat if you are here during the last days.

Go here for all the translations take on this verse cause it pretty much lines up with what he was saying.

Revelation 6:6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

Please learn oral tradition and/or take a course in theology specializing in the Apocrypha.

That is not saying what you or the preacher think it's saying.

Josh

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    not saying he is right or wrong but that is his interpretation of it...he gave this in a course about Revelation...did you look at the link for all the translations? they all seem to be in agreement. I have spent plenty of time studying theology...what is your take on it?
    Please learn oral tradition and/or take a course in theology specializing in the Apocrypha.

That is not saying what you or the preacher think it's saying.

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

I keep plenty of coffee and a can of tobacco on hand. I drink coffee, so I keep extra. I no longer smoke. I probably should get a few pints of good whiskey too.

I also have a tin into which I throw spare .22 rounds, and I have a few rounds for calibers I don't own any longer.

Addictions will be worth more than gold.

My medical training - regardless of whichever stage it may be - will be invaluable, renewable barter as well.

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    not saying he is right or wrong but that is his interpretation of it...he gave this in a course about Revelation...did you look at the link for all the translations? they all seem to be in agreement. I have spent plenty of time studying theology...what is your take on it?

PM on its way.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    If you can't eat it, drink it, shoot it, cut with it, start a fire with it, wear it, sew with it, or cure a medical condition with it it will have little value in the [strike]afterlife[/strike] after lights.

Probably the most valueable thing initially will be cigerettes. After about a month a pack of cigerettes will probably get you 100 pounds of rice and somebody's wife. On second thought keep the wife.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Sorry, my question was not, what is Apocrypha, but, how does Apocrypha relate to this discussion. I don't see the connection.
    I think perhaps more misunderstanding of what SHTF is compared to TEOTWAWKI, or biblical end of times. All 3 are vastly different from one another and require different levels of prep, the last one being the easiest to prepare for;)

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I think perhaps more misunderstanding of what SHTF is compared to TEOTWAWKI, or biblical end of times. All 3 are vastly different from one another and require different levels of prep, the last one being the easiest to prepare for;)

If we're talking Apocalypse, I see that connection, but not Apocrypha. The two terms are not interchangeable.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Well, maybe not easy, but the one we ultimately have the least control over.......man never mind........philosophy is too deep for a gun forum......sorry I stated that as I did....God, Golden Rule, Guns and Bacon....there that's better.

:rules:

Yeah you better be careful...that kinda talk will get you HAMMERED ;)

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not to bad mouth anyone but I wonder how many people are stocking up for trade before getting what they will actually need figuring they will just trade for it later. I know some people know that they will never have everything and things will be forgotten. I know I would never take a gold ounce for a loaf of bread in November not knowing if I would have enough to get through the winter.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I wonder how many people are stocking up for trade before getting what they will actually need figuring they will just trade for it later.
    I've wondered that from time to time myself and it just seems silly, but you know those guys are out there. My thought is that there's NO way I've thought of everything therefore few barter items are a necessary evil.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Not to bad mouth anyone but I wonder how many people are stocking up for trade before getting what they will actually need figuring they will just trade for it later. I know some people know that they will never have everything and things will be forgotten. I know I would never take a gold ounce for a loaf of bread in November not knowing if I would have enough to get through the winter.

Don't be so quick to assume that. Barter markets arise pretty quickly and rates of exchange get established based on local conditions. When you're offered gold ounce, you may already know where you can convert it into something else you need from someone who doesn't want bread. Markets don't vanish. Black markets have sprung up out of necessity whenever regular trade was disrupted: in prisons, in ghettos, in wars, everywhere.

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    barter, i would look at heriloom seeds over gold and sliver. you can't eat gold and sliver and my seeds will be worth twice if not more then a gold or sliver coin.

Top Bottom