• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stove

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depends on what you need done.

Diesel stuff, general automotive?

I have used danville performance for some upgraded front end parts for my diesel truck. While I was there, they did just about everything and being around the shop it was very clean and well kept. Those things say a lot about a place IMHO.

I have also used fleece performance for a performance allison rebuild, as well as a dodge tranny rebuild. They are in north salem.

Both places are local owned.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Just had some work done to the wifes car, 2.4 Quad motor in a pont. grand am. The water pump was going out, This is a MF'er to change, Jeff at BBurg muffler( across from DQ and next to the old Blanc chevrolet dealer) did a GREAT job and ready when he said it would be. $700 but to all that know what kinda job this is notta bad price. I just wanted it done right!!

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.3%
    33   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    general gasoline engine work on a Jeep 4.0 Cherokee. I have a mechanic that i use to go to but am trying to find someone locally.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I recommend Strange's Garage. Near Lynhurst and Morris.
    244-2121
    Somebody else might be faster or cheaper; I've never found anybody more honest or better.

Tell them Doug sent you.

Doug

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    They are just north of 86th and Michigan.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Green's Truck/Auto Service North
    4810 Northwestern Drive
    Zionsville, IN 46077
    Phone: 317-872-4177
    [/FONT]

Quick, honest, competent. They didn't blink when I asked them to bolt a Gunvault to the floor of my car and even added silicone to the exterior of the bolts to cut down on rust.

They also have a location on the near south side.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.3%
    33   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Well i have a Jeep Cherokee with a 4.0 inline 6 that is having some cooling issues. I have had the radiator, thermostat, and water pump replaced and it has slowly started to to creep back up to around 220 F. I know these engines run hot but that is at the top of the acceptable range. The fan kicks on when it reaches 210 F and pretty much never shuts off.

I ran it today on my daily commute with the heat on and it seemed to bring the temp down to around 210 F and would stay there. I deally i don't want to run the heat during the summer.

I have had it in at a reputable shop to have the heater core flushed 3 times now. Before the last time it was running around 195F and then they replaced the lower radiator hose. After this it started to creep up to 220.

The engine runs fine at 220 but i would like to get that lower.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Head gasket or wrong temperature thermostat installed possibly?

I used to own a 4.0 jeep till recently. It used to run about 190 in the cooler months...and in the summer 210-220 with the outside temp higher than 75 and a/c running.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    Are you sure It's actually running that hot? I own a Automotive repair shop here in Brazil and I usually check temp. gauge one easy way is if you have a thermal temp. gun shoot it on the side of the block or rad. cap to actually see if it is getting that hot. If all those parts have been replaced and the block was back flushed should not get that warm, I usually replace the thermostat with factory thermostats I have had brand new Stant thermostats stick on me before, Also I don't know what year Jeep you have but there is a recall on that electric fan assembly (if it has one on that 4.0 I know the 4.7's do)
    for separation of fan blade from motor and it will tear that radiator up! done more than one on a Grand Cherokee! Good luck with your Jeep! :D

Top Bottom