• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It is only a resolution encouraging residents to adopt a certain lifestyle (for now) but Los Angeles City Council is recommending residents forsake meat for the sake of piety to the Lord, er, to the Planet.

Will the petty tyrants ever run out of ways to direct your life?

No meat for thee but will those in the black overalls will have plenty of protein.

'Meatless Mondays': LA urges residents to turn vegetarian one day a week - U.S. News

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I didn't see where it mandated anything. More like a public awareness campaign. :dunno:

That's just for openers. Next these liberal clowns will mandate that restaurants can't serve meat on Mondays. Then they will forbid grocery stores from selling meat on Monday. Then they will require you to purchase a permit to buy a specific amount of meat. Liberals won't enslave us in one fell swoop. They will (are) do it over time, slowly until we no longer are a free people.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Try getting a soda larger than 16oz in NY or a gun for that matter.

For the record - this edict applies only to the 5 boroughs. As much as the residents of NYC would love to have you believe it, there is in fact, much more to NYS than the city itself. I can go buy a 128 oz ultra-mega-sudper-dooper-make-me-fat-and-diabetic-as-soon-as-I-finish-it-Gulp Right now if I want to. Why would I want to though?

No, I'm not saying NYC's ban is good. Just saying that I choose not to slurp down 4,692 calories in a soft drink. Fatbodies can do whatever they want. Well, except in NYC. :P

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    For the record - this edict applies only to the 5 boroughs. As much as the residents of NYC would love to have you believe it, there is in fact, much more to NYS than the city itself. I can go buy a 128 oz ultra-mega-sudper-dooper-make-me-fat-and-diabetic-as-soon-as-I-finish-it-Gulp Right now if I want to. Why would I want to though?

No, I'm not saying NYC's ban is good. Just saying that I choose not to slurp down 4,692 calories in a soft drink. Fatbodies can do whatever they want. Well, except in NYC. :P

OK

NEW YORK CITY!?!?!?!

Vulture_Whale_New_York_City_April_2010.jpg

NYC is not a public awareness campaign.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN

Where do you get a 375+ oz pop? You'd have to bring along a dolly for it.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    OK

NEW YORK CITY!?!?!?!

Vulture_Whale_New_York_City_April_2010.jpg

NYC is not a public awareness campaign.

No offense meant man. It's just a peeve of mine. People assume that laws in NYC apply across the state. That would be sort of like saying Terre Haute Municipal code governed all of Indiana.

Now back to information dissemination by Printcraft Polling, LLC

Where do you get a 375+ oz pop? You'd have to bring along a dolly for it.

Is that how much soda you'd need to get 4,692 calories? I just typed ridiculous numbers for effect.I don't know if they even still sell them anywhere, but 7-11 used to sell the "Double Gulp", and it was 128 oz. That's a freakin' gallon of soda. At 97 calories per 8 oz of coca cola, that's 1550+ calories of soda.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I didn't see where it mandated anything. More like a public awareness campaign. :dunno:

Yes, maybe you should re-read the introduction:

"It is only a resolution encouraging residents to adopt a certain lifestyle (for now)..."

No one said its mandated, just that these things have a way of moving from recommendations to policy to law.

Top Bottom