• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Pepper spray wasn't so bad. When they had us in formation and chucked a CS canister in front of us we were supposed to wait a little and march past it. Well it caught fire so they made us stand there waiting until it died out yay!
    Yeah, that's always a pleasant experience. I always enjoyed going to the gas chamber while in the Marines.:noway:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I did not have to go through the gas chamber, only Damage Controlman had to. The ones I spoke to said they would rather do the gas chamber again over being sprayed.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    What would the effects of being sprayed be for someone with a breathing disorder like asthma? I've always heard that it makes it hard to breathe so say someone with asthma was sprayed would it send them into an asthma attack or worse?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I was tear gassed in boot camp and ITS.

I was pepper sprayed by the Sheriffs Dept in Allen County.

I will take tear gas over pepper spray every day of the week and twice on Sundays!!!

Pepper spray and me do NOT get along.

When I was sprayed all I did was a giant pee-pee dance and felt like I was going to throw up. I was lead to the hose and rinsed for at least five (5) minutes and was still messed up for almost an hour.

Pepper spray is some nasty #$^+#^&*~***#!@#^*+#$#~"$.

Good for you maintaining control!!

Regards,

Doug

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    What would the effects of being sprayed be for someone with a breathing disorder like asthma? I've always heard that it makes it hard to breathe so say someone with asthma was sprayed would it send them into an asthma attack or worse?

I'm no Dr., but I would guess that it's quite possible. As it it does make it very difficult to breathe.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    To All,

I was tear gassed in boot camp and ITS.

I was pepper sprayed by the Sheriffs Dept in Allen County.

I will take tear gas over pepper spray every day of the week and twice on Sundays!!!

Pepper spray and me do NOT get along.

When I was sprayed all I did was a giant pee-pee dance and felt like I was going to throw up. I was lead to the hose and rinsed for at least five (5) minutes and was still messed up for almost an hour.

Pepper spray is some nasty #$^+#^&*~***#!@#^*+#$#~"$.

Good for you maintaining control!!

Regards,

Doug

IIRC Allen county officers carry a stronger/more potent spray than most depts.

I've been hit with OC, taser, and a stun gun. I'll take the ride of OC any day.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I havent seen it personally, but when I was doing OC qualification course in the Marines, they specifically have a corpsman on site for that, if anyone has any breathing issues as a reaction; if it weren't for that possibility I imagine no corpsman would be needed/required. Asthma is a disqualification for the Marines, but a friend of mine had acute asthma and he still toughed it out and ran with us in platoon/company formation runs.... so, they're in there.

I only had the pleasure of doing the course twice, first time was hell, 2nd was a LOT easier and actually pretty fun. The course was per Marine corps training: get sprayed, station 1-4/5 with defending yourself, punching, eventually leading up to drawing a sidearm while giving orders and detaining a suspect. Those who say CS gas is way easier than OC could not be more accurate, it's vastly easier to deal with in any form; lol after doing OC course twice I laughed in the chamber walking around talking to my buddies, they never did OC qual.. :):

*Tips for dealing with OC pepper spray*
    1: Strobe your eyes, blink like it's your own techno party, and you're never doing it fast enough....
    2: Having a base substance helps, like milk... lots of milk, tear-free baby shampoo also helps (never washed my eyeballs before...).
    3: NEVER close your eyes for any length of time. <--*Note the period*
    4: DO NOT take a shower immediately afterwards, and wash your face separately from the rest of your body, unless you'd like to find out why... the hard way (been there, done that, got the t-shirt...).

Now the real fun starts when you compare oil based vs. water based spray... @OP: Props to you for doing the qual, it's a memorable ordeal in any case. Hay look on the bright side, you can now breathe CS gas like it's fresh air!.. as long as you dont cough :) cuz we all know what that leads to :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

*Edit* If it weren't for super-charging anyone's adrenaline pool due to the body's reaction to the stress endured, OC would be good for someone to use in self-defense. I can only imagine if someone used it in self-defense and the attacker goes all Bruce Banner, things wouldn't turn out ideal for the victim.

*So this post wound up longer than I intended, but I think it's the wine...*

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    IIRC Allen county officers carry a stronger/more potent spray than most depts.

I've been hit with OC, taser, and a stun gun. I'll take the ride of OC any day.

Where did you get that info? Standard OC spray is 10%. It's what we carried and all my local departments carry 10% as well.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Nice! Thank you for your service. What was the guy doing behind you? Just wondering if he was instructing you or just observing?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I havent seen it personally, but when I was doing OC qualification course in the Marines, they specifically have a corpsman on site for that, if anyone has any breathing issues as a reaction; if it weren't for that possibility I imagine no corpsman would be needed/required. Asthma is a disqualification for the Marines, but a friend of mine had acute asthma and he still toughed it out and ran with us in platoon/company formation runs.... so, they're in there.

I only had the pleasure of doing the course twice, first time was hell, 2nd was a LOT easier and actually pretty fun. The course was per Marine corps training: get sprayed, station 1-4/5 with defending yourself, punching, eventually leading up to drawing a sidearm while giving orders and detaining a suspect. Those who say CS gas is way easier than OC could not be more accurate, it's vastly easier to deal with in any form; lol after doing OC course twice I laughed in the chamber walking around talking to my buddies, they never did OC qual.. :):

*Tips for dealing with OC pepper spray*
    1: Strobe your eyes, blink like it's your own techno party, and you're never doing it fast enough....
    2: Having a base substance helps, like milk... lots of milk, tear-free baby shampoo also helps (never washed my eyeballs before...).
    3: NEVER close your eyes for any length of time. <--*Note the period*
    4: DO NOT take a shower immediately afterwards, and wash your face separately from the rest of your body, unless you'd like to find out why... the hard way (been there, done that, got the t-shirt...).

Now the real fun starts when you compare oil based vs. water based spray... @OP: Props to you for doing the qual, it's a memorable ordeal in any case. Hay look on the bright side, you can now breathe CS gas like it's fresh air!.. as long as you dont cough :) cuz we all know what that leads to :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

*Edit* If it weren't for super-charging anyone's adrenaline pool due to the body's reaction to the stress endured, OC would be good for someone to use in self-defense. I can only imagine if someone used it in self-defense and the attacker goes all Bruce Banner, things wouldn't turn out ideal for the victim.

*So this post wound up longer than I intended, but I think it's the wine...*

We used water based OC spray. So when I did wash up afterword, I had a nice reflash. I bent down on my knees in the tub and scrubed my face and head. As I did not want it to get onto my baby maker. Most people would not handle it well, even with adrenaline. Just watch videos on You Tube. Most scream like girls and don't know what to do. As for trying to wash it off. From what I have read, milk is not the best choice. It's the same as if you ate the same peppers used to make the spray. I have read that sugar water is better. The trainers told us that it just takes time. It took about an hour or so before I could open my eyes without having to hold them open. I held my eyes open to get fresh air to them, whch did help some.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Where did you get that info? Standard OC spray is 10%. It's what we carried and all my local departments carry 10% as well.

Several people that work in the jail and on the road for Allen county.

Next time you're in your local Police Supply store pick up a can of MK (Red label) a can of Saber Red (Blue label) and a can of FOX spray (black label). Take a look at the Scoville measurement on it. Fox is 5.3 million, Saber is 5.2, while MK is only 5 million. It doesn't look like much but after being sprayed with Fox and MK, you can feel the difference. I've also been sprayed with ASP's version of oc called "HEAT". It felt similar to the effects of MK but MK lasted longer.

Fox IIRC is resin/oil based so it sticks to the skin longer. Saber is Alcohol based which I'm guessing adds to the burn (never been sprayed with Saber) and MK is water based.

Fox is rumored to be flammable and Saber IS flammable so they're "not safe" to use with a taser.

Top Bottom