• ...and so much more!
  • mg_srt

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Elkhart/South Bend
    I don't mind seeing little microscopic boogers in my nuggets. I don't really understand why people are so sensitive to media hype. I honestly think the media has been attacking McDonalds for over a decade because they are made to be the scapegoat for our record obesity rate. I think we're obese because we are lazy and sit in front of televisions and computers every day, not because of fast food.

Remember ten or so years ago when some Harvard type study concluded that trans fat from the grease in fries caused cancer? McD's, and all other restaurants promptly all changed their grease to vegetable oil, even though they had been successfully using lard since their inception. Now their fries all taste boring, whereas they were once so good that McDonalds became world famous for them! Guess what? I read a study last week that said trams fats cause heart disease--no mention of cancer anymore, hmmm. I think what is going on here is exactly like the global warming conspiracy, it is the media and academia at war with an industry, and they are destroying the industry. I ate McD's fries twice a week since I was born, and I was skinny all along.

PS - if you really think the raw nuggets or McRibs are gross I have to wonder if you've ever gutted and cleaned a live animal? For that matter, I wonder what the meat you buy in the pretty packages at the grocery would look like under a microscope.

Being outside and active is definitely a factor, however when you look at the micro and macro nutrients of the so called food they serve it becomes clear. The processed synthetic food served at fast food restaurants and the like are very different than making a meal at home from real foods (produce, quality meat, fresh ingredients, not boxed crap). The problem today is that we live in a society that fixates on fast pace and convenience. The difference between a bacon cheese burger from a drive through, and a bacon cheeseburger made with quality ingredients is astounding. Im sure we have all seen the picture of the 12yr old burger from McDonalds that looks the same as the day it was purchased. This is because the burger has been stripped of its micro nutrients (which decay) and pumped with preservatives so they last longer on the shelves. Your body needs nutrients to operate at an optimal level. However, the human body is amazing and will take unbelievable amounts of abuse. The body has its limits though and right now we are pushing those limits past their breaking point. Hence 2/3 of America being overweight. Congratulations America we are playing right in to the hand the FDA and Pharmaceutical companies want us to. The more our population is overweight the more dependent they are on pharmaceutical drugs. Right now in America we average 13 prescriptions per every man, woman, and child in our country. A huge percentage of this is directly related to ailments caused by being overweight, and depriving the body of the necessary nutrients to function. For example type II diabetes is not something you are born with, but typically and effect from poor diet. It is a result of too much sugar in the blood causing the pancreas to go into overdrive eventually not able to keep up. Good news is you can reverse the diagnosis of type II diabetes by changing your diet and even rid yourself of it all together. The American way for the majority of the people is they would rather continue their diet and take a drug that counters it. This eventually leads to another symptom for yet another drug, and never actually cures anything. Seeking information about nutrition years ago is what lead me to pursue my career as a Registered Dietitian (still in school). Having a healthy diet will not make you live longer, but it will be a determining factor in the quality of your life. So yes we are LAZY but it’s the laziness in our meal choices that is really doing the damage.
    This burger is actually 14yrs old...
    article-2313276-196FFD92000005DC-635_634x421.jpg
    Man keeps McDonald's burger for 14 years and it looks exactly the same as the day it was first flipped in Utah | Mail Online

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The McRib is like a dead beat dad. For the longest time you wonder where they have been. Then all of the sudden out of no where, you hear they will be back in a week.

When they finally arrive, life can't get any better. They are there for you noon and night. Life is great. For a while. Then when you are supposed to meet again, they are gone. "Last night was the last I saw of them," everyone keeps saying. You look around the entire city but to no avail.

The days are back to ho-hum. Your thoughts of them fade over time.

Then you get the news. THEY ARE COMING BACK. Even though you remember how bad they hurt you last time, it doesn't matter. Life will be perfect. ...... for a while.

I remember hearing this on Bob and Tom years ago.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The McRib is like a dead beat dad. For the longest time you wonder where they have been. Then all of the sudden out of no where, you hear they will be back in a week.

When they finally arrive, life can't get any better. They are there for you noon and night. Life is great. For a while. Then when you are supposed to meet again, they are gone. "Last night was the last I saw of them," everyone keeps saying. You look around the entire city but to no avail.

The days are back to ho-hum. Your thoughts of them fade over time.

Then you get the news. THEY ARE COMING BACK. Even though you remember how bad they hurt you last time, it doesn't matter. Life will be perfect. ...... for a while.

I remember hearing this on Bob and Tom years ago.

I was going to recommend you a teddy bear until I read the last sentence :):

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't mind seeing little microscopic boogers in my nuggets. I don't really understand why people are so sensitive to media hype. I honestly think the media has been attacking McDonalds for over a decade because they are made to be the scapegoat for our record obesity rate. I think we're obese because we are lazy and sit in front of televisions and computers every day, not because of fast food.

Remember ten or so years ago when some Harvard type study concluded that trans fat from the grease in fries caused cancer? McD's, and all other restaurants promptly all changed their grease to vegetable oil, even though they had been successfully using lard since their inception. Now their fries all taste boring, whereas they were once so good that McDonalds became world famous for them! Guess what? I read a study last week that said trams fats cause heart disease--no mention of cancer anymore, hmmm. I think what is going on here is exactly like the global warming conspiracy, it is the media and academia at war with an industry, and they are destroying the industry. I ate McD's fries twice a week since I was born, and I was skinny all along.

PS - if you really think the raw nuggets or McRibs are gross I have to wonder if you've ever gutted and cleaned a live animal? For that matter, I wonder what the meat you buy in the pretty packages at the grocery would look like under a microscope.

Ugh. Chicken McNuggets are gross. Ever try to eat one cold? They about 50% fat and the little wires that stick out hopefully are nerves.

maxresdefault.jpg

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Ugh. Chicken McNuggets are gross. Ever try to eat one cold? They about 50% fat and the little wires that stick out hopefully are

Once again, you people repeat the same myths from the PETA vegan lesbian crowd that are passed off as science in the media. Have you EVER looked at ANY other chicken nuggets under a microscope? How about unprocessed meat? Have you not noticed the little hairs on the skin of a full size chicken/turkey that get singed off while cooking? The skin is thhe best part too! I eat hot wings at BW3's, and I know there are little veigns, tendons, fat, and all sorte of stuff in each bite...SO WHAT!

I don't even lile McDonalds. I think they have the cheapest food. But I don't make up lies or repost images that are meant to destroy their business, and nothing else. I like to eat at McDonalds about once a month or less. McDonalds has nothing to do with our obesity rate, I can guarantee you that. They are just an easy scapegoat because they are cheap.

We must stop repeating every bit of propaganda from the PETA vegan lesbians, seriously. This is why liberals run this country, we repeat every bit of lame propaganda they put out there...

Being outside and active is definitely a factor, however when you look at the micro and macro nutrients of the so called food they serve it becomes clear. The processed synthetic food served at fast food restaurants and the like are very different than making a meal at home from real foods (produce, quality meat, fresh ingredients, not boxed crap). ...
    This burger is actually 14yrs old...
    View attachment 23406
    Man keeps McDonald's burger for 14 years and it looks exactly the same as the day it was first flipped in Utah | Mail Online

Their reply to this nonsense:
    "McDonald's hamburger patties in the U.S. are made with 100% USDA-inspected beef. They are cooked and prepared with salt, pepper and nothing else - no preservatives - no fillers. Our hamburger buns are made from North American-grown wheat flour. These are the same foods that people buy every day in their local grocery stores."

This is what real science looks like, and I believe proves McDonalds to be right:
    http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives...f-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html

"Pretty strong evidence in favor of Theory 3: the burger doesn't rot because it's small size and relatively large surface area help it to lose moisture very fast. Without moisture, there's no mold or bacterial growth. Of course, that the meat is pretty much sterile to begin with due to the high cooking temperature helps things along as well. It's not really surprising. Humans have known about this phenomenon for thousands of years. After all, how do you think beef jerky is made?"

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    McDonalds has nothing to do with our obesity rate, I can guarantee you that. They are just an easy scapegoat because they are cheap.

Well you can't single out McDonald's, but it certainly in that group of places/foods that contribute to American obesity. The fact that they are cheap only makes the point more obvious. Ever wondered why poor people tend to be obese? Eating healthy is expensive.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well you can't single out McDonald's, but it certainly in that group of places/foods that contribute to American obesity. The fact that they are cheap only makes the point more obvious. Ever wondered why poor people tend to be obese? Eating healthy is expensive.

Although I do agree that these places don't help matters any, I think a certain lifestyle is more at the core of the problem. As much as I hate to admit it I am a fast food junkie. Now I do enjoy a healthy (or semi healthy) home cooked meal as well. But I love some greasy, fatty, crap filled junk from just about any fast food place you can think of. I'm not in great shape. I don't have six pack abs. But I figure I'm doing pretty good to weigh in at about 150. The difference is that I don't spend all of my time on the couch (I say as I sit here posting on INGO :): ). I don't live a sedentary lifestyle and I actually get out and move around. I also don't order supersized everything plus a side item or 6 when I go eat fast food. If people would just get up and move we might not have as much of an issue with obesity. Go for a walk. Park at the back of the parking lot. Turn on the radio and dance like an idiot to a song you like. It's so easy, yet we make it seem so hard.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It's all yes or no here, worship or revile. Moderation in all things (does that include moderation?). Keep a generally healthy lifestyle, and if you want a McRib, get one. It's like candy, a treat. It may not be good for you, certainly not as a steady diet, but one or two when they come around can hardly be harmful.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It's all yes or no here, worship or revile. Moderation in all things (does that include moderation?). Keep a generally healthy lifestyle, and if you want a McRib, get one. It's like candy, a treat. It may not be good for you, certainly not as a steady diet, but one or two when they come around can hardly be harmful.

Yes it does!

Eating healthy is not as expensive as you might think but it depends on what you think healthy is. You can prepare many foods much cheaper than eating prepared foods. If you think spending the money on organic food is healthier then you are wasting your money. All food is organic and all food is made of chemicals but prepared foods have a lot of crap in them you would not put in your own dishes.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Yes it does!

Eating healthy is not as expensive as you might think but it depends on what you think healthy is. You can prepare many foods much cheaper than eating prepared foods. If you think spending the money on organic food is healthier then you are wasting your money. All food is organic and all food is made of chemicals but prepared foods have a lot of crap in them you would not put in your own dishes.

Explain what the McDonald's hamburger, chicken, or McRib has in it that is not in stuff from the butcher please. If you buy real ribs or chicken they have bones, cartilage, fat and all that, and you inevitably eat some of that while chewing around the bone. Processed foods cut the meet off the bone, and surely also get a bit of cartilage and fat (note that McD's switched their nuggets to all white meat to avoid this). While it is feasible that they will throw in more "scrap" parts to make a profit, it is still the same organic components. You aren't being poisoned or eating pig butts. That is just ridiculous. The people that work at processing plants have family members who eat the food they make ya know.

Again, I don't really like McDonald's, so I'm not saying they are superb. I agree that their food is less healthy overall, mostly because of how it is prepared, and the ratios (i.e. burger/bun ratio), but I despise the hyperbole. If you can't stand to look at meat under a microscope, then become a vegetarian, but people should stop trying to gross everyone out with liberal anti-meat propaganda. Once McDonald's is put out of business, the propaganda will just change to target the next most popular franchise, and it will go on like that forever.

Whatever we put in our mouth falls directly down into our stomach, which is basically a vat of HCL, where it gets dissolved into a gooey mush of chemicals. Put a microscope on that and I'm, sure it wouldn't be appetizing, but that is the reality of our existence. Too many people overthink food. Just eat, because if you don't eat you die. Instead of complaining about hunger, which has plagued mankind since its inception, people today are wussy enough to complain about the plentiful food...it is unfathomable to me!

The only direct relationship fast food has to our obesity epidemic IMO, is that it is fast and easy. It takes a lot of effort to cook a meal, which is bypassed. And because it is so fast and easy, it is far easier to become addicted to eating more often.

Last edited:

mg_srt

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Elkhart/South Bend
    Their reply to this nonsense: "McDonald's hamburger patties in the U.S. are made with 100% USDA-inspected beef. [B said:
    They are cooked and prepared with salt, pepper and nothing else - no preservatives - no fillers[/B]. Our hamburger buns are made from North American-grown wheat flour. These are the same foods that people buy every day in their local grocery stores."
    The old McDonald's hamburger was a poor choice to prove my point, however it was the first that came to my mind from a while back.

With that said salt is a preservative, and it is used in EXCESSIVE amounts! 1100mg in a quarter pounder with cheese(straight from their website) that is half the recommended intake for one day in one sandwich. Then you factor in the fries(medium 370mg with 1 pkt Ketchup) and a pop(medium 60mg) . I'm not trying to demonize McDonald's or any other fast food chain, food from these places every once and a while wont kill you. However, using them as a constant scapegoat will catch up to you at some point and the symptoms can manifest in countless ways.

A lot of people use the excuse they do not have enough time to make a meal, that's the easy way out. There are a ton of meals you can make in a very short amount of time. Or you can cook for multiple days at a time, then put everything in tupperware and grab n go. I worked full time, went to school part time, got kids to and from school, hit the gym, played softball, and still manage to eat clean. Its priorities, if the want is there you will find a way to make it work. Little changes here and there make a big difference over time. It took me several years to get where I am today in my lifestyle but it was worth it. There are so many simple things, such as making your own taco seasoning rather than using the packets. You cut out the starches, sugars, reduce sodium, and end up with a tastier end product. Authentic Taco Seasoning Authentic Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix - Chef Pablo's Mexican Recipes This is a simple yet much healthier option. This is what I am all about, and how I want to use it to help those who both need and want to change. There is so much that nutrition can prevent or even reverse as far as diseases and ailments go. It should be the first thing addressed rather than pushed off to the back burner while putting a pill in your hand.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom