• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Shot size of 7 1/2 - 9. I would get target loads. Wal-Mart has target loads and Dicks has Gun Club target loads. I wouldn't use hunting loads due to the recoil; it's fine for few shots, but not for 25 shots per round.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    17 braves souls tonight. 12 shooters and the rest came for food and conversation. Only thing that would have made it better - throwing white birds during the snow.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    I guess the word got out. I sat at the top of the hill until about 5:30 last night and no one came. Thanks INGO. We will resume our more than a half century of Thursday Night Trap next Thursday, Feb. 10th. - Mark

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I am the stereotypical broke college student, and other than having earned the Shotgun merit badge, a little inform trap out of the bed of a pickup, and shooting a few rounds of sporting clays I have no experience whatsoever, and no gear to boot. I'm wanting to get into highpower matches, which will zap my tax refund and gun budget pretty completely, and I know the clay sports are pricey, but this really, really looks like a blast.

Is no gear and minimum know-how an issue?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I am the stereotypical broke college student, and other than having earned the Shotgun merit badge, a little inform trap out of the bed of a pickup, and shooting a few rounds of sporting clays I have no experience whatsoever, and no gear to boot. I'm wanting to get into highpower matches, which will zap my tax refund and gun budget pretty completely, and I know the clay sports are pricey, but this really, really looks like a blast.

Is no gear and minimum know-how an issue?

No. You'll need shotgun shells (target loads shot size 7 or higher) and $4 per round (25 shots). We have loaner shotguns and most of the regular shooters don't mind letting you use their shotguns. Let me know when you are planning to come and I'll make sure we have a loaner ready.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    What type of shells do most people shoot for trap? I am interesting in coming once my work schedule slows down some.
    12 gauge Target loads. 2 3/4 or 3 Dram, 1 1/8 oz. or 1 oz., #8 or #7 1/2. Most people shoot Federal Top Gun, Remington Gun Club, Winchester AA, Winchester Super Target, or any number of import shells like Centurian, Rio, etc. Hope to see you there. - Mark

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    I sure wish the weather would stay warm.......... where is al gore?

Al is Jet Setting from somewhere WARM!

Thinking about heading up on Thursday evening this week. I have never been, and I am itching to bust some clays.

I declared March 1st (unofficially of course, as I am no-body) the first day of spring... Trying to trick my psyche. Well, it worked until March 4th...

Looking forward to meeting some new folks thursday night.

Top Bottom