• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    It was 6 am and I had another hour to drive and needed coffee bad. I rarely go to McDonalds so I don't know if this sign is the norm or not. If it is I would have thought I would have heard about it on INGO.

Has anyone else seen this kind of sign on other McDonalds? This was at the Scottsburg store.

Does anyone know if this is corporate policy or is it left up to the individual franchise? I'd like to write to the corporate office and ask what their policy is, any suggestions on how that letter should go?

McDonaldsnohandgunphoto.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yup cause I live in scottsburg (an when they put it up was the last time I ate there), dont say anything about rifles though. perhaps I should OC my AR there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Many (most) McDonald's stores are franchises, so I suppose the owner can make whatever rules he likes. Might hurt business, though!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Does anyone know if this is corporate policy or is it left up to the individual franchise? I'd like to write to the corporate office and ask what their policy is, any suggestions on how that letter should go?

Its a franchise determination.

This was posted 4 weeks ago:
    Hello Allen:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's.

In regards to your inquiry, McDonald's does not have a policy pertaining to the carrying of firearms in restaurants, but do abide by all state and federal regulations pertaining to this. In order to find out about carrying firearms in a restaurant I would recommend you inquire with someone from your local area or government about the state regulations that pertain to this.

Again, thank you for contacting McDonald's. We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again soon under the Golden Arches.

Shyrel
    McDonald's Customer Response Center
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-open-carry-121/179524-mc-donalds-firearms-policies.html

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    How long has that sign been there? Have you questioned it?

Since they remodeled the store like almost a year ago. An no it would be a complete waste of my time. Like I said i know them, they are the type that do not wish to here others political view if you know what I mean.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Since they remodeled the store like almost a year ago. An no it would be a complete waste of my time. Like I said i know them, they are the type that do not wish to here others political view if you know what I mean.

I posted that question, at the same time you were posting the answer. I know it won't change their mind, but I do believe I am going to write a letter to the manager and let him know he will not be receiving any more patronage from me. But like I said, I can't remember the last time I was in McDonalds...but I needed coffee and your Wendy's and Arby's were closed. :(

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I posted that question, at the same time you were posting the answer. I know it won't change their mind, but I do believe I am going to write a letter to the manager and let him know he will not be receiving any more patronage from me. But like I said, I can't remember the last time I was in McDonalds...but I needed coffee and your Wendy's and Arby's were closed. :(

If you want the owners name (Pm me if you want it, no need in blasting the man over the net), but i know some of my gun buddies here talked with them an pretty much said they would have accomplished more by talking to the sign its self. Yea I know Wendys got hit by lightning about a month ago an caught on fire :(, cant wait till they get it up an going again. I like their food better than Mcdonalds anyway.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Seeing as handguns are prohibited, its interesting that they don't allow armed police officers.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Did you leave a "no gun = no money" card and asked them (from outside yelling) where was the nearest Burger King restaurant?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hmm I guess no more Scottsburg McDonalds for me. I will have to eat at Wendys next door. SGreen do they own any more of the local franchises. No gun no money.

Top Bottom