• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    People still think that the Republicans are the RINOs, when in fact they are the Republican party. Anyone else calling themselves a Republican would be the RINO.
    RINO is a term that has over time developed a meaning completely divorced from the original acronym.

I think whoever coined the acronym was under the pleasant delusion that the majority of Republicans were principled, courageous men willing to take a hard line against the left on important issues, and thus coined the term "RINO" to refer to the small minority who called themselves Republicans to get votes, but cuddled right up with the Democrats whenever it came time to vote on legislation. Unfortunately, that person was confused at to which was the minority, and which was the real representation of the party.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I pray you never need anything.
    As I stated in another post. Family is the first line. Then extended family. Taxpayers should be last in line to provide aid and it should be minimal. If you don’t think it’s right to push the disadvantaged on to existing family to take care of their needs, then you can’t justify pushing them on the backs of taxpayers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As I stated in another post. Family is the first line. Then extended family. Taxpayers should be last in line to provide aid and it should be minimal. If you don’t think it’s right to push the disadvantaged on to existing family to take care of their needs, then you can’t justify pushing them on the backs of taxpayers.
    Well, there is the economy of scale. One "disadvantaged" person pushed off on a "disadvantaged" family of 2 or 3 is more of a hardship than one "disadvantaged" person pushed off on 100 million (more or less) taxpayers.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Well, there is the economy of scale. One "disadvantaged" person pushed off on a "disadvantaged" family of 2 or 3 is more of a hardship than one "disadvantaged" person pushed off on 100 million (more or less) taxpayers.
    So you’re saying only one disadvantage person will be put on the backs of taxpayers at any one time? What happens when the number of disadvantaged relying on taxpayers cost more per taxpayer than putting that 1 person on the backs of their families? Scale is not a justification to do the wrong thing.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I said 20 years ago I would never see SS in my life. But here we are and check number 2 in the bank. Thank you. Probably collapse soon anyways. SS gone as well as everyone’s savings and 401k. When the dollar collapses $ and stock gone also. Invest all you want and save, won’t matter.

I used to think so as well. As I've gotten older I've realized that they, both democrat and republican, will NEVER let it fail. If they need to raise the SS tax to 7% or 9% or 12% they will so they don't get voted out of office.

The dollar is the strongest currency on the planet - bar none. The dollar will collapse only after the rest of the world has gone to hell in a handbasket, and even then it'll still be stronger than everyone else. We are having the largest industrial growth in over a century, including WWII. We can feed ourselves. We have the cheapest energy prices on the planet. The next century will be the American century.

This is why I think phasing out SS in its current form could gain traction and get passed. It wouldn't scare the retirees or those close to retirement and it would give hope of better returns to the younger generations. It would also reduce the size of the American budget.

Regards,

Doug

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’ve had my own doubts about Jordan. With all the “libs-owning” sound bites in YouTube shorts coming across my feed, nothing gets done. But it’s probably helping him raise campaign money.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Taxpayers should be last in line to provide aid and it should be minimal. If you don’t think it’s right to push the disadvantaged on to existing family to take care of their needs, then you can’t justify pushing them on the backs of taxpayers.
    1) the disadvantaged
    2) PUSH the disadvantage
    3) Pushing then on the backs of taxpayers.

I find it interesting that people in need are pushed onto others. The disadvantaged are pushed onto others.

Once again, I pray you never become needy, become disadvantaged; being pushed along on people who do not want you, people like yourself.

The answer is simple. YOU do not have to help anyone. When the time comes, and I pray it never does, you can decline help, assistance, guidance, a can of peas, discount in a procedure for you family. I truly hope you ever have to depend on anyone but yourself.

All in all, you make it sound like it’s bad to be in need and God forbid, ask you for any help.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I said 20 years ago I would never see SS in my life. But here we are and check number 2 in the bank. Thank you. Probably collapse soon anyways. SS gone as well as everyone’s savings and 401k. When the dollar collapses $ and stock gone also. Invest all you want and save, won’t matter.
    Part of the reason that I'm in an employee-owned (ESOP) company. Yes, part of my retirement is in a 401(K). But most of it is in my own (private) company's valuation.

And at the end of the day, I can consider myself extra fortunate that I'll have a marketable skill set that depends much more on cognitive ability than on physical prowess. I don't mind work. I like being productive. If I have to work until the day I die just to survive, I'm confident I can do it.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So by your definition, that's like what, 94% RINOs in the House?
    :rolleyes:
    Sounds about right to me. Though it could easily be 100%. Some are good at throwing red meat. I'm not convinced every single last one of them isn't part of the Inside the Beltway Uniparty.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    1) the disadvantaged
    2) PUSH the disadvantage
    3) Pushing then on the backs of taxpayers.

I find it interesting that people in need are pushed onto others. The disadvantaged are pushed onto others.

Once again, I pray you never become needy, become disadvantaged; being pushed along on people who do not want you, people like yourself.

The answer is simple. YOU do not have to help anyone. When the time comes, and I pray it never does, you can decline help, assistance, guidance, a can of peas, discount in a procedure for you family. I truly hope you ever have to depend on anyone but yourself.

All in all, you make it sound like it’s bad to be in need and God forbid, ask you for any help.
    I have no issues with any level of voluntary support or help to those in need. I have issue with forced help by the government when they make no attempt to force families of those in need to provide that help first.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Just throwing this out there.

For less than $100-$200 a month, almost anyone could get a combo of Critical Illness, Disability, and life insurance policies with living benefits to cover most of the unforeseen.
    Not as easy as you think. Just turned down (2nd time) for STD because I had broken my collarbone earlier this year. First broken bone ever. But they denied me flat out. First time I was denied was because I (at the time) was on depression meds and seeing a therapist.

Insurance companies are the devil. Fight me.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Not as easy as you think. Just turned down (2nd time) for STD because I had broken my collarbone earlier this year. First broken bone ever. But they denied me flat out. First time I was denied was because I (at the time) was on depression meds and seeing a therapist.

Insurance companies are the devil. Fight me.
    STD = short term disability?

That’s some employer sponsored insurance plan, correct?

I’m talking about private plans that you pay for outside of your employer. Where you can see the exact underwriting requirements that could something to be approved or denied.

Stop buying insurance products through your employers.

They’re sub-par and rarely can you take them when you leave.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    STD = short term disability?

That’s some employer sponsored insurance plan, correct?

I’m talking about private plans that you pay for outside of your employer. Where you can see the exact underwriting requirements that could something to be approved or denied.

Stop buying insurance products through your employers.

They’re sub-par and rarely can you take them when you leave.
    First one was through employer. We use the wife's insurance as a teacher which is marginally better. Any plan outside of that is $1500+ per month. Second one was a standalone company (I've forgotten the name at this point. Anger occasionally makes me rage quit). It was going to be a little over $100/ month.

EDIT: just went back through my emails and can't find it anymore.

Top Bottom