• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    True, but history has taught us that what we Americans are living now is likely better than most of what all humans before have ever lived. It is beyond illogical to think there is anything but the slimmest of chances burning it down begets something better…
    If you believe in MAGA, America First, American exceptionalism, then comparing Americans to humans is irrelevant to the discussion.

Are YOU as an AMERiCAN better off?

Draining the Swamp implied to me, that it would get worse before it got better because there would be some pain involved in dismantling the "system".

Did you see it otherwise?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you believe in MAGA, America First, American exceptionalism, then comparing Americans to humans is irrelevant to the discussion.

Are YOU as an AMERiCAN better off?

Draining the Swamp implied to me, that it would get worse before it got better because there would be some pain involved in dismantling the "system".

Did you see it otherwise?
    Draining the swamp, burning it down, and living independent of any kind or organized government are not the same.

Draing the swamp will not be without its pain, but those words were not in the conversation I was in, until you added them…

TheTrooper

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Realityville, IN
    Along with the WEF, Trump is fully endorsing McCarthy. He endorses McCarthy as fully as he is still endorsing the operation warp speed clot shots that are currently still killing and maiming millions over the world.

McCarthy/Clot Shot 2023
    "Because we care"

PS: McCarthy looks/acts like another fully controlled swamp sodomite to me. Think single/childless Lindsey Graham.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    True, but history has taught us that what we Americans are living now is likely better than most of what all humans before have ever lived. It is beyond illogical to think there is anything but the slimmest of chances burning it down begets something better…
    You won't know unless you have the stones to try.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I despise the swamp, but if this protest holds out, all that happens is the swamp creatures change the rules and "install" him with simple majority.

Let him have the position...then "Boehner" him. It requires little fish who are willing to sacrifice committee positions and leadership PAC money to undermine their own speaker and "frag" him. Make him sorry he got the job in the first place.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ready to accept worse to get better. Not everyone's idea of that path is the same.
    What guarantees do you have this will happen? None. Odds are it will Be bad.

This is another type of normalcy bias, it always has been good we can burn it down and restart and get the same results as the founders did. What the founders did was an anomaly in the history of humans.

Heck, they can’t even elect a conservative speaker. How the heck is there going to be a new constitutional convention to create a new constitution that has better protection than we have now?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Draining the swamp, burning it down, and living independent of any kind or organized government are not the same.

Draing the swamp will not be without its pain, but those words were not in the conversation I was in, until you added them…
    except I won't abide by your definitions. Definitions should be agreed upon.

What does burn it down look like vs pain? Neither of us can throw those terms around and expect anyone else to know what we mean.

Does burn it down mean tearing up the constitution and starting all over?

Is wanting term limits burning it down?

Is doing away with executive agencies burning it down?

Is wanting one Republican in leadership over another burning it down?

The whole house leadership thing to me is like a primary, and it seems to me you want me to now vote for Todd Young in the Primary.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Do you believe Americans should accept living better than other humans as a sign of success or should we believe that the next generation living better than the generation living now is the definition of the American dream?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    going to go start cooking my hot dogs to mix with my mac n cheese because I live so much better than anyone else! :)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    My life must be way better than yours, I have no desire to burn it all down. (Which to me means destroying our government and constitution to start all over again.)
    Well, fine, the term can mean that to you when you hear us say it but that doesn't mean it means that to us.
    You know what I mean?

Who says it has to go clear to the constitution?
    I think many people just use the term to mean 'un' intrench the intrenched, start with new servant leadership. Destroy the two party system. Make lobbyists get actual jobs, hopefully trashmen or ditchdiggers.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    There is a conservative movement, one that is gaining power, that is what this fight is all about. It seems like some here are looking for a perfect movement, not the actual ugly kind that is reality.

90% of all people cannot survive long term without some organized government, including you and most on INGO. If one lives in cities or suburbs they are toast without government, whether we like to admit it or not. Most get their most basic need, water, from the government. Government also handles the sewage and security, more basic needs for the overcrowded.
    I can only hope the movement is real, but the midterms seem to reflect it was exaggerated at best.
    I get that government takes care of a lot. My point was simply that federal government is failing more than often. Local government should contain most of the governing power. Feds should exist mainly to defend for wars. But in the 20th century that concept was lost.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There's a problem that I see here and that is no one from the conservative side has stepped forward and embraced taking on the job. Jim Jordan doesn't want it. Those from the conservative side such as Matt Gatz and Chip Roy have only nominated others. They don't even want the job.

They want change but no one at this point has taken a step forward. I see that Chip Roy has nominated Byron Donalds. Another of the conservative hold outs. I certainly would like to see Donalds take a step forward.

Last edited:

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    My life must be way better than yours, I have no desire to burn it all down. (Which to me means destroying our government and constitution to start all over again.)
    Mike I generally agree with you but this time brother.....I'm glad the Founding Father's didn't feel that way.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a strong constitutionalist, however I don't see this house speakership issue weakening the Constitution.
    I'd love to see the administrative state knocked down to what is spelled out in our Constitution...just the basics.

Top Bottom