GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My Preacher is from Shreveport, LA. Moved to Hammond when he was super young.

But he called a pastor buddy of his who has pastored down there for 50 years.

He’s a personal friend of Mike Johnson.

Says he’s the real deal.
    Our pastor lived in La for several years. He told me tonight he personally knows him (has his cell number), their kids are friends, etc. He too spoke highly of him tonight.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Don't they all? At least those in the running. Experience isn't everything. McCarthy is experienced enough. What experience gets you in DC is membership in the swamp, it seems.
    Experience gets you a Mitch McConnell, someone who can play the rules of the chamber and its traditions and arcana like a master to exercise control of his unruly and fractious brethren

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Though I wish it had been Jim Jordan as Speaker, we could do a LOT worse than Mike Johnson.
    I'm willing to give him a chance.

I agree, but Johnson's perception is more mild mannered.

The more info that comes out on him, the more I think we will all like him.

Seemingly, we had to go through all the votes and other crap we did to get the pressure on to all of the Republicans to vote Johnson in.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree, but Johnson's perception is more mild mannered.

The more info that comes out on him, the more I think we will all like him.

Seemingly, we had to go through all the votes and other crap we did to get the pressure on to all of the Republicans to vote Johnson in.
    All I know about Johnson comes from the "...owns Democrats" videos that show up in my Youtube feed. I really enjoyed the one where he "owned" Swallowwell. Nothing ever comes from all this owning, but it sure is entertaining.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just thought of something. So with someone I don’t hate as speaker, my thoughts drift to a what-if scenario.

What if, Joe and Kamala decided to sneak off in Joe’s Corvette to getsome…eh, we’ll just say “ice cream”. Joe makes a wrong turn and ends up in the middle of a pro-HAMAS protest mob blocking the streets. Things get violent, and, it’s not wishful thinking, but Joe Nd Kamala don’t make it.

Johnson gets sworn in as McCarthy seethes in bitter anger towards Matt Gaetz for depriving him of this fortuitous unearned presidency.

First day Johnson reverses all of Biden’s EO’s. The economy comes roaring back and people forget all about ClownWorld™.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thomas Massie (R - Kentucky).
    I have no idea what he was thinking.
    Conservative Review rates him A 96%.
    It makes no sense.
    Here's what he says on Twitter

Massie leans pretty libertarian. Short of his own words explaining it, I don’t know what explains it.

He’s in the freedom caucus. Israel certainly isn’t all blameless. But it doesn’t come anywhere close to justifying what HAMAS did.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I just thought of something. So with someone I don’t hate as speaker, my thoughts drift to a what-if scenario.

What if, Joe and Kamala decided to sneak off in Joe’s Corvette to getsome…eh, we’ll just say “ice cream”. Joe makes a wrong turn and ends up in the middle of a pro-HAMAS protest mob blocking the streets. Things get violent, and, it’s not wishful thinking, but Joe Nd Kamala don’t make it.

Johnson gets sworn in as McCarthy seethes in bitter anger towards Matt Gaetz for depriving him of this fortuitous unearned presidency.

First day Johnson reverses all of Biden’s EO’s. The economy comes roaring back and people forget all about ClownWorld™.
    Sounds like you are advocating assassination, albeit discretely. I have reported you to the secret service

May God have mercy on your soul

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Slow down on the drinking…

Top Bottom