• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think Trump has not articulated that message enough. I'm not gonna disparage him for not being able to effectively deal with the media noise. But that's what has to happen.

And as this relates to Gaetz, the populists can't allow themselves to be portrayed as just the party of nope. It has to be the party of, "not that, this," and have something to show. What will people gain if we do it the populist way? What is populism?

People are being told it's the path to Hitler. In reality, it's more like what you said. It's trying to deliver a government of, by and for the people. That's essentially what populism is. It's the fulfillment of the promised constitutional republic.

In contrast, elitism is not that. It's Oligarchic. It's not representative. It's not democratic. It's the rule of the few over the many. But TPTB have retconned it to make them the good guys and populists the bad guys.
    The guidance of history is that populist leaders are sometimes self-serving, and that must be guarded against, as well as that the entrenched powers will always fight populism and try to paint it as chaotic and dangerous when it really is just another form of change

Speaking of which, now that Gaetz has served his purpose I'm fine with seeing him put on a short leash by the real players in this drama

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The guidance of history is that populist leaders are sometimes self-serving, and that must be guarded against, as well as that the entrenched powers will always fight populism and try to paint it as chaotic and dangerous when it really is just another form of change
    That's true of any leader. People are self-serving. Of course having a government of the people would be against the interests of the elites, which is why it's never really worked that way. I think populism, at least what I think it means, is the original intent. So it's not new, but it is a form of change from what it is now.

Powerful people squealing like pigs because their gravy train might leave them.

Speaking of which, now that Gaetz has served his purpose I'm fine with seeing him put on a short leash by the real players in this drama

I'm not sure he's gained anything.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not sure he's gained anything.
    He's showed those so inclined that retribution is possible and that betrayal can have consequences without the world immediately ending

Jury's still out on what has been accomplished

Edit: It's like a bus full of community organizers running off a cliff, it's a good start

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hey, there was a rule saying DeSantis couldn't remain governor and simultaneously run for president, and that got 'fixed'

Where there's a will there's a way
    Hence why I allowed for that when I said, "unless the GOP conference wants to change the rules."

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So who’s the next speaker? Jordan or Trump? Jordan put his bid in and Trump said he would do it if they needed him.

Put in Trump, and start the impeachment process.

The most hail marry chaotic thing that could ever be possible in politics, and it'd be the funniest thing in our nation's history.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I love the RINO term nowadays. You can sink a prominent fundraiser, leader, and messenger with democrats at your side and call people a RINO.

You can stand with a self-centered billionaire with a questionable record on core conservative issues and call his haters RINOs.

The people who use it are the once who seem most hell bent on losing the White House in 24 and throwing any political momentum in the trash.

Gaetz and the influencer crowed need to be expelled from the party. We have too many people who have zero strategy, zero thinking, and just demands to move forward. This is how Biden can survive a terrible cycle.
    Staying uninvolved in wars where the American people have no compelling interest at stake is one of the. Original. Core conservative issues.

McCarthy was not going to fundraise Joe Biden out of office. He was going to help safeguard his crackhead son's business interests, in exchange for remaining the last Republican in California (...before Tech Oligarchs and Sacramento environmental activists built a wall around it and started checking papers at Checkpoint Charlie).

That's the essence of what a RINO is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He's showed those so inclined that retribution is possible and that betrayal can have consequences without the world immediately ending

Edit: It's like a bus full of community organizers running off a cliff, it's a good start
    He’s showed them they need to get rid of him. I’m not sure he’ll get the same constraints on the next guy that they got on McCarthy. I think there’s a perception that Scalise doesn’t need it.!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So who’s the next speaker? Jordan or Trump? Jordan put his bid in and Trump said he would do it if they needed him.
    It aint gonna be Trump. A handfull of House members would vote for him. Everyone hates Jordan too. He hasn’t paid his dues. I think it might be Scalise. He’d have the seniority to get support. I suspect he isn’t hated by the freedom caucus. He seems to be liked by the neocons. We’ll see.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Language warning...

“…you ****ers…”

Dude’s pissed. But I’ll tell you. Republicans need to figure out what it means to be a Republican and stick to it. If it’s establishment, the party can burn. If they want to build something good. Fine. Lets get to it then.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Language warning...

Not difficult to identify who McCarthy promised stuff to, is it?

Dude wraps himself in the "Ghosts of Normandy" in defense of precisely which value? Liberty? Nah..."Order." "Order" is what he's pissed about.

That's the sound of somebody whose gravy train just rolled out, and whose pocketful of "IOUs" is now worthless. He's mad because he's going to have to get his kneepads back out for somebody new and wait his turn again.

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I don't disagree that it's a good start, but I don't know that it showed anything other than 208 Dems, with their own agenda, thought it would be a fun exercise, and maybe somehow advance their schemes. I'm reluctant to celebrate much, knowing that there's 210 Repubs who saw no merit in it.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Heard talk today Trump can not do it while indicted for however many felonies hes being indicted for. They said even just one would bar him from being speaker.

**Edit- according to Tim Pool, he can run for speaker. ** :dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom