• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    so im goin to b putting these on my ar as backup to my new eotech. i have seen a set of these on ebay for 25$. now i know they make some of these for airsoft. but the seller does not designate them for airsoft, and the pics on ebay show them on a real AR style rifle, couple pics actually. are these knock ofss or what???? does anyone know more about these that can let me know if there knockoffs?? thanks everyone.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i plan on goin to bradis next week for there big sale to pick up a set. i was just curious when i saw them on ebay. i know there are acog and eotech cheap clones on ther just wasnt sure about these. but i gues i should have known they were knockoffs when they said they were being shipped out of hong kong...lol thanks

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Hard telling without the link. My guess is it's some Chi-com knock off turd, or their airsoft line. There is a ton of fake Magpul gear out there, so it might be safe to buy from a reputable vendor.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    To be honest, I would stray away from the MBUS.
    I had a set and just didn't want to trust plastic as the sighting system of my rifle..

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    To be honest, I would stray away from the MBUS.
    I had a set and just didn't want to trust plastic as the sighting system of my rifle..

Did you have any problem with the sights or should we just avoid it because you didn't want to trust it?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    As a backup sight, I like the Magpul MBUS. I probably won't be as hard on my rifle as jeremy or a couple other guys would be but if it ends up breaking, I know to go a different direction on my next build and the ones after that. If it doesn't break, $57 from Magpul isn't terrible.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i dnt really mind if mbus sights r plastic, as im not goin to b that hard on my rifle. just want some iron sights in case my eotech is functioning at the time. dead batteries n such

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The MBUS set I ran on a rifle busted rather quickly, but Magpul was good about replacing them. To be fair, if it can break, it will with me running the gun. I personally only run something beefier like Troy, Samson, Matech, etc......

Top Bottom