• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I just saw a brief clip of him giving a speech about gun laws. I guess IL residents are trying to overturn the ban on handguns? They are taking it to DC?

Anyone have info?

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    Daley is a complete blow hard, as corupt as they come.

Supreme Court is being asked to re-evaluate the NRA vs. Chicago case.

NRA.org has a vid of the story. Search Chicago gun ban

NRA

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There is a current case set to be heard by the US Supreme Court on 02 MAR 10 on City of Chicago vs. ??? in reagrds to using the heller decision from last year and incorporating the 2A via the 14A to the states.

NRA v. Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Daley is against it and the city attys have told him that they probably will not win the case.

ps.
    A decision is expected later this year and I hope that the supreme court rules against the city.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I thought the law was no guns period in the city of Chicago. That's why no one ever gets shot in that city.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Didn't see the specific interview that you're talking about, but I think it's probably concerning McDonald VS Illinois or the city of Chicago. (I forget if it's city or state.) McDonald is the name of an older gentlemen that's fighting for the right carry his handguns. If they, (He and his legal team.) win it will potentially undo the strict gun laws in the Chicago/ Illinois area and from there to any other hold out cities. (Like New York.)
    The recent overturn of DC is different matter as DC is federal Juristiction (Sp) not a local city. So the DC win means that the federal goverment can't infringe on your second amendment right. This legal battle if won will state that neither can a local goverment infringe on the same right.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Didn't see the specific interview that you're talking about, but I think it's probably concerning McDonald VS Illinois or the city of Chicago. (I forget if it's city or state.) McDonald is the name of an older gentlemen that's fighting for the right carry his handguns. If they, (He and his legal team.) win it will potentially undo the strict gun laws in the Chicago/ Illinois area and from there to any other hold out cities. (Like New York.)
    The recent overturn of DC is different matter as DC is federal Jurisdiction (Sp) not a local city. So the DC win means that the federal government can't infringe on your second amendment right. This legal battle if won will state that neither can a local government infringe on the same right.

That is my understanding. And the political fallout will be so awesome. This has the potential to unseat King Daley.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The part I caught was something along the lines of....When our founding fathers wrote the consitution, I don't think they imagined these types of guns on the streets...

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    The part I caught was something along the lines of....When our founding fathers wrote the consitution, I don't think they imagined these types of guns on the streets...

They always use that line. The founding fathers may have lived in the 18 century but they were not technology ignorant. Franklin alone invented a ton of stuff in his lifetime. I saw somewhere that the british could have used a lever action type gun in the War of Independence but decided not to invest in it.
    Like today all armies back then were in constant pursuit of better weaponry and more firepower. They even had crude machine guns. The founding fathers could have foreseen that weapons we have today. Knowing all well what a corrupt gov could do with that technology. I know right now there isn't a space craft capable of easily taking humans all the way to Pluto, but I know in the future there probably will be.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond

This is the dumbest argument of all time. If you wanted a direct translation using this argument

Then: All citizens were able to own muzzleloading rifles and pistols, the most sophisticated weaponry at that time

Now:All citizens should be able to own fully automatic m4's, SAW's, and G18's.

I can't wait for the rant Daley gives once SCOTUS sides with McDonald.:ar15::ar15::ar15:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I thought the law was no guns period in the city of Chicago. That's why no one ever gets shot in that city.

It is ONLY handguns that are ban within the City of Chicago limits and ONLY handguns that were not registered before the day the ordinance passed. Long guns are OK for residents to have. The "few" handguns that are still registered are OK within the house/property of the owner ONLY. I saw few becuase the ordinance was written in such a way that if you "Joe" registered the gun and then you "Joe" passed away, none of your family members could then have possession of the gun within the city since they did not regsiter the gun. So your family either gives up the gun to the city or your family moves out.

The PRO-2A is using the agrument of incorporation of 2A via the 14A since other BoRs have already been incorporated to the states via 14A.

If this occurs it will be a HUGE victory for 2A since it will solidify the legal notion that 2A is for all citizens within the USA period!

Now granted even if Chicago losses they will go the route that DC has gone which will mean don't expect guns in the city any time soon.

DC has huge registeration process to get a gun registered for a resident. Plus only CERTAIN handguns basied off a list from CA (no 10+ magz, etc..) are allowed in the city. Chicago will most likely go this route and follow the DC "new regs" which will mean it will be close to impossible (not impossible) to get a handgun in th city for the residents.

The new DC regulations are being challeneged by Heller again and that case is on it's way to the supreme court as well. Porbably next year.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is the dumbest argument of all time. If you wanted a direct translation using this argument

Then: All citizens were able to own muzzleloading rifles and pistols, the most sophisticated weaponry at that time

Now:All citizens should be able to own fully automatic m4's, SAW's, and G18's.

I can't wait for the rant Daley gives once SCOTUS sides with McDonald.:ar15::ar15::ar15:

But you are using LOGIC & REASON which he does not use. Those just get in the way of FEAR and SENSATIONALISM which is what wins elections! Who cares about facts. Facts don't get you votes.

If we all handguns on the streets it will be the wild wild west! Handguns kill people. We need more gun control laws to stop all this senceless killing. Think of the children! Our children are in danger.
    :rolleyes:

You can't win against a lib. They will continue to move the "goal line" and change the rules. ;)

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    In Chicago, you can have guns, but they had to be grandfathered in and you have to register them every year. Miss one year and you now have an illeagal firearm in your possesion.

New guns are not allowed.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    In Chicago, you can have guns, but they had to be grandfathered in and you have to register them every year. Miss one year and you now have an illeagal firearm in your possesion.

New guns are not allowed.

Unless you are "Mr. Mell" (the ex-governor's father-in-law), then you can have a special law passed allowing you to re-register once the time limit was up and you didn't renew. (Yep, he forgot to re-register his guns in time. The police wouldn't allow him to do it (Shock!), so he got the bill passed. :xmad:)

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County

Right, because Daley knows exactly what they were thinking. I guess it's just crazy that we have a document that was created over two hundred years ago that was written so well, (and not in an ambiguous way) that it still is applicable to modern times and is often times referred to as a "living constitution" because of its ability to disseminate what is and what is not an infringement of a free man's rights.

Daley is a douche bag. Sorry if I offend. But, he is. I think he has done some great things for the city as far as redevelopment of dilapidated areas. Of course, he did so with the use of corruption. But, the city has improved.

And with respect to their gun laws, I honestly feel bad for the people of Illinois. I feel bad for people who want to have the same freedoms we have in Indiana. And it is incredibly sad that the city of Chicago and the politicians from that area, have enough votes that they dictate what is best for them as being best for the state as a whole. I love the city, I love the White Sox, and it's hard to think of Chicago without Daley as mayor, but he has got to go. He is representing only part of the people and not all. And he does so, blindly. Like I said, he is a douche bag. :ingo:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Daley will find a way to obstruct all this and I doubt if the Obama Administration will try to stop him. Eventually if the Supremes so rule Daley will lose. It reminds me of all the Illegal Immigration laws that are overlooked in Sanctuary cities, yet the feds let it go for years and years.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Shortshanks bulldozed Miegs field and nobody did a thing at the federal level when they would have arrested and jailed anybody else. He will have the city machine lawyers parse the language to get what he wants. The Chicago way.:rolleyes:

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    the city will find a way to dance around the constitution as they have in the past and it seems the SCOTUS cannot do a thing about it. ultimately, they will write into the law that the city has the power to restrict weapons being carried in public but will allow homeowners and businesses to possess them. daley is in the most perfect city to obstruct the laws of our nation. the north side liberal(very, very liberal) crowd fears they will be bullied by law-abiding gun owners and view them as barbarians so they don't want the city to be free and the south side is made up of a crowd of sheep that will only follow when you give them what they want(welfare and city jobs so they don't have to really work) and will riot and claim racial injustice when they don't get what they want. os daley has the north side liberals and the south side sheep that will follow whatever he says as long as they get the goods. besides, the north side don't want guns and the south side don't want honest homeowners to have guns.

Top Bottom