Mayor Daley and Serbian police visit the Indy 1500 gun show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Gwinn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    In his interview with Bill Cameron on WLS on Nov. 2nd, Mayor Daley said that he took the Chief of Police from Belgrade (Serbia, not Montana) to "a gun show down in Indianapolis." He said the Serbian police official was horrified by the fun show and couldn't believe that ordinary citizens could just buy "ammo, and AK-47s, and .357 Magnums." Daley further claimed that his Serbian guest asked him which enemy was about to invade the U.S.
    The interview is here, but be warned--the interviewer is a Chicago news veteran who describes Daley's father as a "political folk hero." Don't expect anything but fawning.
    The Big 89, Where Chicago Comes To Talk
    The talk about gun rights begins at 19:55.

I'm really just wondering whether any of my Indiana friends can confirm that Daley and his Serbian buddy were at an Indianapolis fun show recently. He did not specify the Indy 1500, but he did specifically mention Indianapolis.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    ...He said the Serbian police official was horrified by the fun show and couldn't believe that ordinary citizens could just buy "ammo, and AK-47s, and .357 Magnums." Daley further claimed that his Serbian guest asked him which enemy was about to invade the U.S.

Oh, only ones that are already here (or soon will be) under our own government and the UN.. That is - in the eyes of American patriots/sheepdogs.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    In his interview with Bill Cameron on WLS on Nov. 2nd, Mayor Daley said that he took the Chief of Police from Belgrade (Serbia, not Montana) to "a gun show down in Indianapolis." He said the Serbian police official was horrified by the fun show and couldn't believe that ordinary citizens could just buy "ammo, and AK-47s, and .357 Magnums." Daley further claimed that his Serbian guest asked him which enemy was about to invade the U.S.
    The interview is here, but be warned--the interviewer is a Chicago news veteran who describes Daley's father as a "political folk hero." Don't expect anything but fawning.
    The Big 89, Where Chicago Comes To Talk
    The talk about gun rights begins at 19:55.

I'm really just wondering whether any of my Indiana friends can confirm that Daley and his Serbian buddy were at an Indianapolis fun show recently. He did not specify the Indy 1500, but he did specifically mention Indianapolis.

Haha, that's rich - Boss Daley parading around a foreign official here in our fair state at a show and being commended for it by the media?

I count no fewer than five things wrong with that situation.

Setting aside the perhaps most disturbing one (why the hell is Richard Daley visiting in our fair State?) what is the "good" mayor up to in even keeping in contact with Serbian officials?

I really think the lede was misprinted, but instead should read:

'One crook complains to another crook about supposed crooks.'

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Haha, that's rich - Boss Daley parading around a foreign official here in our fair state at a show and being commended for it by the media?

I count no fewer than five things wrong with that situation.

Setting aside the perhaps most disturbing one (why the hell is Richard Daley visiting in our fair State?) what is the "good" mayor up to in even keeping in contact with Serbian officials?
    Agreed :yesway:

evansvillethompsongunner said:
    I really think the lede was misprinted, but instead should read:

'One crook complains to another crook about supposed crooks.'
    :laugh:

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    I was at he show all 3 days as a vendor. There was an announcement that the Indy mayor was there to meet the public, but no mention of Richie showing up. I think he would have been hard to miss. I sincerely doubt he travels without a huge entourage.

If I get a chance, I'll ring up the shows promoters to see what they know. I wouldn't at all be surprised if this were fiction. Of course, Richie wouldn't take the official to a gun show in IL because we all know THAT states gun laws are perfect and wouldn't allow such a display.......

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I lived in Chicago three years. I know shortshanks as I've seen him in the flesh a couple of times and on television a bunch.

I've never seen him at the Indy 1500. I'd love to know the date and year.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    A Serbian, given their recent past, is going to speak about the need for self protection from the state?

His country is filled with mass graves.
    His leaders are in the Hague on trial for war crimes against civilians.
    His nation was one we were bombing ourselves not long ago
    His army committed atrocities uncommon even in modern war.

He is going to come here and speak to us about what a civil society looks like and what the body politic needs to have for their own survival.

I have one word:

Srebrenica

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Shortshanks has a way of sliding down to Indy every now and then which makes me wonder who he has a handle on here. I can't believe that he actually walked around the show, more likely he observed it from out of sight assuming the story is true at all.:rolleyes:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    So Mayor Daley wants us to be more like Serbia?

I suppose Chicago is well on the way then.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Yeah, Richie and his bodyguards, entourage and some Serbian big shot walk around the tables and no one there knows it. Yeah, I believe that one.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, well, NO ONE can confirm he was there.So why aren't we calling this base tard out for what he is and flooding the news agency with letters about what a crook of :poop: that reporter is full of?!?!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ok, well, NO ONE can confirm he was there.So why aren't we calling this base tard out for what he is and flooding the news agency with letters about what a crook of :poop: that reporter is full of?!?!

To a Chicago "news" agency?

Are you familiar with the concept of urinating into a naturally occurring convective air current?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Q: What's the difference between a Serbian Police commander and Mayor Daley

A: One's a fascist authoritarian and the other is Serbian

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So? Just because it's a blatant, outright lie, doesn't me we couldn't expose it somehow. Can you imagine Daley walking all tall and proud boasting about this, but then all of a sudden Indiana gun owners speak out and call him on his bs?

Surely we can get the word out that he's flat out lying and maybe, just maybe, the people of Chicago would be like "Oh, well no :poop:? Guess it's time to vote you out!"....

Maybe I'm dreaming. But what if I'm not?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Q: What's the difference between a Serbian Police commander and Mayor Daley

A: One's a fascist authoritarian and the other is Serbian

Awsome! :yesway:

Just remember we bombed the Serbs to protect the Kosovar Albanians. Reported links to muhjihadin and al -quaida, in addition to human trafficing and drug smuggling are numerous in Kosovo then and now. Of course they're only rumors.... the Kosovars are good muslims:rolleyes:

We did NOT bomb Serbia while they were doing their genocidal campaign in Bosnia.
    Same guy was president for both events.....

Last edited:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I remember one of Daleys armed security detailed captured an escaped convict in Daleys driveway at his vacation home a couple months ago. I guess it's no problem to not have a gun when you have armed security. But for those of us commoners that don't have the security, we may need to protect our own when this happens to us.

I know this to be true. Several years ago when the escaped convicts from Mississippi came to our area they were taken into custody outside my house. I had my gun on as soon as I saw the helicopter 30 feet above my house with a swat member hanging out the side. We were then taken out of our house by swat. I was interviewed by Channel 9 and the reporter never knew I had my gun. She just saw a husband and wife, along with their 3 little children and two month old puppy. So she thought "oh, here are some people that must be scared ". Now had she known I had my gun I don't think she would have some near me.

At a time like this it's no time to be running around asking if anyone has a gun I can borrow real quick...

Besides, in Serbia they take your guns away before you realize you live in Serbia and blow your own brains out.

Top Bottom