Maybe you guys can give me a straight answer...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    I was being mildly facetious.:):

I guess what I am saying is; I know some CLEO's are gun guys, and some aren't. I also know each person reacts differently to a different approach, responds differently to different things, etc. I doubt a rural county Sheriff is going to see the need for all of his deputies to be equipped with select fire rifles or something, but I reckon if he's a gun guy he'd still be interested in checking them out...:):

So, demo letters have to list specific makes and models you are going to receive in, quantity, etc, and then the CLEO signs off on it if he's ok with it?

mjrducky is right... Yes it's specific make and model... And Quantity is 1... There are possible exceptions for very large departments IF you can document that you are demoing to the entire department at the same time... And then it would be 2... The CLEO doesn't just "sign off" like a Form 4... A demo letter is a letter from the CLEO or other officer with decision making authority on department letterhead. It will include

• a statement that the demonstrated weapon will be used by officers in performance of official duties
    • The number of sworn full time officers in department
    • The firearm requested for demonstration is particularly suitable for use as a law enforcement weapon and why

As you can see, it's not just a matter of getting a "sign off"... I don't think you will find many CLEO's willing to take a chance with the ATF by not following through with an actual demo...

Top Bottom