• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    Due to the holidays I will have to work the next two IPDA matches at Red Brush. How many go to the WSSC to their match? I am just looking for some more options so I do not miss two months. I can not afford to miss any practice if you look at my scores.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Due to the holidays I will have to work the next two IPDA matches at Red Brush. How many go to the WSSC to their match? I am just looking for some more options so I do not miss two months. I can not afford to miss any practice if you look at my scores.

I'll be at the WSSC this Saturday barring anything odd. June won't see an IDPA match from WSSC due to a near week long deal with NCOWS or SASS, I can't remember which.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

I encourage everyone to go to WSSC! :rockwoot:They put on a great match there last month, especially for just starting out. It is a shorter match (4 COFs last month, I think 5 this month). Regulars from Redbrush at WSSC last month were: Scott Hurt, Donald Fisher, Mike, myself, Jesse Raes and his Dad (I think) and Barb Young along with three or four who are organizing it there. Lots of new shooters.

This coming month they will have some stuff we haven't seen at Redbrush such as a zip-line moving targets and some type of target where you hit its knees, target falls, and then you can shoot the body. Sounds like good stuff to me!

Of course, I should say that unfortunately I won't be able to make this one because I've got a wedding to do that day. Come July though, Lord willing, I'll be back out.

In my opinion, we would all do ourselves a favor to support it and let the club see that support. It's good to have another club on board.

ETA: PLUS, you will get to see metal detectors search for brass at the end of the match- where else can you see that?!?:):

Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    Great thanks guys. I am sure I will go at some point. Not sure if I will make it this month or not. I usually go help my Mom on Saturdays, she lives in Vincennes on about 1.5 acres and that is when she gets to see the kids so we just make a day of it. I will get in touch you guys when I know for sure I am going.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

If Steels this Sunday at RB is an option for you it draws a good portion of the IDPA crowd and a lot of other folks as well, a good time and good practice IMHO.
    +1 on WSSC, if I can find the place.

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    If Steels this Sunday at RB is an option for you it draws a good portion of the IDPA crowd and a lot of other folks as well, a good time and good practice IMHO.

Truth! Last year, I shot steel with a rimfire. This year, I plan to use my carry gun just for the practice.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    WSSC, for those that haven't been there, is actually a pretty straight shot. West down the Expressway and right on Peerless Road, through 2 stop signs (one near West Terrace Elementary School entrance and the other 4-way at Upper Mt Vernon and Peerless...then on about 3/4 mile, across the train tracks and immediately turn left right after the tracks...you'll see the sign there.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Yeah, I think TF is right...it's gotta be a West Side thing because there are only about 40 roads out my way that are one thing one side of the highway and another on the other!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    First IDPA outing for me this past Saturday was pretty damn fun, and I hope to return for as many as I can. Thank to Mike for kinda getting me into it in the first place, as well as everyone who was cool about answering noob questions and generally being helpful. I hope to put more names to faces in the future. Also, thanks to Frosty's wife for chatting up my wife while we were doing our thing. Hope everyone hiding in the bush didn't acquire too many ticks there at the end. :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    First IDPA outing for me this past Saturday was pretty damn fun, and I hope to return for as many as I can. Thank to Mike for kinda getting me into it in the first place, as well as everyone who was cool about answering noob questions and generally being helpful. I hope to put more names to faces in the future. Also, thanks to Frosty's wife for chatting up my wife while we were doing our thing. Hope everyone hiding in the bush didn't acquire too many ticks there at the end. :D

Everybody has a first time and that is one of the hardest things you will do. You did really well and glad you had fun!

Glad you had a good time man! Mike and I actually conversed on the VIP channel (otherwise known as email) that all of the noobs did really well and shot pretty clean. Your hardest match is past you, now you can go with the full addiction like the rest of us. :D

I'm the dude that made running a wheelgun and a bottom loader look good.:cool:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Glad you had a good time man! Mike and I actually conversed on the VIP channel (otherwise known as email) that all of the noobs did really well and shot pretty clean. Your hardest match is past you, now you can go with the full addiction like the rest of us. :D

We have had a very good batch of new shooters..there is a lot to learn in a very humbling sport but if a shooter can make it through their first 3 or 4 stages it starts to come together after that and you can then start seeing the courses better and work your supporting skills like moving or reloading to help save time.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I asked Mike if you were TJ, I seemed to remember reading previous month's comments and references to revolver skills showing everyone up, so I figured that had to be you. :draw:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    but if a shooter can make it through their first 3 or 4 stages it starts to come together after that and you can then start seeing the courses better and work your supporting skills like moving or reloading to help save time.

Either that or your brain can turn to jelly every time you hear a timer going off, you can fabricate an infinite number of new ways to keep your level of suck at maximum, and you can start finding yourself curled in a fetal position while waiting for the scores to be posted.
    I know this.
    The thing is though, it is still a lot of fun.

Sorry Mike, it is a full disclosure thing.

Top Bottom