Masks-no discussion needed. Just vote and see where we really are.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mask or no mask

• Total voters

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So you voted, "I believe government should mandate the wearing of masks", even though you don't believe that? :dunno:

Well, there you go, CM, I guess the ice isn't breaking, but some voters just like close election, or something like that... :n00b:

Yeah I know Target in the real. I can see him do this and just for that reason.......Hilarious.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    no, it's not. but I am not sure if they're canceling elective surgeries. a lot of cardiac ICU is elective cases. it's typical during flu season that we have no open ICU beds at my hospital

I have no idea what "enucleated my gluteus" is, but I'm pretty sure it is best achieved with tequila.

Regardless, interesting info. I have kin in the DFW area.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Masks-no discussion needed. Just vote and see where we really are.

I see that "no discussion needed" is only a guideline.

Are you guys pirates by any chance?

81KgazYGyML._AC_SX569_.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, I guess we can shut down the non-discussion part of this, with the new mandate.

So foszoe will like that. :)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    do you think he has the authority to impose a mandate with criminal penalty?

Why can't these guys realize that it's much easier to rally support for a proposition by asking people to comply?

I guess it is understandable for opening schools. Parents believe their kids are special and the rules don't apply.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    do you think he has the authority to impose a mandate with criminal penalty?

I haven't looked at it since March, but I *think* so.

He can use his emergency powers by executive order. IIRC, violating an emergency order can be a low level misdemeanor (B sounds about right) - think of looters going through houses after a flood or something.

And, for the current purposes, let's say he doesn't but everyone acts like he does. Someone (probably doing something stupid) snags the B Mis conviction and challenges it in the courts. That'll take YEARS. My money would be on a vaccine before that gets resolved.

So the immediate problem - the non-mask wearing "troublemaker" - gets solved. The bigger picture issue gets delayed for a long time. Win/win.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I haven't looked at it since March, but I *think* so.

He can use his emergency powers by executive order. IIRC, violating an emergency order can be a low level misdemeanor (B sounds about right) - think of looters going through houses after a flood or something.

And, for the current purposes, let's say he doesn't but everyone acts like he does. Someone (probably doing something stupid) snags the B Mis conviction and challenges it in the courts. That'll take YEARS. My money would be on a vaccine before that gets resolved.

So the immediate problem - the non-mask wearing "troublemaker" - gets solved. The bigger picture issue gets delayed for a long time. Win/win.
    Win for whom?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Waitjustasecondnow.

Point of order: I was asking if there was a motion. If there's no motion, no problem. But if there's a motion, we need to see if there's a second. If there is, the point is then brought forward for discussion regarding the motion for more discussion.

There's nothing to deny at this point!

Top Bottom