• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Established formal ranges are important, they are more than just a place for you to shoot. Buy supporting a range you help the local boy scout troop have a place to shoot. You give instructors a place to teach classes. It's hard to explain, but they are important and we should support them even if we have a place to shoot.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I was denied the first 2 years I mailed in my app, but got in the first year they did the show up and sign up at the club. I can only say you guys/gals are dedicated.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Happy New Year to you all in line. I had considered it and talked it over with my better half and decided that we would wait at least another year to give it a try. I'd love to have a place to shoot more distance than I can at home, but it was not in the cards this year. Stay warm and congratslulations.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm guessing at this point the slots are full and the party is over and 33 new members have probably sent their first lead downrange. Welcome! It's a great place to shoot!!

For the naysayers I can only say that you have no idea what it's like to come and go as you please, not have to worry about some squirrel showing up and sweeping everyone, knowing that it's a well maintained facility that isn't about profit but about providing a safe, enjoyable place to shoot.

The lines are a direct result of INGO and prove it's a top notch facility worthy of the trouble it is to become a member. Now if I can just steal away for a few hours and try out the new M1A on that 300 yard range! 3 liter Faygo bottles fear me!!!!:ar15:;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How did you find out your number in line?????
    There was a guy handing out numbers as people arrived. We all thought he was a board member, but he was just the first guy in line. He did a great job of keeping everyone orderly and organized and OFF the road until 6 p.m.. Now there seems to be some question as to whether that was the intent of the posted rules, but in the end, it went pretty smoothly, thanks in large part to that person and the cooperation of everyone there. Everyone that was in line when the gate opened (maybe 37?) appeared to get in and sign up.

iceman4226

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Bloomington
    There was a guy handing out numbers as people arrived. We all thought he was a board member, but he was just the first guy in line. He did a great job of keeping everyone orderly and organized and OFF the road until 6 p.m.. Now there seems to be some question as to whether that was the intent of the posted rules, but in the end, it went pretty smoothly, thanks in large part to that person and the cooperation of everyone there. Everyone that was in line when the gate opened (maybe 37?) appeared to get in and sign up.
    37????? whats up with that and lining up b4 6:00 was there a set time that you could or could not line up? I don't remember

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis

We all know rules are made to be broken :laugh:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm guessing at this point the slots are full and the party is over and 33 new members have probably sent their first lead downrange. Welcome! It's a great place to shoot!!

For the naysayers I can only say that you have no idea what it's like to come and go as you please, not have to worry about some squirrel showing up and sweeping everyone, knowing that it's a well maintained facility that isn't about profit but about providing a safe, enjoyable place to shoot.

The lines are a direct result of INGO and prove it's a top notch facility worthy of the trouble it is to become a member. Now if I can just steal away for a few hours and try out the new M1A on that 300 yard range! 3 liter Faygo bottles fear me!!!!:ar15:;)

I have a very good idea what's it's like to come and go as you please, not have to worry about some squirrel showing up and sweeping everyone, knowing that it's a well maintained facility that isn't about profit but about providing a safe, enjoyable place to shoot.

BTW, I can reach out to 440 yards and I can walk there from my front door. I just load everything up on the gator instead.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I have a very good idea what's it's like to come and go as you please, not have to worry about some squirrel showing up and sweeping everyone, knowing that it's a well maintained facility that isn't about profit but about providing a safe, enjoyable place to shoot.

BTW, I can reach out to 440 yards and I can walk there from my front door. I just load everything up on the gator instead.
    Not everyone has that luxury that's why places like this exist.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Ladies & Gentlemen....thanks for a smooth operation this AM, the appl. taking and money handling took just 40 minutes and it was a done deal.

New members who made the cut will receive their electronic gate cards on or about Jan 30, 2014 and those cards will remain activated til Jan 30, 2015...so you get a full 12 months of membership. Renewals are sent out in early Nov. giving existing members 6 weeks to get their renewal form and funds sent into the club...those that do NOT renew by our deadline create the pool of new openings Jan 1.

At this time, we have no plans to expand membership number beyond our current 500 family limit...it works for us, existing members love that we are not crowded and it generates sufficient funds to maintain and improve the place. As a privately operated club, we can and do control our own destiny.

As a board we will review the good, the bad and the ugly concerning today's new member process and will again communicate that process on our club website and here on INGO by early Dec. 2014. One thing for sure, next time we will be barricading the short access road from our club gate out to Burton Lane to keep that road open for club members or emergency vehicles getting in and out...it was almost a parking lot this morning and signage alone was ineffective.

Roger for the Board

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ladies & Gentlemen....thanks for a smooth operation this AM, the appl. taking and money handling took just 40 minutes and it was a done deal.

New members who made the cut will receive their electronic gate cards on or about Jan 30, 2014 and those cards will remain activated til Jan 30, 2015...so you get a full 12 months of membership. Renewals are sent out in early Nov. giving existing members 6 weeks to get their renewal form and funds sent into the club...those that do NOT renew by our deadline create the pool of new openings Jan 1.

At this time, we have no plans to expand membership number beyond our current 500 family limit...it works for us, existing members love that we are not crowded and it generates sufficient funds to maintain and improve the place. As a privately operated club, we can and do control our own destiny.

As a board we will review the good, the bad and the ugly concerning today's new member process and will again communicate that process on our club website and here on INGO by early Dec. 2014. One thing for sure, next time we will be barricading the short access road from our club gate out to Burton Lane to keep that road open for club members or emergency vehicles getting in and out...it was almost a parking lot this morning and signage alone was ineffective.

Roger for the Board

Has the idea of a lottery or waiting list ever been considered???

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I would like to see the fact that you posted STARTING AT 6:00PM cars can line up on your website but it appears as though the line was full by 5:00. Butthurt...no, just planned to play by your rules and seems that was a pointless.

DGansert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I would like to thank the board of directors for the great job they did last night and this morning. I am now a member to a fine club that is sure to improve in the future. As a Boy Scout you prepair for the conditions you will be in, if you don't sorry bout your choice not to do so.

Top Bottom