Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club: INGO meet/shoot day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Whatever is done, we should do it with the full blessing of the board. As I understood it, you are able to bring one non-immediate family guest while you are there. If that is the case, and we can buddy up, then I would assume we can do it. However, we should still check in just to be sure. I do not desire to violate any club policies, express or implied, in any way.

-Calvin

I know you can bring a guest, that guest, only once and then they have to apply for membership if they want.

If we have enough interest I'm gonna email the board and give a heads up/permission request to 'bombard' the range with shooters on a given Sat. to make sure they are aware, OK with it.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I know you can bring a guest, that guest, only once and then they have to apply for membership if they want.

If we have enough interest I'm gonna email the board and give a heads up/permission request to 'bombard' the range with shooters on a given Sat. to make sure they are aware, OK with it.
    I'm not sure I would use the word "bombard" in your request. :dunno:

Seriously though, why do they have a 500 member limit? Is it because of the size of the range, or does it get so crowded sometimes, it's lent to safety? I have heard some here say they go and there is no body there the whole time they visit. And the other thing that doesn't make sense, if you go as a visitor with another member, and you like it, you can't go back until the next year, and that's only if they allow your membership.

This range seems like a legitimate business model to me? :dunno:

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I would recommend talking to the board about hosting the event without any guest fees-- think of it as "try out the club for a day" marketing.

I heard that MCFG has had MANY folks become members after various INGO events were held there.

Esrice,

Neat idea except for one thing: MSCC already has 500 members and the club just turned down 100 applications for membership! Marketing the club isn't a problem.:D

======================================

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    a bunch of shooters isn't an issue if all the shooters are club members, and I know we have have a bunch that are so it should be fine.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I am most interested. This is the best opportunity I have for y'all to line up and flog me.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I'm not sure I would use the word "bombard" in your request. :dunno:

Seriously though, why do they have a 500 member limit? Is it because of the size of the range, or does it get so crowded sometimes, it's lent to safety? I have heard some here say they go and there is no body there the whole time they visit. And the other thing that doesn't make sense, if you go as a visitor with another member, and you like it, you can't go back until the next year, and that's only if they allow your membership.

This range seems like a legitimate business model to me? :dunno:

I think it's to PREVENT a bunch of shooters at the range all at once. With a 500 member cap, it's safe to say that you can show up and not have a ton of people at the range, waiting to shoot, etc...Just my guess though, I'm a new member myself so I don't have a definite answer.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I think you got your interest. We are waiting to see if they will allow it.

Actually, I haven't seen half the people respond in this thread as in the other thread concerning membership start or renewal. So, I was just bumping it to keep the thread up so others who don't frequent the site everyday--they just may see it.

I was thinking April.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I think if you want an informal Club/INGO day then do that. Ask the club to send out an email to club members telling them what day you plan to be there and the purpose of the meet.

For existing club members who are active on INGO to meet FTF. Skip the non-member part of it for now. Get over the first hurdle, then do the second. In my circle we do informal get togethers at the club on our own. Many club members are on INGO and usually after we shoot others join as well.

Just a thought.....

PS IM Opus on here for help, he gets it done.

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Not a member but I would dearly love to participate in an INGO meet-and greet day at the Martinsville club. I will keep watching this thread.

Top Bottom