Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club: INGO meet/shoot day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I think we need to pick a Sat. in May to all meet n' greet at the range.

I'm thinking just a non-formal meet n' plink, chat n' sit type thing.

I'd like to meet some more people to shoot with!

Anyone?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    are you allowed guests? What would a guest range fee be?

Depending on the date, I'd pry drive down.

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    I sadly didn't get the forms in on time... Maybe next year I'll be at the Post Office in Martinsville on Jan 1st :D

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN

I'll charge you...ohh...umm... $50? :): You could be my guest!

I'd like to see if this could take place. If we get enough members to respond I may see if we can sticky it and make it official.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    hmmm.... so no range fees on guests I take it, although $50 does sound like a bargain. I'd assume that $50 means you'll be covering all my ammo :D

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I am now a member. I made it a point to mail that stuff off on the 2nd of January this year.
    Anyhow, I think this sounds fun. I could take a guest...if my wife hasn't already planned something on the Saturday in question.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'd be up for a shooting day at the club. I'm a new member this yr and would like to meet some new guys. Depending on the date, i'm in :yesway:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I'm not a member, but I would like to check it out. Maybe someone who patrols the same streets as me might let me ride along?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

I recieved my gate pass last week:rockwoot:but don't have my copy of the rules in front of me but it says you are allowed to bring a guest one time at no charge. After that they have to join. Not sure if that means only one guest one time or can't repeat the same guest, probably no repeats.

I wouldn't mind a meetngreet, it would be nice to be able to put some faces to the names here.:welcome:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Unless we get something sanctioned by the club I think a meet and greet is going to be hard to do and stay within club rules. The rules were not set up very guest friendly.

The best thing to do would get everyone down on the first bowling pin shoot that way Guests are allowed if I understand the nature of the bowling pin shoot.

If we get a bunch of responses Mettle will have to check with the board on what they want to do, of find out where dougbarnes has been, I saw a post from him saying he'd be hard to get for a while but I don't remember the details

Now if you want to hit up the membership for a meet then were all within our rights and technically if we all attach ourselves to one buddy and bring him as our one guest then technically we would be ok but if we do the board will modify the rules to keep this from happening again or we need to do it before the next board meeting.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would recommend talking to the board about hosting the event without any guest fees-- think of it as "try out the club for a day" marketing.

I heard that MCFG has had MANY folks become members after various INGO events were held there.

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Whatever is done, we should do it with the full blessing of the board. As I understood it, you are able to bring one non-immediate family guest while you are there. If that is the case, and we can buddy up, then I would assume we can do it. However, we should still check in just to be sure. I do not desire to violate any club policies, express or implied, in any way.

-Calvin

Top Bottom