Martinsville
    sourgrapes.jpg

mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    I got my membership 5 years ago by mailing my application in and now that I am in, I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I love the fact that the club is limited to 500 members as it is rarely busy no matter when you go. I also love the fact that every single member that I have ever met there has been nothing but nice, pleasant and helpful if needed. I hope the club doesn't expand its membership anytime soon. Thanks guys and keep it up!!!!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I got my membership 5 years ago by mailing my application in and now that I am in, I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I love the fact that the club is limited to 500 members as it is rarely busy no matter when you go. I also love the fact that every single member that I have ever met there has been nothing but nice, pleasant and helpful if needed. I hope the club doesn't expand its membership anytime soon. Thanks guys and keep it up!!!!

I gave up my membership this year due to a move. I visited a public range yesterday located in the national forest. I saw no less than 25 safety violations and could not stand it, so I packed up and left. I think they should keep things just like they are at Martinsville. Why open up things up to issues? Apparently they manage the money properly and ensure the land is properly taken care of and also add other amenities to keep the membership happy.

Yeah, I know while you are not a member the place sucks and needs to change. After you get in it's wonderful and doesn't need to make any changes.

HuntingBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I moved to area in 2013 and looked for a shooting range. Martinsville Club seems good but the way they accept membership is poor. I have never known a shooting range have such a silly method. I considered waiting in line this year but I refused to freeze my butt for the "honor" of belonging. It is my opinion that equates those waiting for membership to be similar to those who wait all night for the next iPhone or Xbox game console. I am too old for such ridiculous things as requiring prospective members to wait alight for a chance to join. There are other alternatives to Martinsville here in Indiana and other states. Perhaps one day they will consider a different membership system but that is the game they are playing today. Too bad!

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I have been reading a lot of criticisms these last couple of days about MVCC. I just want to say that I think its a wonderful place to shoot and couldn't be happier with the job the board does. I like that its not crowded, its clean, safe, always being improved, and everyone I have met there has treated me like a friend. Keep up the good work guys! Ive been a member for about 5 years now and will quit renewing when im dead. :):

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Poor,silly,refused "honor", too old, ridiculous, requiring, alternatives, game? Begs to wonder what area you moved from, and what previous lifestyle brought about this manifest as a recent resident of this area and know absolutely nothing about the history of this particular piece of private property. Reminds me of a vacation several years ago, wherein I spent a week in Montana at a friends home. Heard stories every day I was there of folks moving in from out of state, and particular those from the East Coast or Kalifornia, and quickly set about trying to change attitudes, their way of doing things, and their local culture. Yup, rotten way of running a private club seeing as how you didn't follow the rules to gain membership. Que had it right!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Poor,silly,refused "honor", too old, ridiculous, requiring, alternatives, game? Begs to wonder what area you moved from, and what previous lifestyle brought about this manifest as a recent resident of this area and know absolutely nothing about the history of this particular piece of private property. Reminds me of a vacation several years ago, wherein I spent a week in Montana at a friends home. Heard stories every day I was there of folks moving in from out of state, and particular those from the East Coast or Kalifornia, and quickly set about trying to change attitudes, their way of doing things, and their local culture. Yup, rotten way of running a private club seeing as how you didn't follow the rules to gain membership. Que had it right!

You mean like the people that move to the county and complain about the smell from the pig farm next door or people shooting. :): I've been on the board of two local ranges and one thing that will never change is someone will always find something to complain about.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Guys, I know we all get heated about many things in the gun community, but we must remember that we are a family! We must remember that even if you didn't get into Martinsville this year... well, I think this video says it all.

[video=youtube_share;Chn0PovzoNY]http://youtu.be/Chn0PovzoNY[/video]

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Sometimes you just have to let trolls be trolls. The board has no responsibility to appease the general public.

Rog, thanks for such a great job this year on the club. Be sure to pass it along to the board that the membership is very happy with the new stands, 300m range, gutters, target holders as well as the great upkeep on the property. This place has only gotten better over the 3 years I've been a member.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I moved to area in 2013 and looked for a shooting range. Martinsville Club seems good but the way they accept membership is poor. I have never known a shooting range have such a silly method. I considered waiting in line this year but I refused to freeze my butt for the "honor" of belonging. It is my opinion that equates those waiting for membership to be similar to those who wait all night for the next iPhone or Xbox game console. I am too old for such ridiculous things as requiring prospective members to wait alight for a chance to join. There are other alternatives to Martinsville here in Indiana and other states. Perhaps one day they will consider a different membership system but that is the game they are playing today. Too bad!
    Eh, I was quite comfortable. All about preparation I guess... :dunno:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I considered waiting in line this year but I refused to freeze my butt for the "honor" of belonging.

I think the rather uncomfortable position one would have to place oneself in so that only one's butt would freeze off whilst the rest of the body remained warm and toasty in the vehicle would more of a concern. But that's just me. Carry on, I'm sure there are other things that you want to change about Indiana and I don't want to get in your way. :laugh: :laugh:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    WOW. The more I read the commentary in this thread the happier I am that the new member procedures are in place. We are better off without those that go out of their way to whine and complain.;)

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    Bwframe.

Seriously!!!! Don't you understand that's the way of life now? Most younger generation has no concept of helping themselves or figuring out how to achieve goals by hard work and determination. If no assistance is available whining and complaining is the norm.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    People think for some reason they entitled to things . Get over it already ! It's a private club with a set number of members. They make the rules if you don't like them to bad ! Their house their rules. You want someone to tell you how to run your house ? I hope the whiners never get in it would ruin the club ! If you're not willing to put the time in that it takes to join then you're the one to blame.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Their club, their rules. If you don't like the rules you don't have to play.
    I have to wonder if the complaining by some would not stop after obtaining membership.
    Would they go to the monthly meetings & make the board miserable?

I had intentions of joining for the past several years. With the Holidays would forget & it would be full when I would remember to check. Then I got serious about it & did what I had to do last year to get in.
    We made it a family event, took food, coffee, movies for the kids & had a good time. My kids still talk about how fun it was for them.

Previously I went to private property where someone lets people shoot, my son & I were muzzle swept with finger in the trigger guard by a young girl then I decided I was DONE. There had been other issues but that was the last straw.

My family values the membership we have, I have NO complaints about having to arrive at 3:00am 1/1/2013. If I didn't have membership already I would have NO complaints about having to get there at 3:00pm (or whenever) the day before & would plan accordingly.

People will make time to do that which is important to them.

This my sound abrasive & that is not my intent, just how I see it.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    I am going to blame the whining on the fact that the kids coming out of the system now days are not use to not getting everything they want. When you have a school system that will not let you play games in the classroom parties that have a winner and a loser you end up with some kids that never learn how to deal with losing. My advice is if you want to "win" the membership "game" try harder next year. It really is worth it, but be warned......It's a Whine Free Zone!

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    first I'm not a member there and I will never be, because I have plenty of places to go without paying for a membership.

question for the whinners, what is the significance of being a member or not? what would happen to you if you don't get a chance to shoot your guns there? the answer is absolutely Nothing.

grow up and move on.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom