• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Warning to anyone heading over today, the main gate is not working. I will post more later and have sent emails to the club alerting them, but FYI if you are heading over today - the main gate is not working right and be prepared to walk back to the range rather than drive.

Will post more as soon as I know more.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    On those days with the present conditions we have had recently, the gate genearally freezes up. In my experience with chain drive gates, they don't work so well in wet freeze conditions. I have run into this @ MSCC last year and was locked inside. Luckily I had a can of wd-40 and some grease and was able to lubricate the chain and was able to get out! I am sure the gate gets greased on a regular basis, however, these weather conditions We have been experiencing have a tendency to wreak havaoc on mechanical assemblies exposed to the elements!!!

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Gate is working!

Have spoken with Techres to let him know and thank him for the heads up. After getting his notification called our board member/maintenance guy to advise him. By the time I got there it was working. The only thing I can attribute it to is the cold. We will discuss this at the March meeting.

We did have one new member come and shoot.

Thanks again for the heads up Techres. :yesway:

Doug

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Have spoken with Techres to let him know and thank him for the heads up. After getting his notification called our board member/maintenance guy to advise him. By the time I got there it was working. The only thing I can attribute it to is the cold. We will discuss this at the March meeting.

Doug

Thanks for the fast response time! That's exactly what makes MSCC so great. If it is any help, here is a video of what the gate was doing & the alarm that was going off:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPhyTrDzhHw]YouTube - Gate Fail[/ame]

It was LOUD!

Hope that helps.

indygator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Indy

Doug
    I'm a new member and was the first person in this last Sat (no tracks in the snow). The gate was not moving so I had to physically help it get going, but once it started moving there were no issues with it shutting and opening again to let me out.

Top Bottom