Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Project Vote Smart - Senator Marlin A. Stutzman - Voting Record

He's gun friendly...

Senator Stutzman voted YES
    Read statements Senator Stutzman made in this general time period.

Project Vote Smart's Synopsis:

Vote to pass a bill that allows individuals to use deadly force in protecting occupied motor vehicles and specifies that a person using deadly force under any legal circumstance does not have a duty to retreat. Additionally, the bill bans any policy that prohibits possessing a loaded or unloaded handgun, shotgun, or rifle that is locked in a person’s motor vehicle on his or her property. The bill stipulates that this ban does not apply to school property, childcare institutions, penal facilities, and other specified locations.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    He seems to have a pretty good record of voting, I have not read through all of them yet but Ill try to read a few every day.

thecanuck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Everything I've seen and heard shows he's a good, young conservative. Without Mike Pence in the race it's a toss-up between him and Hostettler in my view for being a good conservative candidate... Dan Coats is not the way we need to go for sure!

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Everything I've seen and heard shows he's a good, young conservative. Without Mike Pence in the race it's a toss-up between him and Hostettler in my view for being a good conservative candidate... Dan Coats is not the way we need to go for sure!

Couldnt agree more, Marlin is young energetic and I think gets it. All for lowering taxes and enlarging the economy by cutting taxes on business and eliminating taxes on capital gains.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    He still favors energy tax credits however. Indiana really needs to do away with the subsidies. Wind farms are not economical without them, neither is ethanol or soy diesel. There is hope for all of these things, but propping them up is not the way to make them profitable. In fact subsidizing bio fuels only ups food costs, that are inflated by farm subsidies.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    He still favors energy tax credits however. Indiana really needs to do away with the subsidies. Wind farms are not economical without them, neither is ethanol or soy diesel. There is hope for all of these things, but propping them up is not the way to make them profitable. In fact subsidizing bio fuels only ups food costs, that are inflated by farm subsidies.

That was the one thing I did find Im not keen on, Im still not a fan of the "alt" fuel out there how it works right now. I feel the private industry if someone wants should do it. If they find a good way of doing it great they will become successful, if not they fail and fold. Maybe this should be one thing we should question hard about?

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    T-rav, we really should. However be careful, there are many people in this state that will want to crucify me for threatening farm subsidies. But if you talk about energy and bio fuel subsidies you have to bring them up.

But the fact remains that we need to ditch all of these if we really want an open market. Because of our location Indiana is a good choice for many large businesses. If we pulled back the tax burdens, worked for better property rights, and cut out the favors and subsidies we wouldn't have to worry about "creating" jobs.

But if we really want to talk about this we should probably start our own thread. By the way nice 239 in your avatar.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Stutzman seems to be an okay candidate. I am really leaning toward Hostettler because Stutzman supported and pushed for the Indiana Toll road lease. When I questioned Stutzman about it, he told me that it was good for Indiana because maintaining the toll road was too expensive for the state. I am still not comfortable with the toll road lease because control of it was turned over to a foreign company for many years. Stutzman was okay with this because the cost savings outweighed any questions about state and national sovereignty. If you doubt me, go to his Facebook page and scroll back to February 12th. My question to him about the toll road and his answer is there for all the world to see.

This is why I am leaning toward Hostettler.

Last edited:

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    And what exactly is the problem with leasing to a foreign company? There are several foreign companies that OWN land in this state.

whipfinish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Stutzman seems to be an okay candidate. I am really leaning toward Hostettler because Stutzman supported and pushed for the Indiana Toll road lease. When I questioned Stutzman about it, he told me that it was good for Indiana because maintaining the toll road was too expensive for the state. I am still not comfortable with the toll road lease because control of it was turned over to a foreign company for many years. Stutzman was okay with this because the cost savings outweighed any questions about state and national sovereignty. If you doubt me, go to his Facebook page and scroll back to February 12th. My question to him about the toll road and his answer is there for all the world to see.

This is why I am leaning toward Hostettler.

I think that the LEASE of the Toll Road was sheer genius by Daniels. Having worked on the Toll Road for two years, I saw first hand how corrupt the management and the damn politicians stole money and handed out favors to their buddies to profit off the taxpayers of Indiana. Besides, do you think that the new leasee will be taking it anywhere soon?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Agreed, re: toll road... And I recall hearing/reading that it may be coming back to us much sooner if the foreign consortium folds.. And we still have the money. That would actually be a point in favor of Stutzman for me. Nonetheless, I wonder if he is as electable as Hostettler; given that either would be good for Indiana and all else being equal, would we not do better having the guy that will bring in more votes vs. the Dems? I'm not sure that isn't Stutzman, but I'm not sure about his name recognition, either. So far, I could go with either one.

Blessings,
    Bill

17Chap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Marlin Stutzman is from my area. He is what you see, a farmer who got fed up. He defeated an entrenched democrat who had gotten way out of touch for state representative. He is good campaigner and a true conservative.

Jess

thecanuck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I agree on the Toll Road. Had Daniel's not have done that - this state would have been in ALOT worse shape than it is now. Because of what he did the state is earning interest every day to put into infrastructure and projects which create jobs without creating more debt.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Marlin Stutzman is from my area. He is what you see, a farmer who got fed up. He defeated an entrenched democrat who had gotten way out of touch for state representative. He is good campaigner and a true conservative.

Jess

Have you met the man in person? Im really eager to meet him in person and really get a feel for him. A state Senator I chat with on Facebook here and there was relaying messages to him last night actually when they were on the floor. He might swing on here and introduce hisself if we are lucky, he is a lifetime member of the NRA so hopefully we will see him on here.

17Chap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Have you met the man in person? Im really eager to meet him in person and really get a feel for him. A state Senator I chat with on Facebook here and there was relaying messages to him last night actually when they were on the floor. He might swing on here and introduce hisself if we are lucky, he is a lifetime member of the NRA so hopefully we will see him on here.

Yes, I've met him but it was just an intro/greeting at a county Republican dinner. No substantive conversation.

Jess

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I got to meet Marlin at a College Republicans meeting a few months ago. After the official/scheduled stuff was done, he just hung around and chatted with folks for like another hour about whatever we wanted to talk about. It was really great. Family oriented, in touch with the concerns of the people, pro-gun (not just gun-friendly), just a good guy all around. He's got my vote.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    He was on WOWO this morning, did anyone from the Ft Wayne area hear it? I was working so I couldn't get to listen to it fully.

Top Bottom