• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chayne02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    I also like the idea that with the tube feed marlin, you will not be tempted to go out and buy several exta mags. So if you are just looking to go out and target shoot and not customize the gun, then the cost should stay down. All you might want would be a scope which I would think you would get for either choice.

devildog178

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Henry Co
    10/22 IMO is a better option. A simple fix to the gritty trigger is a $30 Volquartsen hammer and sear. The rest can be upgraded at your own pace later.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I have both, and recently added a second Marlin Model 60 50th Anniversary Edition.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...marlin_model_60_50th_anniversary_edition.html

I'll take the Model 60 over the 10/22 any day of the week. With over 11 million of them manufactured in the last half century, to say they are "well proven" would be a total understatement.

Most people simply cannot fathom that kind of production. If you divide it out it comes to 602 rifles manufactured and sold every single day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, for 50 straight years! That is a phenomenal accomplishment for a single model of a .22 rifle. Bill T.

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    In my opinion, it kind of depends on what you are looking for in the gun. The 10/22 offers infinite possibilities to tinker and upgrade, but the vary basic models are pretty basic. Marlin is probably a little more versitile, and in my experience, probably a touch more accurate out of the box. My $0.02, Marlin for general plinking and getting some squirrels, 10/22 if you are doing more range work.

MJ45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    marlin is a better and more accurate shooter imo but the 10/22 is a fun plinker and has endless modding options.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    One thing I think is much better about the Ruger is the Weaver scope mounting system. Even my bare bones "entry level" model shipped drilled and tapped, and included a scope base.

I've never cared for the tip off scope mounting system on the Marlins and other guns.

Top Bottom