• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    Finally shot the 1895 Guide Gun today. What a sweet shooter. I tested the Indiana legal loads that a friend of mine loaded for me and they dropped in nicely at IN deer distances (50-100 yds.). Even though they were 405 gr. bullets the recoil wasn't so bad. The 300 gr. factory loads were even nicer to shoot. I really like this carbine.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Finally shot the 1895 Guide Gun today. What a sweet shooter. I tested the Indiana legal loads that a friend of mine loaded for me and they dropped in nicely at IN deer distances (50-100 yds.). Even though they were 405 gr. bullets the recoil wasn't so bad. The 300 gr. factory loads were even nicer to shoot. I really like this carbine.

Cool!
    That should prove to be a decisive deer stopper.
    The nice thing about relatively low velocity rounds is that you can -- as the old saying goes -- eat right up to the hole.
    Venison is some fine eating, that's for sure.

vernw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Dallas now born Indy
    I've got the same gun in stainless steel and with a dot sight throws the Leverlution factory loads into 1" or less groups at 50 yards.

I'd be very VERY interested in hearing more about 1.8" legal IN deer loads for it.....

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Took mine to AK and had it slung over the shoulder on a long hike up to the ice shelf outside Seward. There were signs everywhere about recent increased bear activity. Got lots of dirt looks from hippies.

Top Bottom