• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Had the Marlin 45-70 years ago. Thought it'd be fun. Loaded up some heavy loads but could not hit
    with it (flinching? ) . So of course it needed a scope....three scope scars later I decided it wasn't so much fun and sold it...wish I had it now, now that I'm not so dumb....

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Had the Marlin 45-70 years ago. Thought it'd be fun. Loaded up some heavy loads but could not hit
    with it (flinching? ) . So of course it needed a scope....three scope scars later I decided it wasn't so much fun and sold it...wish I had it now, now that I'm not so dumb....

Scout scope only please. Lol!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Funny, when I took my 45-70 out for the first time, I was absolutely blown away by the accuracy even though my shoulder was waving a white flag after a few rounds.

First time I can recall shooting a palm sized group at 70 yards, standing with express sights. I'm usually lucky to manage that even with a scope.

Top Bottom