• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    She is definitely better looking than he is but he has the whole Congressional power thing going.

I sent an email to my county chairman asking that they try to secure a good conservative for the spot. He and I already had some contentious exchanges over Coats so he may be filtering my email address :)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I personally don't care what he does with his personal life. But in this case, his actions were totally incongruent with what he preached and promoted. If you are going to stand up on a mantle and scream family values, you best practice them at home.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    CarmelHP,

I stand corrected.

I was thinking about a seat that was left empty after the primary or convention.

Good catch. Thanks.

Regards,

Doug

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Go here: Mark Souder: Would he have resigned if he were a Democrat? - CSMonitor.com

csmlogo_179x46.gif

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Since Souder is resigning his seat, not merely withdrawing as a candidate for re-election, the governor intends to call a special election for a replacement to serve out the term (ending January 3, 2011). This will likely take place in July as at least 60 days is needed prior to the election.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    On a personal note, I feel as though this couldn't have happened to a more deserving person. His family is now unfortunately tied to this, but Mark deserves everything that's headed his way. I hope the community of Grabill shuns him as well.

A couple of points;

Marks comments about the poison of Washington being the root. More lip service from a politician. If the Washington poison caused the problem, then why did this 2 year affair occur with a staffer in/from Ft. Wayne?

Then, after his best Jimmy Swaggart impression, and his full admission of his actions; Mark states that he would have been cleared of any chargeable offenses. Hello? Am I the only one that heard that part? Or is that just the type of connections you gain after voting pro-UAW on the bailouts and Cash for Clunkers? Is he now mob connected to the point where he can fully admit fault, and yet also claim to be completely void of fault and/or wrong doing?

I look forward to watching how this will proceed, but I have very little faith in the party, and even less faith that they'll actually pick a true conservative that will represent the people of the 3rd District.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    all the morning news is calling Marlin the best person to replace Souder.

So we vote for Marlin in July and then again in November. Go take a peak at Marlin's fb page, he's getting a lot of positive support for something that hasn't even been mentioned by him yet.

woodchuck4950

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Danville, IN
    Top Bottom