• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKNEWBIE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Greetings, newbie here.

Just moved from Virginia and have a SBR question.

My aim is to convert one fine H+K 94A2 semi auto into a semi auto SBR by hiring a gunsmith to chop the barrel down.

This requires a $200 tax, ATF approval, and a local law enforcement signature.

Two questions before I go out and buy a $4500 HK94A2:

1. Who is the local official that will sign for Lawrence twsp Indianapolis?
    2. What are the chances this official will sign an application for this make/model SBR?

Thanks in advance,

JR

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    No idea about the CLEO, but if he doesn't want to sign, you can always set up a living trust for the gun and not have to require a signature.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    No idea about the CLEO, but if he doesn't want to sign, you can always set up a living trust for the gun and not have to require a signature.

+1 thats how I did it and it is much easier.

Just stop by the local police station and ask who the chief is and that's your man.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Greetings, newbie here.

Just moved from Virginia and have a SBR question.

My aim is to convert one fine H+K 94A2 semi auto into a semi auto SBR by hiring a gunsmith to chop the barrel down.

This requires a $200 tax, ATF approval, and a local law enforcement signature.

Two questions before I go out and buy a $4500 HK94A2:

1. Who is the local official that will sign for Lawrence twsp Indianapolis?
    2. What are the chances this official will sign an application for this make/model SBR?

Thanks in advance,

JR

Part of Lawrence Township is in the County, part is in Lawrence PD jurisdiction and part may be in IMPD (old city limits) but since the merger of the Sheriff and IPD = IMPD it would be Lawrence PD or IMPD. Need to find out who your PD is, Lawrence or IMPD

HKNEWBIE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    According to the crime maps lawrence pd is responsible for me. That and a LPD officer attended my last neighborhood watch. I am approx just north of 46th and just east of franklin rd. Thanks for any help. Guess it would not hurt to go ask them.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I just set up a revocable living trust for my wife & me. I talked to the Station Chief of the ATF NFA branch and was told that either my wife or I could possess items in the trust. W/ the trust all I needed was to fill out form 4 & writer a check fo the tax. No picture, no prints, no CLEO signature. Now the waiting begins (dropped in mail Sat.)

Top Bottom